3 Days - I feel so much better already

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

3 Days - I feel so much better already

Postby keysdiver » April 15th, 2004, 1:56 am

I ordered my medifast on Sunday and found your website the same day. You have been so encouraging to me.......

I am a 43 year old father of two weighing 292 on Sunday. I had an opportunity to dive with my kids on Friday(spring break) and I cancelled because I couldn't buckle my weight belt----sad. It really hit me hard and I realized I needed help.

I'm only 5'11" so I need to get to at least 220 to really be healthy again.

This website has helped me stick to "complete" Slimfast liquid(The Medifast box hasn't come in yet) for 3 days now. My personality is all or none. It doesn't seem like I can have moderation in my food, so I am going to go with the complete plan. I'm scared to death that if I go off I'll never get back on, so I'm giving it everything I have to stay on it.

Thanks again for keeping this website active...it is helping me tremendously.
keysdiver

Postby marge » April 15th, 2004, 4:40 am

welcome Keysdiver..you have found the right place. I am a pretty much newbie as well. this is day 4 for me and I feel great...dont feel hungry at all. I am doing the full program with the freebees, celery, jello, pickles and of course loads of water.

This seems to be my last straw as well because all the usual things I have been doing was not working..weight watchers, very slow.

Take each hour at a time and you notice I did not say day. Yo can do it and on this plan you do eat food as part of the plan...Unless of course you want all shakes...I personally could not handle all liquids..that is why I need the oatmeal and the bar..

Any how welcome and good luck to you, keep posting, especially during the bumps in the road and it is a road to a new and wonderful future.

marge
marge
Preferred member

Postby marge » April 15th, 2004, 4:42 am

ps. I am 61 with 2 total hip replacements and due for another revision in December and I weigh 200 starting day Monday. I will not weigh again until sunday and post it....I want to lose 50 pounds before my surgery in December :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P
marge
Preferred member

Postby Carrie » April 15th, 2004, 5:27 am

Hi Keysdiver,

You've come to the right place.

Invest some time in reading over past posts here .... they are a great source of information and encouragement. And visit often and participate in the forum, it helps keep you going.

If you stick to this program, you will lose the weight you want to lose. You will have good days and bad days. Appreciate the good days, and tolerate the bad ones, they will pass.

Welcome.

Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

good luck!

Postby Tonya » April 15th, 2004, 7:04 am

I'm a newbie and a diver as well. Actually, one of the things that helped me decide to do this program was wearing a wet suit! I hated the way that I looked in it and I felt so self conscious (well, until I got under the water anyway) I am so looking forward to my next dive in November when I'll have to go down a couple of sizes!!! :)

Welcome to the forum and I think the complete fast is a great way to get started. I understand the all or nothing thing which is why this approach works so great. Plus, it will help you see results quicker in the beginning and that's always helpful! :)

Good luck - I'm sure you'll do great!!
Tonya
161/149/127

You can be pleased with nothing when you are not pleased with yourself.
Tonya
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Guest » April 15th, 2004, 7:44 am

Your decision for a full (purist) liquid fast was an excellent start, Keysdiver. For some of us, all or nothing truly is the only way we can do this.

Since you are a man, you'll find that your 70 lbs will drop off of you in no time, and the difference it will make in your life will be astounding. I promise. I can hardly wait for Mike (Explorthis) to return from vacation to take you under his wing.

My advice is obvious: 1) get on the forum as many times a day as it takes to keep motivated and encouraged, 2) stick to the program, and 3) drink the water.

And, most important, don't take that first bite.

Good luck, and keep in touch.

Landylue

Postby Unca_Tim » April 15th, 2004, 8:41 am

Welcome Diver,
We're glad you found the forum and find it useful.

I just wanted to comment on your "full fast" on slimfast. Slimfast is not an approved Medical food and should not be used as a sole source for your diet. I know it's just a short period for you, but i wanted to make it clear to others that may be thinking about slimfast as an alternative to Medifast.

Keep us posted.
Happy shakin,
:cheers:
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby keysdiver » April 17th, 2004, 12:28 am

Thanks for all the encouragement and advice.....I made it to Day 6 and I received the Medifast package so I'm good to go. I'm looking forward to my weigh-in on Monday.
keysdiver

DAY 6

Postby marge » April 17th, 2004, 6:30 am

Hey Keysdiver..we are both on day 6...so glad your goodie package arrived...I started with the 2 week starter kit because I was not sure if I could handle this diet but I am impressed and of course I ran out of my favorite food..oatmeal...I love the oatmeal in the am before I work out and I also love the bars even though we are limited to 1 a day..the bar is my treat :O) My order arrived on monday so I am forced to drink shakes over the weekend.....I have to be honest I would not make it just drinking shakes :oops: :oops:

Good luck again and enjoy 8)
marge
Preferred member

Postby keysdiver » April 18th, 2004, 4:44 am

Marge, i agree with you on the shakes, but I'm going to keep experimenting until I find the best way to mix them. I made it through 7 days!
keysdiver

Postby Landylue » April 18th, 2004, 5:55 am

I think many of us agree that the shakes are best mixed in a blender for around 30 seconds, with a couple of packets of sweetner and 4-6 ice cubes thrown in. The colder the better. Also, adding a diet cola or root beer to the vanilla, reminds me of an ice cream float. If you add a little nutmeg and rum flavoring to the vanilla, it will come close to an egg nog.
There are other ideas for mixing the shakes out in the 'Lean Cusine' section on this forum.

Lastly, you might want to consider ordering several bottles of Da Vinci sugarless syrup off the Internet. They're incredible! My favorites are caramel, macadamia nut, and butter rum.

I don't know about everyone else, but I have a feeling Marge and Keysdiver are going to be a couple of our real success stories out here on the forum.

Everyone have a great week!

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby marge » April 18th, 2004, 6:03 am

Landylu:

You are a sweet, sweet lady and what wonderful comments to start this stunday morning...this diet is a challenge but I AM UP FOR IT righ now. I MUST get the 50 pounds off before my surgery in december so there IS NO OTHER OPTION and wow am I so lucky to have you and all the other wonderful supporters on this board.

thank you Landylu..hugs and more hugs

WE WILL SUCCEED ;) :| :| ;) :lol
marge
Preferred member

Postby shineface » April 23rd, 2004, 4:57 pm

WELCOME!!!!!!!

Believe me when I tell you that you are in the right place!!!

I am always on this board – however, I am an Innkeeper and the primary Innkeepers are on vacation so I am holding down the fort while they are gone --- loving it …but running the whole business. Staff, books, baking, greeting, advertising, booking, etc, etc.

I can’t imagine doing what I am doing before I started Medifast --- look at my numbers and you will know what I mean --- this program works and I’ll tell you that this forum is the BEST!!!!! I MISS EVERYONE --- but by the first of May I’ll have my usual time to devote to reading and posting --- can’t wait!!!

Come here often and keep reading and posting and shaking and slurping and drink – drink- drink the water!!!!!!!!!!

WE WILL do this together!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to Come on in.