I feel hungry - Help

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

I feel hungry - Help

Postby dkearby » September 30th, 2006, 4:56 pm

Ok, It is probably because I haven't had any carbs, but I feel unsatisfied.

Heres what I ate today - I didnt receive my order until 3 so I had to improvise

11am Glucerna Shake
3pm Medifast shake
4pm Chicken Broth
6pm medifast shake
8pm Green beans and chicken tenders (boneless skinless, cooked in 2tbl peanut oil, served 8)

I just finished dinner and I am stomach full, but don't feel "satisfied".

Any suggestions
David
236 - 236 - 170
dkearby

Postby DogMa » September 30th, 2006, 5:32 pm

You already had the broth, so technically you're not supposed to have another snack, but I'd try a little sugar-free Jell-O. That sweet taste will often signal your brain that you're done eating.

You probably WILL be hungry the first few days. You can drink extra water (you didn't say in your post, but be sure you're drinking LOTS of water) and have your allowed snack, and if you're desperate you can have an extra Medifast meal, but you mostly just have to ride it out - especially when it's more an emotional response than a physical one. You said yourself that you're not physically hungry; your brain may take awhile to adjust to the idea that you're not stuffing yourself at every meal. For now, remember that your next meal is only a couple of hours away and try to distract yourself.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Arklahoma » September 30th, 2006, 6:40 pm

It will take time to get accustomed to less bulk as you're eating less; however, you didn't eat all your meals. You should have 5 MF plus the L/G. Belly up to the bar and have another MF.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby VictoriousNat » September 30th, 2006, 7:40 pm

Hang in there, David. I felt the same way my first two days. Your body will begin to adjust. I am winding down week 4 and now I feel satisfied a lot sooner than before.
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
Waiting for Doctor's clearance to restart MF.
VictoriousNat
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby alpha femme » September 30th, 2006, 7:47 pm

i feel fat

:(
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby beeah_b » October 1st, 2006, 1:20 pm

I had quite a few days where I needed to have a 6th supplement just to keep from eating something Off-Plan. A few nights I even went to bed early just to keep from eating. Hang in there. The beginning is always tough, but smoothe sailing is ahead! 8)
Going to restart Jun 2009, been gone since after surgery Oct06. Can't wait !
beeah_b
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby petladyinRI » October 2nd, 2006, 4:33 am

If I am reading your day's food correctly, you did not eat enough. I don't know what time you got up, but most people eat within one hour of arising. Also, I realize you hadn't gotten your shipment until later in the day. Counting the Glucerna shake as one of your supplements, you only had 3 of those, one snack, and one L&G meal. You are supposed to have 5 supplements and one L&G, plus a snack if you'd like one. Hope things get easier for you.
Sue in RI
"I think I can, I think I can..."
petladyinRI
Trusted Member

Postby Mom2three » October 4th, 2006, 2:56 pm

I didn't really believe it either, but once you get past the first few days (staying on plan with no cheating!!), you really do lose the hunger pains. I actually have hard time eating enough for my L&G meal at night... I'm just not hungry enough most nights!

I have also gotten past the eating my kids foods..... I can actually sit down to dinner, either at home, or at a restaurant, and actually not eat their french fries, or a bite of their chicken nuggets... alot of that not feeling satisified comes from emotional eating... I kept thinking I needed something else - but it was really because I was dealing with stress by eating or drinking a beer. Now I get some water and munch on a medifast snack (one cracker at a time!!) if I really need something to keep my mouth busy!!

You can do it, but the first few days are the hardest!
Lynn :)

Start Date: Aug 13th, 2006
174/158/142

#10 09/08/2006
#20 10/20/2006 (finally!!)
Mom2three
Regular Member - #20 Club

Return to Weight Loss