fat and a cold

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

fat and a cold

Postby flamingogal » January 24th, 2006, 4:23 am

Hello,
A couple more questions...
1. On the 5 and 1 plan, how many fat grams are we allowed daily?

2. I've had a cold lately, so I've been having to suck on the Sugar Free Hall's cough drops. I have about 3 per day. Can this affect weight loss? I know this might seem like a dumb question, but I'll tell you why I ask. Several years ago, I was on some very low carb diet. I remember that this program stated to be careul about consuming alot of sugar free items, because the body could get fooled by "fake sugar" and treat some of it as real sugar.
Additionally, I have 1-2 diet sodas, a large glass of sugar free lemonade, and a bottle of sugar free flavored water daily. Oh, and I certainly get my 64 oz of good ol' water. Is this for real? Or did I just not get enough sleep last night?
flamingogal

A cold

Postby Jan » January 24th, 2006, 10:40 am

Hi Lisa,
The only thing I know about those sugar- free candy and gum is that they can irritate your stomach. That can make it rumble and feel hungry. I think it's the sorbitol. ( And the idea of weaning us off the taste of sugar probably has some validity too.) The other problem sorbitol can cause is a very very hasty trip to the potty. Ohhhhh.
Have your chicken noodle soup-- it really is good for colds. :D Just saw a new study which said so. Guess grandma was right aftrerall. :D
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » January 24th, 2006, 5:01 pm

Maltitol is the worst for stomach problems, actually. It's also used as a laxative for babies. Nice, huh?

I would think most of the Medi-foods would be great for a cold. The chicken soup, the cocoa ... nice and soothing.

Get well soon!!!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Weight Loss