I am cold

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

I am cold

Postby finalstraw » January 19th, 2004, 2:47 pm

First, I am in TN and we are having extremely cold temps here, but not unheard of. I am always HOT! But yesterday, I was not hot and today I am COLD! I have to admit it is a welcomed change from always being hot. Has anyone else experienced a change like this? ;)
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Jeanette » January 20th, 2004, 7:26 am

Who would have thought that someone like me with so much natural "insulation" would be cold like this? And Indiana winters can be brutal! Yes, this is one part of the program that is hard to adjust to!

Thank God for my little space heater by my desk!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Re: I am cold

Postby explorthis » January 20th, 2004, 9:12 am

finalstraw wrote:I am always HOT! But yesterday, I was not hot and today I am COLD! I have to admit it is a welcomed change from always being hot. Has anyone else experienced a change like this?

aaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha finally, someone like me!

YES! I learned for the first time in my life what COLD is. I live in Southern California. There is no cold here. In extreme winter, we might see high 40’s (your laughing) You know the song: It never rains in Southern California! Well this is true.

I was ALWAYS the HOT one! Always controlling the A/C switch, at home, and in the office. The Women hated me – they were always COLD. I would hear my name in vain as the A/C came on M-I-K-E!!!! M---I---K---E!!!! It always had to be in the mid 60’s I hated heat, I was always HOT-HOT-HOT.

Something interesting happened, not only did I lose many layers of FAT (its OK, you can call it FAT – I can) I lost my blanket, I get cold – freezing. YOU have not experienced cold yet. I can be in the opposite end of the house, my kid opens the fridge. (do kids know the fridge is not to cool the house? – it seems to be open 10 hours a day – while they mull over and over the contents, though they know by memory what is in there.) I feel a cold front coming on, from the opposite end of the house. I lived (past tense) LIVED in shorts and a tee shirt no matter the weather. It could be middle of winter, and I was in shorts. Hey, I live in California, we live in shorts. I slept it night in the middle of winter with sweat shorts only, and the ceiling fan on HIGH, and the A/C on. I was always HOT (You would think I was a menopausal woman!)

Well, not anymore with losing my blanket (Say: FAT) I lost my ability to be warm/hot. I am always COLD. I put on a jacket early in the AM, and most times do not remove it till I go to bed at 11:00 at night. I sleep with a sheet, comforter, and the quilt on in sweats, and am still cold.

Yes, I have experienced it. Is it worth it? YES. It’s worth getting warm via a jacket vs. keeping my blanket of FAT on for the rest of my life. Will my metabolism ever catch up? Who knows? I don’t really care. (It’s pretty easy to get warm) My hands are freezing as I am typing this)

Worth the trade.

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby star85 » January 20th, 2004, 5:03 pm

One night my hands were so cold that I could barely get through typing on this forum! I noticed I keep the heat a little higher now and I wear very thick sweatshirts over my T-shirts around the house to keep warm.

Kelyn
star85
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby SneezyKitten » January 21st, 2004, 4:54 am

I finally got the chills as many of you have and the thermostat and LL Bean wooly slippers held no relief. Never having been a spicy foods person, I did not know the joys of spicy Mrs. Dash (as recommended by Nancy). I added some to chicken bullion and 1) it made a soup so great my husband asked for some for himself and 2) it warmed me up! I got the water as hot as I could stand it and dashed (okay - I may have used a little more Mrs. Dash then I should have, but) and it kept me warm for almost two hours!!!
SneezyKitten
Regular Member - #10 Club

Return to Weight Loss