I've fallen off of the wagon......

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

I've fallen off of the wagon......

Postby SunnyV » April 10th, 2005, 8:42 am

I'm very disapointed in myself. I put together a huge promotion party for Friday night at my bosses house, and had to stay there for the duration of the party. I was very good-ate NO sweets or deserts, had 1/2 of a chicken breast and some steamed green beans. Then my boss insisted that I take home Lots of leftovers for my family and 7 bottles of wine. I love wine, haven't had any in several weeks.... Well, I hit a plateau last week, stuck at 31 lbs lost and just felt I needed to eat some real food. I ate real food all day yesterday (and 2 glasses of wine) and so far today. I've finally got a handle on myself and will resume Medifast tomorrow. I didn't join roll call today because if I saw a weight gain on the scale it would just kill me! I will be taking accountability for my actions once again as of tomorrow am, and will be posting for role call next Sunday. Sorry y'all, I know we are in it together and I didn't stay strong with the group. Food is my weakness and I caved. I feel like crying, but I won't, I just WILL NOT let food take over my life again....never again.

I'll talk with everyone soon-take care,

Viv
SunnyV
Newbie - #30 Club

Postby ljm498 » April 10th, 2005, 8:58 am

Well, I would have to say that you have already begun taking accountability for your actions just by posting here and that's great. :yes: Please don't beat yourself up over it. :hug: Just look toward tomorrow and get back to program. Once you are shakin it up again you will feel so much better and in control. Good luck this week! I know you will do great!
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
Total Lost 89.5 lbs!!! Wahoo!!!
ljm498
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby kassilou » April 10th, 2005, 9:13 am

Viv,
I just can't have things in the house that tempt me. My kids and hubby have their snacks, but I don't buy stuff that I really like. I can even have ice cream in the house as long as it is not one of my favorite flavors.

I had been on a plateau for about eight days, so I know how your mind starts to work on ya. I started thinking that as long as I wasn't losing, heck, I might as well be eating! Instead, I practically doubled my water and ended up having a 4# loss this week.

Now you have to concentrate on getting back on MF. Don't dwell on what you did, but keep it in mind the next time you feel tempted. Was it really worth it, given how you feel now? Nancy says "nothing tastes as good as thin feels". On this journey towards thindom, I make that "nothing tastes as good as being compliant feels".

Get back on it and have a great week.
To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.
~Ben Franklin
kassilou

Postby bikipatra » April 10th, 2005, 9:38 am

I think it as a great idea to wait a week before jumping on the scale. I know from personal experience that just a slight fluctuation in the wrong way can be devastating. However, if it happens to me again I am going to be careful not to overreact.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » April 10th, 2005, 10:42 am

Viv,
I agree with everyone else. Don't beat yourself up, but look at the fact that you stopped after one day of cheating!
Would you have done that before?? OR would you have said (like I often)
did that well I blew it so I might as well just keep eating!
It's a new day and YOU CAN DO IT!!
I also would give that wine and food away to family or friends,why put
temptaion at your fingertips??
Shrink aka Mary
Mrsshrinkinglady

Postby DonicaB » April 10th, 2005, 11:02 am

Viv,

Mary said exactly what I was thinking. Look at how differently you view 1 day of cheating now. You have already taken huge strides in overcoming the urge to cheat.

You didn't exactly fall off the wagon you just let go of the reins (sp?) for a day. Just grab ahold of the reins and hang on. :drive: You are on the road to success!

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Don't chat with the pantry!

Postby LilMsTexas » April 10th, 2005, 11:26 am

Well I want to say something INSPIRING and UPLIFTING but everybody beat me to it dangit! But I'll attempt just one more thing........as "overweight" people we are often characterized as being "emotional eaters" and eating to "comfort" ourselves...the cliche's just go on and on.....And honestly I am one of those people, only I eat for EVERY emotion. So...........the biggest lesson I've taught myself, or at least I am TEACHING myself is that
food is NOT hugging me!!
Food is not laughing with me, or crying with me, or offering any sage advice. Food is like a loser friend who's worthless :| So now we all have REAL friends to turn to in times of crisis, stress, sadness, loneliness, happiness, celebration and SUCCESS!! Isn't it awesome that you felt COMPELLED to come here and share with your FRIENDS??? I don't imagine you went and had a long heart to heart chat with the canned goods in your pantry :shock: So today is a success!! You came for comfort and accountability to REAL PEOPLE and not a single one of us will put a single pound on your hips :D So you had a moment of weakness..........ooooooooooooooh well. It's OVER! If we were all perfect and had no eating problems we wouldn't be DOING this 8)

Now don't ever do it again ;)

HAVE A FANTABULOUS WEEK EVERYONE!!
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby scrabbler7 » April 10th, 2005, 11:28 am

Viv - it was but a momentary laspe of sanity. You got hold of yourself and merely made it a sidestep, not a complete turn around.

You should give yourself a big pat on the back for recognizing and catching yourself before you were back to the evil foodie ways.

Stay Strong!
scrabbler7
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » April 10th, 2005, 12:44 pm

Hey Christi, that was a great post!

Hang in there, Viv. It's not the end of the world. You've done well, and this lapse isn't going to blow it for you. Just pick yourself up and keep moving forward.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold

Postby doglover » April 10th, 2005, 1:15 pm

Hey Viv. I agree w/ everyone else. Sometimes the best lessons come when we fail and learn from those failures. Christi had an excellent post. Take it to heart. Print it and put it on the fridge - the minute AFTER you get rid of all that temptation in there!

Hang in there - we're all rooting for you!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby dlr2424 » April 10th, 2005, 7:14 pm

Viv...Ditto...Ditto..Ditto...to what everyone said...Take Cristi's message to heart... :heart: ...post it where it can be seen...and I wanted to share a verse from a book I'm reading....it made me stop & think.... :hmmm:

Food is wonderful!
In fact, food is my best friend,
but lately I'm aware that
my friend is hurting me,
making me uncomfortable,
sabotaging my goals,
causing me grief and guilt,
possibly destroying my life.
Today I made a decision------
it's time to get a new friend.

-----Linda Spangle

When I read this I thought of so many of us that have turned to food to get our comfort...feeling that food was our best friend.... :hug: .....when in actuality if abused can be our worst enemy.... :twisted:.....
God Bless us All
Donna..dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nancy » April 12th, 2005, 11:02 pm

Sunny v ~

Just checking in to see how you are doing tonight.

I admire you so very much for your reportage.

Many of us avoid checking in when we make detours.
You did the right thing by coming to the Safe House.

Just consider it a day when you ran out of fuel and now that your emo tank is refilled by all the kind-hearted MakeMeThinner Friends, you are ready to knock off the next decade of flabber. :drive:

:yippee: We are stoked about your 31 pound loss! :yippee:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby TamiL » April 13th, 2005, 3:28 am

When you fall down....get up, dust off, and try again.
Donna and Christi...your posts are so true...if we think of food as comfort, we are so wrong!! Food is what makes us give up hope when we eat what is not on the plan...or that makes our faces puffy in the morning and our ankles swell up!!!

Dont ever give up on this....if you cheat...just know...YOU are the only person you are cheating....yourself out of being the best you can be!

Tami ;)
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Return to The Weight Room