I've fallen and I can't get up!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

I've fallen and I can't get up!

Postby msarli » December 17th, 2003, 6:38 pm

Hi, everyone.

I'm on the modified plan since the end of October. A couple of weeks ago I got a salad from Red Lobster with some baby shrimps on it and I totally forgot about those BISCUITS they give you with everything.... I ate one. I thought about the fact that I had just threw myself out of ketosis and I reasoned, "since I just ruined the work I've been doing, why not eat another and start over tomorrow". I ate 3 biscuits that day and since then my brain is on permanent "I'll just start over tomorrow" mode. I ate 2 biggie fries from wendy's at once (got so sick!) But it didn't motivate me to get back on the road. Since then I can go a good 2 days and then I crack again. I'm sure I haven't gone back into ketosis yet. Can someone telll me how bad this is and how I'm ruining my metabolism or gall bladder or something? I'm afraid I will jump off the plan almost completely if I can't get this under control! The worst time of day is 1pm and then all reasoning ability goes out the door! Help, help help!! Please?
msarli

Postby Jeanette » December 18th, 2003, 10:21 am

First of all, take a deep breath...

Now, as the saying goes: "You didn't get to where you are because you ate 10 donuts ONE TIME..." Nope, for me it was eating donuts (and other stuff) day in and day out.

I can't say for sure, but I bet had you stopped at one biscuit, you would be much better off than you are now. The "oh well, I'll start over" mentality is what gets our weight back to where we started.

Eating one biscuit did NOT totally ruin your program. It is eating the second and third ones, which led to the non-stop food a thon. There will always be cheddar bay biscuits at Red Lobster. And you CAN have them..just not right now. Wait until your weight and your eating habits are under control, THEN treat yourself.

Now, stop beating yourself up. Forgive yourself, and go on.

You can do it! If I can do it, anyone can!

Good luck!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Guest » December 19th, 2003, 11:08 am

I had 2 soft tacos and a ceasar salad last night, plus 2 chicken from Long John Silvers. But, I got up today and I'm more determined than ever to see this plan through.

This is the beginning of my 3rd day (minus my "cheat" last night). I really am hoping to to muster the strength to get through it. I've been using Ketosis strips several times a day. I was actually in the dark Ketone range last night, but immediately after the meal the strip turned grey. This morning I tested again before my first drink and YES, light pink. Hopefully I will recover in a couple days from the hunger and really get my mind off of food.

:)

Return to The Weight Room