Am I exercising too much?

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Am I exercising too much?

Postby stargazer6200 » August 2nd, 2005, 6:01 am

Help... I've been on medifast for 3 weeks and I'm down 16 pounds - I started my period on Sunday and now I'm up 2 pounds!!! I also try to walk an hour every day... this is not a brisk walk but moderate. I also walk to work...

Is this period weight gain or is my body rebeling :(

Help
stargazer6200

Postby aphrael » August 2nd, 2005, 8:01 am

stargazer,

It is probably just because of your period that you had a gain. Avoid the scale for the rest of the week, just keep up your Medifast, add a couple more glasses of water. You will probably see a bigger drop next week.

Don't give up!
Aphrael

Due Nov. 16th
aphrael
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Jan » August 2nd, 2005, 8:27 am

Hi Stargazer,
I too think that "hormona" got you. :x We do tend to retain some water at that time. Your walking should not be hurting you at this point -- especially since you have been walking all along. Keep up the good work. Sixteen pounds is a great loss. Also sometimes things slow down a bit at week 3 -- just your body readjusting. You'll do fine and soon the old scale will be moving in the right direction again. I too would stay off it and be really compliant for a week or two. :D :D
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby dlr2424 » August 3rd, 2005, 9:45 am

Patience is a Virtue............... :aarggh: ............sometimes it's hard to be patient....... :roll: ......but as long as your compliant ...........no need to worry..........the flab will fly..... :whoohoo: ........
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to The Weight Room