Mr. Eko -- LOST Spoiler?

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Mr. Eko -- LOST Spoiler?

Postby VictoriousNat » November 2nd, 2006, 8:44 am

Hey all,

Did you watch last night! What the!? Is Mr. Eko really dead????!!! :shock: :shock:
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
Waiting for Doctor's clearance to restart MF.
VictoriousNat
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby GucciGoo » November 2nd, 2006, 9:51 am

I missed it! What happened?
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby VictoriousNat » November 2nd, 2006, 11:13 am

Oh i don't wnt to spoil it, but they killed Mr. Eko. Everyone who gets in trouble with the Hawaii police gets killed off. First Ana Lucia and Libby and now Mr. Eko. I though Eko would be around for awhile - his death makes zero sense. That black smoke demon creature thing killed him.
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
VictoriousNat

Postby DogMa » November 2nd, 2006, 11:39 am

Interesting, though, that he saw the black smoke stuff but Locke saw a beautiful light. Nice to finally know what he saw way back when, too.

I was trying to remember when else we've seen the black smoke.

And he certainly does appear to be dead. But that doesn't mean we won't see him again. This is "Lost," right?

I love that they're showing some of the other Lostaways, though. And all the snarky comments they make about never being included. Hee.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby VictoriousNat » November 2nd, 2006, 12:00 pm

True, Robin. There was the white light from Locke's vision and indeed its LOST so ya never know!

I was laughing at those two formerly excluded newbies! :lol:

The black smoke tried to drag Locke down a hole in season 1 I think. So Locke knows the smoke quite well. Kate and Jack saw smokey as we call him when trying to help Locke.

I am curious the first time Eko stared down Smokey, he recited the 23rd Psalm and Smokey vanished. But this time Eko started the Psalm and Smokey was like "yeah yeah whatever!" SNATCH! :lol:

I was just on a website and they were complaining about Eko and his incomplete church...I was explaining about the bible and King David not being allowed to build the sanctuary because his hands were too "bloody" so God let Solomon build the temple instead. So poor Mr. Eko...didn't have a chance.
Nat
Start 8/24/06
VictoriousNat

Postby Prancer » November 2nd, 2006, 12:14 pm

Nat you rock :D

The smoke thing bugs me. The bears are believable...experiment yadda yadda. The others....now we have more of a reason for who they are. But the smoke? Smoke that grabs people. A bit too sci fi for me.
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby VictoriousNat » November 2nd, 2006, 12:26 pm

I just love this show....even when they make no sense. :D :D I wanna be on the writing team! :-P

On another note, I heard a rumor that the actor playing Eko wanted out. I really doubt it but ya never know. The man is British and a trained actor...maybe he wants to play....OTHELLO (said with a booming voice)! :lol: :lol:
Nat
Start 8/24/06
VictoriousNat

Postby DogMa » November 2nd, 2006, 1:11 pm

I'm actually a little glad he's gone. He used to be in "Oz," playing a very, VERY horrible person. So the actor always makes me nervous.

I think the black smoke left him alone the first time because it saw Locke and the others coming. It needed him to be alone.

Did anyone read that Michael Crichton book "Prey"? The smoke reminds me of that, which would give it a logical and scientific explanation.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby GucciGoo » November 2nd, 2006, 1:48 pm

abc dot com now airs the last four episodes of it's shows on it's website. I'll have to watch it tonight!
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby VictoriousNat » November 2nd, 2006, 1:55 pm

XMAS120 wrote:abc dot com now airs the last four episodes of it's shows on it's website. I'll have to watch it tonight!

yes, you must watch! :)

Another good point, Robin - about smoke wanting to be alone - if you follow the confession theme...who follows you into that box with the priest??LOL - I am not Catholic like Eko but I imagine its private. And so is Smokey.

OZ frightened me - never watched a full episode...I was too scared. Was he the muslim guy with a hat/skullcap?
Nat
Start 8/24/06
VictoriousNat

Postby DogMa » November 2nd, 2006, 3:53 pm

Gosh, no. He was Adebisi, who basically raped and murdered everyone he came into contact with. Including half the guys in the prison. Bad, bad man. Eventually got killed off. He was seriously scary.

I'm sad, though. Only one more new show before they go into repeats till after the holidays. (On the other hand, that "Daybreak" show looks like it might be interesting.)
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby VictoriousNat » November 4th, 2006, 5:31 pm

I am watching episode again. Juliet is giving me the creeps.
Nat
Start 8/24/06
VictoriousNat

Return to What's Shakin'