eddieHoustonTX

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby fatBgone » May 9th, 2005, 10:11 pm

Hi Eddie,
Sounds like you had a great first day!! I'm in Texas too.

I have been doing the 5/1 for about a month and 1/2 and I've actually incorporated going out to eat several times for my meal. We have a Jason's Deli here (don't know if they are in Houston or not) and they have a chicken salad that is really good & huge. I eat 1/2 of it there and take the other 1/2 home for the next day. I've also ate at Applebees and Cheddars and been able to stay on plan.

But my favorite is probably....OMG....at Cheddars, they have a really yummy grilled tilapia plate & instead of the 2 sides I get a side salad. :bib: It comes on a bed of rice, but I just ask them to keep their rice - for fear of temptation. Well, I just thought that since you're in Texas too, that you might have some of the same restaurants in your area to try. I know that cooking for one is sometimes a bigger pain than it's worth.

Keep us posted...you've found a great support forum here...as you have already witnessed!!
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Bonnie » May 10th, 2005, 11:26 am

Hi Eddie, you are doing Great.... : :mrgreen:

You made it through your first day just fine and I am really proud of you. :hi5:

As your health advisor I want to make sure you do everything right....Just to clarify what is allowable in the Salad:
the greens can be 1-2 cups, then you can add up to 1/4 cup raw vegetables:
peppers,onions,cumcumbers,celery,mushrooms,radishes,alfala or gean sprouts,broccoli,carrots, tomatoes, and cabbage
That gives you lots of choices but has to all be stuffed into 1/4cup for these extras.

Keep up the GREAT WORK :thumbup: - you will be thin before you know it.
I lost 50lbs Through Take Shape for Life

Bonnie Wills
Bonnie
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DonicaB » May 10th, 2005, 2:08 pm

Hi Eddie~~ It looks like you are getting lots of wonderful ideas here. I don't really have much to add as far as meal ideas. As a matter of fact, I am reading to see what others wrote so I can steal their ideas. ;) I know I eat a lot of chicken, tuna, and pork. I love it when my husband BBQ's on the grill so I try to have him do that quite often. Grilling is a great way to cook, probably because I don't do it. HA! :bib:

Glad to have you on board.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Day 2.....a piece of cake (but not an eaten piece of cake!)

Postby eddieHoustonTX » May 10th, 2005, 8:16 pm

AHHHH. Thanks for the words of wisdom Bonnie. I am doing great. Today, I did just about the same routine during the day. My 130 MR was the chicken and wild rice soup which is terrific. It was very filling, and I was surprised that I felt so satisfied after I finished. I am really being religious about the timing and the result so far--no feelings of hunger yet. My dinner was a 7oz foil pack of turkey breast(the shelf stable kind, I got it in the tuna-fish aisle). I mixed that with a chopped up dill pickle and a TBS of Grey Poupon :yes: I then found myself sitting in front of the computer thinking about eating, but not being hungry. So I made a 4 cup pot of GEVALIA Pecan Torte Caffe and am having a cup with a packet of Splenda! What's even better, I just e-mailed my ppics to Tim. So they should be on the web soon.

I really would like to thank every one that had posted and offered words of encouragement and advice. This is a nice place to be! Thanks By the way, how do I insert thaose cool trackers? As you can see, I tried, but failed. OK NITEY NITE
Edward Flinn
Houston, Texas USA
[/url]
eddieHoustonTX
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby fatBgone » May 10th, 2005, 8:42 pm

Hi Eddie,
To get that "cool tracker" you have to cut/paste it into your signature, which is in your "Profile". Then it will just show up automatically with every post. You had the right idea though!! They are neat, uh??
Lisa
fatBgone

Postby 24KaratGold » May 10th, 2005, 9:40 pm

Hey Eddie, welcome and good luck!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Nancy » May 10th, 2005, 11:38 pm

Eddie ~

You are going to be a great big loser because you are doing everything Bonnie tells you to do! :mrgreen:

When people eat on time, hunger goes away! Isn't this great stuff?
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Bonnie » May 11th, 2005, 9:28 pm

Eddie.... I am so proud of you....it is nice to have a client that follows the Medifast guidelines. :yippee:

The formula Medifast set up only works if it is followed religiously....... :runner:

It will be exciting for all of us to watch you shrink before our very eyes. :rollrolleyes:

Thanks for posting your pictures under Studio.... We want to see another picture in a month..... :lol:
I lost 50lbs Through Take Shape for Life

Bonnie Wills
Bonnie
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » May 12th, 2005, 7:32 am

Hey Eddie.........I'm not sure if I've made it around to saying welcome to you yet. It's been a mad crazy time at work here lately and I've been doing more quick reading than posting.

I am of course from Texas, but displaced in VA right now with my husband who is in the Army. We hope to be back in Texas within 2 years! Listening to discussion of Jason's Deli from back home makes me SICK! LAWD I love that place!! But probally best for me right now that I don't have one because what I LOVE in there is NOT on plan :shock:

At any rate...it's great to have another fella on board and I'll be looking forward to all your success. Of course we will also be here for the hard times and that's what's so truly wonderful about this forum. More and more Texans are coming on board here lately and I LOVE THAT!

Hey Donica...I hear you mention bbq alot. What kind of bbq sauce are you using because I can't seem to find anything that would be compliant...or even CLOSE :?

Welcome Eddie and look forward to getting to know you!
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby DonicaB » May 12th, 2005, 9:48 am

Hi Christi~~Well........to be honest........I use KC Masterpiece..........and I don't think my husband measures out 1 to 2 tsp either. I never really thought about it not being on plan. THANKS Christi :x Now I am going to feel guilty if I continue to eat BBQ. :aarggh:

I do know there is SF BBQ sauce out there somewhere, probably at a health food store. Does anyone else know what we can use for BBQ sauce?

:tears: :tears: I'm gonna miss my KC Masterpiece :tears: :tears: I shoulda kept my big mouth shut.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » May 12th, 2005, 10:34 am

There are many rubs and shake-ons available in the spice section of the grocery store that you can use when preparing chicken, fish and meat for grilling that are totally 'legal' and just remember, it doesn't have to be swimming in sauce to taste good.

It is really interesting to discover how good real food actually tastes – once I started back eating foods after having been on shakes only for months, I was shocked at how good plain old lettuce tasted. I had grown accustomed to drowning salad in blue cheese dressing, smothering potatoes in butter and sour cream, slathering fish with tartar sauce, steak in high-calorie sauce and burgers in cheese, ketchup and mayo – I used so much mayo, it squished out of the bun and dripped onto my chins. I was a commercial in the works for Carl’s Jr.

Food actually has flavor without sauce.

We like Dijon mustard or A-1 Sauce thinned down with a little Worcestershire Sauce on our chicken.

There are many varieties of mustards available – they add flavor and are very low in calories. Lawry’s has a number of 30 minute marinades (we like the Herb and Garlic w/Lemon juice) – about 10 calories/2 grams carbs per tablespoon. It is good on salmon and chicken.

BarBQ is a way to cook not necessarily a sauce.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby LilMsTexas » May 12th, 2005, 4:37 pm

sowwy Donica :cry: But ever since you mentioned bbque I've had my mouth watering for it and thought maybe there was a low carb/low sugar bbq sauce out there somewhere. Nancy is right though.........there are TONS of spices out there and rubs that make things really AWESOME! You and I have to learn to eat without all the sauce :cry: DANGIT :x
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

day four....wiped out!!!

Postby eddieHoustonTX » May 12th, 2005, 8:04 pm

Sorry I missed a day more of less here in the BB room. Well I am doing fine! I have been following a routine that I would like to share. I have the Apple cinn oatmeal in the morning first thing with a hot steamy cup of GEVALIA coffee with a packet of Splenda. Then have a mid morn shake. Then I have a Chicken with Wild Rice Soup or Chili for early afternoon lunch. Then a late afternoon shake and an early evening bar(on the drive home) Then for my lean and green I have had (so far) 2 cups of the pre-packaged salad (either the classic veg mix..with snow peas, radishes a few slices of purple cabbage for color and then finally some shreds of carrot..or the field mix...with leafier greens) 2 cherry tomatos and 2 baby carrots. Then to top the mixture off, I use 2 TBS FF italian. Then my lean has been the foil envelopes of the exactly 7oz Starkist Albacore Tuna or Salmon. I also found this turkey that was shelf stable that I had one night. Anyway, I mix 2 TBS of Grey Poupon and a shake or 2 of Tony Cachere's cajun seasoning, then stir it all up in the bowl. The result is a spicy, tangy taste treat. You should try it!!! I have been having this problem of feeling stuffed!!! YYou realize how much bulk 7 ounces of tuna or salmon is??? It's a lot!

Well, tonight I finally signed up for auto-ship with Bonnie's help(thanks Bonnie! :lol: ) And decided also to order a scale. Funny thing that I got one of those Tony Little's scales from HSN and it measures your body fat content and water content. But when I stood on it tonight, I got one reading that got this morning(more or less the same!) Then 5 minutes later, I got a 5 pound higher reading! I think the scale is faulty. Whatever! That's why I ordered another one from TSFL.

Another funny thing that happened tonight was that after I hung up with my HA, I went to have my lean and green....then I realized..."I'm not hungry!" So I picked up my phone to call Bonnie back to ask her abou that, and I dialed the number. Well before it started to ring I decided against it, so I hung up! Bonnie called me back(thanks caller ID!) to see who was calling her. I told her what my issue was....she advised me that it must be my ketosis kicking in!!!! AHHHHHH finally!!!!!!!!!! :yes:

Any wayz...thanks for all of the replies! BBQ sauce? I prefer the corn on the cob that they seel outside of the Fiesta Grocery Stores here in Houston. The kind that they slather MAYO all over and then you dip then into salt, lime, chili powder and parmesian cheese!!! WHATEVER. Nevermind on that. I'm sold to MF now! Have a great night! :mrgreen:
Edward Flinn
Houston, Texas USA
[/url]
eddieHoustonTX
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby kassilou » May 12th, 2005, 8:30 pm

Walden Farms makes a BBQ sauce. I have a bottle of it, but haven't tried it yet. They also have a bacon dip whichI dip my chicken in. It is pretty good! Legal, too! It was strange that the little grocery store near me had more Walden Farms items than the bigger store. The little one even had boxes of salad dressing packets.
To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.
~Ben Franklin
kassilou
Preferred Member - 80# Club

A question from a Newbie

Postby Wisp » May 13th, 2005, 10:28 am

Hello Everyone and Eddie;

I really enjoy reading all of the helpful hints and also the sharing of each person's history and stories. It really is enjoyable to share this losing of weight with others who understand what it is about!

Eddie - Congrats on doing so well as you are doing. I printed out your typical day of eating/drinking so that I could follow it and then I thought of a question. Do men eat the same amounts and number of calories as the women?
MaryLou

Wisp

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal