Easter

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Easter

Postby lakelandmarilyn » April 8th, 2006, 6:11 am

The up coming holiday and the Eatster Candy in the stores is driving me over the edge! Any good ideas on what I can do about this would be greatly appreciated.
Have a great day everyone!
Marilyn
lakelandmarilyn

Postby Mom23 » April 8th, 2006, 7:10 am

Looking at all of the Easter candy in the store is tough for me since candy was a big downfall of mine -- especially those wonderful little PEEPS!! :mrgreen: I have 3 children, so I'll have to buy some of that wonderful sweet stuff, but I don't plan on buying as much and I won't buy it until the Friday or Saturday before Easter. I plan on filling their baskets more with things that are non-edible. That way, the candy won't be in my house to tempt me for very long.

I have also become a big self-talker -- I am on my way to 'Thinsville" and I know that things like candy got me to this point in my life. I now have to tell myself that I don't want to sabatoge what I've done so far to become thin and that in Nancy's famous words, "NOTHING tastes as good as thin feels!" :cheermed:

edit: Also I stay away from the candy/Easter aisles in the store and if I have to pass by them, I put my pretend blinders on and hum a little ditty as I pass on by... :whistle:
Bobbi
RE-start date: 10/27/06 (33lbs lost; 12 gained=21 lost on MF prior to re-start)
Mom23
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Lizabette » April 8th, 2006, 7:37 am

MARILYN,

Go ahead and have lots of fun with the kids, Easter Bunny, candy eggs and all! :D

And then remind them what EASTER is all about, and think about what HE would want us to do! (Don't mean to be 'preachy'.)

You'll get through this little temptation in a breeze! :cool:

You GO, Girl! :bravo:

Lizabette
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Easter

Postby lakelandmarilyn » April 8th, 2006, 8:26 am

Thanks guys this is good stuff.I am going to repeat .......Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.............nothing tastes as good as thin feels.
Before I started MF I had already started my collection of Easter Candy .I think I need to get it out of the house!
lakelandmarilyn

Postby sheila » April 8th, 2006, 2:59 pm

There are so many things that are going to test our will power, but unlike so many diets Ive been on in the past, this is the 1st time I dont feel alone in it. Having the support that we find here is priceless! I know, the peeps call my name every time I go to the store. :?
sheila
sheila
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby FORMOMMY » April 8th, 2006, 3:17 pm

Lizabette - AMEN!!
Michelle
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Phil 4:13

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » April 8th, 2006, 4:04 pm

Dear LakelandMarilyn ~

Wrap up those kidlet's Easter baskets right away - put scotch tape on them and don'tcha even think of sneaking a peek (or a peep!) at them again. Stash them until Easter morn.

Tell the kids to eat all their candy in one day.

When we were growing up (in the olden days), our parents allowed us to eat it all on the same day - they didn't drag out the candy over a course of days.

Only get and give a few candy items – the kids do not need a lot of candy any more than we do - it gives them a poor concept of holidays and sadly, many children are overweight, too.

I think parents/grandparents can set kids up for acting wild when we buy a basketload of candy. Most of the Easter/holiday candy has a lot of artificial coloring added and that can really affect some people. I get a major headache from most jelly beans - anybody else get headaches from food coloing-overloads, too?

As a former elementary school teacher, I can tell you that many children cannot handle the sugar surge or the food coloring. They become so revved that they have a hard time settling down.

Read the labels on the candy package – eweeeew! Doesn’t sound very appetizing does it? Save your candy expenditures for when you reach your goal weight and spend the calories on something really spectacular! Put a package of Spring Peeps in the freezer and have ‘em when ya reach your goal.

We always gave our daughter special long-lasting gifts at Easter as we celebrate the day for its Christian meaning, too. We gave her a gold cross necklace, a book, a stuffed lamb, a nice music CD and we took her to a musical drama. We always have a special night of decorating and coloring eggs and then we have an egg hunt after church.

Avoid the candy aisle…you can do it!
:mrgreen:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby lakelandmarilyn » April 9th, 2006, 9:44 am

Thankyou Nancy
That was priceless I could cry!In fact I am .Your right ,its so sad that our holidays have turned into how much of some THINGS we can get and we are passing that on to our children.We should step out of that media mold and make the change.Its our job to instill in them whats important about these holidays we celebrate and how we should celebrate them.I was very surprised this morning when I got out of church and the parents in charge of the Easter egg hunt were squabling over how many candy filled eggs to bring and they were wanting hundreds! This is a small church.They asked me how many I would bring I said 20 they asked me nicely if I could bring a hundred.My mouth dropped I couldnt believe what excess that was.
Anyway God Bless everyone here and Thankyou for the support it is priceless.
Marilyn
lakelandmarilyn

Return to Come on in.