Happy Easter

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Happy Easter

Postby lauradr » April 11th, 2006, 2:02 pm

Lets remember that Easter it is a blessed event for only one reason and that has nothing to do with food. Its not an excuse to cheat. Its more of a reason to be what God wants for us! Team Let.s :cleader: BE what God wants us to be
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Arklahoma » April 11th, 2006, 2:07 pm

Amen, Sister!
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby rosewaddles » April 11th, 2006, 2:11 pm

I'll drink to that! (broth, that is!) :D

I just came home from doing a bit of food shopping. I ended up getting a free 10lb ham for being such a good customer. I'm giving it to my MIL and she can cook it for Easter, where my hubby & boys will be.
I'll be staying here, going to my mothers house for a little while since my dad just passed away, so there will be NO temptation for me.
I normally would cook a huge Easter spread, not this year!
Start Date: April 11, 2006
SW: 225 Height: 5'6"

rosewaddles

Postby Pashta » April 11th, 2006, 3:36 pm

Aww, Rose, sorry to hear about your father's passing. :cry:

I wish you the best at this tough time. :hug:
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby lauradr » April 11th, 2006, 3:53 pm

rose, prayer's are with you
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Nancy » April 12th, 2006, 7:28 pm

Rose, I am sorry to hear about your Daddy. Hugs to you... :bighug:

re: Easter

:yes:

BTW, kids do not need to have a 10 pound basket of candy...

Great ideas to tuck in a basket or hide in the family room...

hand decorated hard-boiled eggs that you color together as a family and then pass them out to the neighbors or take them to a care center and visit with shut-ins - be a joy-bringer!

color crayons

colored pencils or craypas - the colors are vibrant and versatile, especially when used wet or dry

a Precious Moments coloring book

a game the family can play together

A VeggieTale cd, DVD or video

a trip to the museum with the family

a chapter book for Daddy or Mom to read at bedtime - a chapter a night

plant spring bulbs for summer blooms

a disposable camera and then go on a spring walk and take pictures of signs of new life with the new camera

Easter does not = candy
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » April 12th, 2006, 10:45 pm

Laura,
I LOVED your post! It puts everything in perspective!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby falisamarie » April 13th, 2006, 5:42 am

I agree totally there is no better way to celebrate Easter than to stay on program and continue to get healthier and happier with ourselves.

Rose- I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your father. My prayers are with you and your family.

I too am staying home on Easter I just don't think I am ready to be around such a spread of food. I will not be getting candy for the kids (which are a little older the youngest being 11 and the oldest 17) but I have to brag on them cause I asked if they wanted a basket and they said no that they did not want to have the candy around me.

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby FORMOMMY » April 13th, 2006, 6:18 am

Laura - Great post! It is Resurrection Sunday - the day our Lord rose from the grave which was the final act which gave a free gift to all mankind for eternal life through Him. Praise God! :angel:

Rose - my heart goes out to you during this difficult time. :hug:

Lisa - you SHOULD brag on your kids - that is an awesome thing for them to say. Their Mama has taught them well :D
Michelle
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Phil 4:13

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Mom23 » April 13th, 2006, 6:48 am

:hugblue: Rose - I am so sorry to hear of your father's passing. My own father passed on my mom's birthday a few years ago, so I know how important it is for you to be with your mom. Please know that you, your mom & family are in my prayers.

As far as Easter goes-- we have decided it best to keep it simple -- to make more of what the holiday truly is -- the resurrection of our Lord :bow:. My children who are 17, 16, and 8 have agreed that candy is not in the best interest of their mom; especially those PEEPS! :heart: (mmmm how I love those PEEPS coated in the yellows, pinks, lavenders, blues, and whatever new color sugar they coat them with!) I really think I could pass on those peeps, but it's best not to put them in my reach. :poke:

Tomorrow night we are going to watch The Passion (but not my 8 year old son since it's probably a bit too much for him). We've had the DVD for over a year, but we haven't been able to watch it since we saw it in the theatre when it first came out.

We will have a little family egg hunt for my son. We use the big plastic eggs and put goodies inside of them. We'll fill them with little cars, stickers, and a few pieces of candy. Hubby said he'll hide the candy from both of us :hide: (my son & me) so that only he can give it to my son at appropriate times.

I guess what it all comes down to is learning to celebrate the special holidays and celebrations for what they are and stop using food as the centerpiece...
Bobbi
RE-start date: 10/27/06 (33lbs lost; 12 gained=21 lost on MF prior to re-start)
Mom23
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby supermom » April 13th, 2006, 9:21 am

God gave His Son, Jesus so that we could all be wahsed by the blood of the lamb and be forgiven for our sins. Is there a better way to show God how truly greatful we are than taking care of our bodies? He created us in His image. We should pay special attention to our bodies and take care of them. Food is great. But, it isn't everything. Stay strong, medifasters. Keep telling yourself that you are trying to stick to your will and take care of the body God gave you on this very special day we call Easter. The day that signifies the resurrection of Jesus Christ, the only begotten son of God. Jesus Christ who died for you and for me so that we could have life ever lasting. :mrgreen:
supermom
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Thank you for a wonderful post!

Postby electra000 » April 13th, 2006, 10:00 am

Super Mom Thank You for such a wonderful post. It was beautiful and very touching ! Happy Easter ! ;)
electra000
Preferred member

Postby Arklahoma » April 13th, 2006, 11:12 pm

falisamarie ... Your kids sound awesome. Evidently they love you so much that they are willing to put they yummy stuff on the backburner. Just think of they lesson they're learning.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Come on in.