DutchChoc, Redo

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby nickieluv » December 11th, 2008, 9:03 am

The WiiFit sounds neat, but I can't see buying a whole gaming system for just one thing. Although if anyone would actually give me retail for all the exercise DVDs I have sitting around, I could probably pay for it and then some!
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby DutchChoc » December 11th, 2008, 6:31 pm

Smarti - have been thinking about you, yes, here I am, actually doing something finally! Not just talk, not just driveling about how hard it is, etc, but doing "OK" at it. How is your knee and are you still able to exercise like you want?

Yes, really like my machine, a Nautilus NE2000 from amazon.com. My son and I exercise every evening together - he's 12. It's a good activity for us to share. I wish I'd gotten it earlier because it's actually a very good use of money, compared with some of my other choices this year like fencing and a big chicken coop (and the birds to go with it).

He does have a Wii - still not sure I'd like the Wii fit or whatever program on it, though, would enjoy watching FitTV much more I think, but glad you like it. I know pretty much nothing about how they make it marketable for a game system, but must be pretty good.

Hi, nickieluv - will check your thread. Hope you're having a good day.
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby DutchChoc » December 12th, 2008, 4:28 pm

I took a big weight dive to 156.5 for this morning. Did NOT get back on the scale to see if it was true - ha! :D I guess I wanted to savor the idea, which seems unlikely as that's a 3-pound drop from yesterday.

So, I'll keep pretending it's real and if I do that, I can still see a way to make it to 150 by Christmas. However, that's quite aggressive and might be undue pressure on me. I think exercising is helping a lot.

For lack of a different strategy for success, I'm going to hope to have the strength to continue the same behaviors i have going.
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby nickieluv » December 12th, 2008, 5:54 pm

There's no reason why that couldn't be true! (losing 3 pounds overnight, I mean) I had to laugh, though, at the not weighing again thing - when I wish my weight were lower, I'll weigh two or three times, and then come back in an hour and weigh again, just hoping. But when I see a good one, I take it as gospel and walk away. So you're not alone! :lol:
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby DutchChoc » December 13th, 2008, 5:47 am

Yes, in Maisy's journal, she mentions the weight loss fairy and I do believe there is such a thing. I did have the nerve to check today, and it was 157, so if I want to push myself, I could try 6/0 today, but not that sure it's worth it to get stressed out. I always said I'd do just shakes today, but "not that sure" - could that be a bad sign? Think I'd better have that first shake now.
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » December 13th, 2008, 6:35 am

I'm a little behind, but re: Wii Fit. I just got the My Fitness Coach "game" I ordered, even though my Wii isn't here yet. I figure a Wii and Wii Fit is way cheaper than my treadmill, though, and THAT only serves one purpose, too. Although I'm sure once I actually HAVE the Wii, I'll play some games on it, too.

I'm still a little concerned that it won't be challenging enough, though. Except for the free run part. But the Fitness Coach thing is supposed to be harder.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby DutchChoc » December 13th, 2008, 6:47 am

I'd like to know what you really thing about the Fitness Coach program vs the Wii Fit when you get the Wii, Robin. My son has a Wii and only about one game for it - somehow just hasn't been as easy to use as the playstation or nintendo - that sensor part for the tv in my mind has been a problem. If it's good, though, could still be a part of our fitness program together if we could move it to our bigger exercising room.
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby SuzyQ66 » December 13th, 2008, 5:28 pm

Wow Dutch...you are doing great. I hope you make it to your 150 pound goal by Christmas.

Are you enjoying your Nautilus? I have a Norditrack CX 1055 Eliptical....it's difficult for me to do on MF because it takes too much out of me. When I used it I end up having dizzy spells afterwards. Walking is the best for me when I am on MF. However, I could always try to reduce the intensity when I work out on the eliptical.
Sue
SuzyQ66
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby DutchChoc » December 13th, 2008, 5:39 pm

Hi, Suzy. Yes, I do like my Nautilus but it's harder than I remember from being "in shape" at other times - 'course, I'm also older by a few years. Maybe I'll get back into it more, but used to be easy for me to do 45-60 min at the gym, level 6 or even level 9, and now I'm very tired doing 30 min at level 3 or 4 on this one. As an example, I still haven't got myself going for today - like you say, it does take a lot out of us on a few cals.

You're doing great - 24 pounds! Nice and steady, too. Are you doing 5 &1?

I was not able to talk myself into 6 & 0 today - that's a hard talk for me to have lately. I do seem to be relying upon the things I can eat in moderation to keep going. Maybe I'm sliding towards some kind of eating attack - which i hope NOT!
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby SuzyQ66 » December 13th, 2008, 5:45 pm

Thanks Dutch...and yes I am doing the 5:1. I give you a lot of credit for doing 6-0. I did that years and years ago when MF first came out and you had to be under doctor's supervision and buy it directly from the doctor. They only had shakes back then. To tell you the truth....the results doing 5:1 compared to 6-0 are the same. I lost weight doing 5-1 back in '07 and this time around...at about the same rate I did the 6-0.

When I get the urge to eat....and most of the time it's not because I am hungry....I chew gum. It comes in handy. I have gum in my car, in my desk at work and at home...and in my purse.
Sue
SuzyQ66
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby DutchChoc » December 14th, 2008, 6:13 am

Suzy, thanks for the reply. I agree with the logic of the comparable successes: I found that doing 100+ days of just shakes in 2004 "worked", but I'd say was a bit too intense psychologically because for me, at least, it promoted the perception that I was about a day from dying of starvation and that wasn't fun at the end.

So, I have to say that once again I have permutated off plan yesterday to the extent that if I want to be honest here, I have to say I was back at 161.5 this morning. Not sure what I did justifies the punishment, but that is the true effect. I hope it's out of my system and I can go back to doing what's right rather than what's wrong.

Should I speak to that? Do not want anyone to think I condone this kind of thing or even promote any "goodies" which can help you gain 5 pounds in a day, but it went something like this:

Because I'm a vegetarian, I gave into some fat-free refried beans for my protein, like 1/2 cup, only I had them a couple of times a day for a day or so. Then yesterday, I started out doing that - one shake early followed by the refried beans at 10:30 and salad and refried beans again about 2:30. Then at "dinner", who knew one should eat again, I heated up the half vegetarian pizza (9") from the restaurant that I'd brought home and the rest of the onion rings. And all of that, plus copious liquids, has put me here, where I deserve to be, frankly.

I thought I'd ponder something else about myself here, which is why it would seem, for anyone, beneficial enough to make a fairly dramatic weight loss and then not to care to hold onto it. That is my MO. It's as if I usually only care to show that I can do it, and then I don't care about maintaining it. It seems grossly reckless to have that attitude.

So, here I am at a decision point of making the tough choice to do a good day and see if that 'helps". YES, indeed, I have to put that in quotes as I'm not sure what kind of "help" I truly seek in all this. :roll:
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby smartipantz » December 14th, 2008, 9:57 am

Hiya Dutch,

Food is a problem for all of us. And the program is easier for some than others. I guess its just a conscious decision as to what we want more (and of course, how bad we give into food triggers).

I certainly cannot do the 6/0 program. I need FOOD! I look forward to my L&G... for one thing, I can eat it with my family and the other is it makes me feel fuller. It's my treat for the day.

I love my WII fit. It is a great workout. I never thought doing yoga on a balance board would be challenging but it is. It's not about doing the different poses, but it requires you to put pressure on the board and keep it within the target area to ensure you are doing the pose in the most effective manner. As Robin said, I'm not fond of the "running in place" program - it's kinda hookie but the strength training, yoga and balance games are wonderful. I belong to another group that many of them are doing the WII Fit and loving, loving, loving it. I'm looking forward to hearing Robin's evaluation of her system. Maybe I'll get that too.

I wish I had room for a treadmill in my home. I'd use it all the time. But for now, I got to the fitness center to use them and the weight machines.

Hugs!

Keri
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DutchChoc » December 14th, 2008, 10:15 am

Thanks for stopping by to comment, Smarti. You're speaking from a pretty wise place where the food delusion isn't hanging out. Thanks for your ideas on the Wii Fit.

So it's noon and I'm still together, I guess. I will soon go do my workout - should be doing it now according to my plans. I already had my L&G for today - like you said to Nickie, maybe 2 L&Gs would be handy for me as well, and so I'll keep that in mind for the end of the day. I'm not feeling prone, today, to any big foul-up, though I do think that doing the L&G this early makes it less appealing to finish the day with shakes. I'm back into feeling "is this all?" about shakes lately, but they do work and that's the point.

I AM wishing to recover the weight loss I forfeited yesterday, which will take a better kind of day.
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby smartipantz » December 14th, 2008, 10:28 am

I hope I didn't sound high and almighty. I know that I'm a pretty determined person when I put my mind to it. I restarted fifty bazillion times before I got it right. I know how easy it is to fall off the wagon... especially when I got home from work. Right now, I'm finding the program easy, but it wasn't ALWAYS easy whatsoever!! I just had to have a serious talk with my subconscious and figure out what I wanted more.

You really are doing great hun! Like I said, if we need to cheat, at least cheat with something that's on program... probably a whole lot better for our bodies and less calories.

Hugs!

Keri
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DutchChoc » December 14th, 2008, 11:13 am

Yes, indeed. I am only so sorry a sport as I tell myself I am, lol. And sometimes that is eerily sorry.

I think I will track what I'm doing in my exercise program here and see how it correlates or not to my bad thinking:
so I just did 35 min, 2.7 "miles", 270 calories on my crosstraining machine. I'm pretty sure that ate up my whole L&G from earlier and before that, I'd just had one shake, so I think I'd better have another asap BEFORE I get hungry because after that, it's too desperate.

OrigAUgirl, I think it is about the flavors as I do extra red pepper on the pizza and hot sauce on the beans, etc. I would have done salt too but I knew what that would do - make it 10 pounds, lol. If I would drink lots of water today, I might be able to get rid of that extra salt/blech faster - maybe I'll try it!

I'll be glad to hear how it works for you with your elliptical after you "heel" enough to get back on it, ha! I do think we hardly eat enough on plan to sustain the workouts, but those BL folks must also work at quite a caloric deficit also and that must be how they achieve it - work out over and above the intake, by lots!

So, thanks for having faith in me. Like Betty Boop but in a different way, I'm not bad, I'm just made that way, i.e. to be a foodie though, not a hottie.
DutchChoc
Preferred member

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal