DutchChoc, Redo

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby nickieluv » December 1st, 2008, 9:55 pm

I really want to only do MF meals, too, no L&G - but I don't feel like going to my doctor and explaining it all over again. I was thinking of modifying just a bit and doing no 'food' during the week and then having a L&G on weekends. And maybe during the week having 7 MF meals a day since I won't be eating a L&G. But whenever I think about doing it this way, I feel guilty. My point is, I'm not one to talk, but I think if it worked for you before then you should try the same thing again. We do need to learn new habits and ways of eating, but we can figure that out more and more when we're at goal. For me, if I keep agonizing about the details I will never even start. So keep it up, and I hope you have a great day 2 tomorrow!
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby DutchChoc » December 2nd, 2008, 6:36 pm

Yes, indeed, still hanging after day #2 with no problems, nickieluv. I sigh every now and then just thinking about it, lol. Food is never far off the plate, if you know what I mean.

Guilty, you mean, for modifying the "rules", I guess? I think I understand - I think it's thinking I blew the "rules" that makes eating the L&G difficult, because usually I either believe I blew the rules or I really DO do it because I want-what-I-want, of course, the same plan of attack that lands me in this spot.

I know I probably should work at an L&G on some kind of guaranteed basis - like, no doubt there's nothing hanging out past the limited amount, etc, to put me in the broken-rules category. Maybe on a weekend, like you say, but it's such a slippery slope for me that I'd probably think I'm doomed to crash if I even attempt it.

Not many people would want to do the shakes only, I thought? But I think the real rule on that is still 5 or 6 per day - I don't remember which. I actually broke the rules by having fewer shakes than that each day so far, but that kind of breaking the rules, while positioning me for failure by leaving me too hungry, some would say, doesn't cause the cheating the way the real eating does.

So, yeah, I'm going to keep going if possible at least until I get some good out of wanting to and trying to look better, if only for a very short span of time Christmas week. Very weird, please forgive my lunacy.

Thanks for your thoughts. Would like to keep in touch helping each other if we can.
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby nickieluv » December 2nd, 2008, 9:42 pm

I'm thinking you are quite wise to avoid food. I'd had 5 supplements already today and I was only a little hungry, but I had a L&G and once the food was in my mouth I didn't want to stop eating - and I didn't. Before I ate - mildly hungry. After I ate - stark raving mad. Going after everything. So tomorrow it is no food for me. I'll try to eat every so often just to keep my digestive system working (I hear transition is really awkward if you don't eat any real food for months) but I think I should avoid it for a few days. Which was my plan in the first place, but I didn't realize what would happen to my brain once I ate.

I'm so glad you had a successful day. I plan to join you tomorrow. :mrgreen:
nickieluv

Postby smartipantz » December 2nd, 2008, 11:29 pm

Hiya Dutch!

Thanks for the post. Sounds like you are thinking about doing just the shakes.. I do love the shakes but you need to make sure you have all 6 in during the day or you will be putting yourself into starvation mode. Think about it.... 5 shakes equates to 450 calories!! That is not enough. Really 6 shakes isn't enough calories either unless a doctor has given you his/her blessing. I'm really afraid the weight loss will be too slow for you and you'll give up.

It takes discipline, especially for the first couple weeks - then it gets much easier. You know this... you've been there before :)

Hope all is well for you and tomorrow, Day #3, is that much closer to goal :)

Hang in there... no cheats... drink your water .... and eat all your food Missy :)

Keri
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DutchChoc » December 3rd, 2008, 7:11 pm

Thanks for the greetings. They give me strength! Most of today was ok but the euphoria is wearing thin and at a faster pace than I am, I'm afraid. I'm still happy with the scale. That's a plus so I will keep going despite keeping on sighing a lot over my predicament with less-than-a-hoard-of-food.

Yes, I do know how trepedatious it is this way - did not remember that it was 6 supplements, so thanks for that. There was no transition for me last time, I'm afraid. I had no problem other than gaining 20 pounds in three weeks - phooey. Naturally, that was a problem because that's a couple of months' effort out the window, but it was nice seeing myself thin again, if only a little while.

So nickieluv, we have that one difficulty "eating" in common. (Smarti, you seem better off than this). It might work to do this, but I think we both know the problem isnt likely going away because as soon as we EAT, something very bad is likely to happen, lol. Or NOT lol. Somehow, we must learn to eat with restraint when restraint is called for.

This reminds me of what I was thinking to say yesterday - I think it's almost to no avail "worrying" about satisfying hunger because essentially it might take way too much to get the feeling that it's been satisfied, right? Most of my trouble occurs when I start fretting over not being satisfied with what I've constrained myself to - heck, I might as well stop trying to make a dollop of food do that and just get over it that one can't always afford to feel full, in the big cosmic dieting sense.
So that's what's up for me today.
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby nickieluv » December 4th, 2008, 8:00 am

Yes, we are supposed to 'fill ourselves' with things other than food. And when that happens, then you can be satisfied with just a little taste of things because they are just food, after all, and not the solution to all our problems. I totally use food like a drug. And I guess the L&G at the moment is like my gateway drug to the harder stuff. We'll figure it out, right? Here we go!
nickieluv

Postby DutchChoc » December 7th, 2008, 10:00 am

"Sure"! Other stuff - how hard is that, hehe? Well, I'm trying.

I want to be honest here so vice being ms perfect, I will admit what I do wrong rather than always be an MF cheerleader about 100% compliance if it isn't happening for me.

So - this is my story of late. I did Mon-most of Friday to a 'T' and Friday, after work, my son and DBF picked me up from the commuter bus and my son wanted to go out to eat. Well, I had been feeling pretty woosy the day or so before that and I "decided" I would eat, that I would LIKE TO eat. We were going to an Italian deli. I first "decided" I would get a Greek salad - then I "decided" it was too cold out and that wouldn't be comforting, so I got the mini vegetarian pizza and ate half, plus about 4 unmentionable onion rings.

Of course, I worried that I would be off plan and into the rough after that, but I wasn't and haven't been, at all. What happened to my weight was: 160 Friday morning before the eating; 161 Saturday morning after the eating; 161 this morning - no reprieve yet from the eating, I guess, but I'm doing 100% shakes again - have been ever since the eating.

Don't know yet whether I will eat something on every 5th day like this again. I might not be so lucky the next time. After I ordered the pizza, I saw a woman eating the salad and it didn't look bad, at all, thought maybe I should have gotten the salad, but being a vegetarian, I don't think they would have had any protein for it, save the cheese on the salad. At least I could have been more Medifastingly-correct with the salad, but I really don't have any huge regrets as long as I haven't gone crazy yet, and don't feel prone to it right now, at least.

My Nautilus NE2000 came Friday, which is a crosstrainer, fantastic! So now I have a way of working out at home and it's just as good as the ones I used at the gym in the past.

That's it for now. Good luck everyone. Why can't I have an easier problem to solve than overweight? :twisted:
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby DutchChoc » December 8th, 2008, 6:31 pm

Doing OK here, not that many ponderings in my little head tonight, fortunately. Still doing OK though this is TOM and my weight has not improved one iota despite trying a whole lot harder to lose weight. Can I outlast my own resilience to fail to progress? Stay tuned. I have two weeks left before I go on the road for the holidays. I doubt two weeks' efforts is ever recognizable, so that means I'm in a world of hurt regarding looking smooth(er) and svelte(r). My new best guess is that I turn out not less than 155, if I'm even that lucky.

As stated, maybe that's not the biggest deal and I will have to be happy with moving towards 150 and the other clothes I have hanging in the closet. I decided, first time ever, that this time I should definitely throw out what I don't like when it gets too big rather than just put it aside for weight gain time. I'm so sick of the clothes that fit now that there's really little point in recycling through them another time just to save a little money.

Did do a positive thing and order some things online from Kohls with some hope that they will fit - size 10 and I'm wearing 12s. I will wear them somehow and look better than they'd look today. "Nough Said!
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby nickieluv » December 9th, 2008, 4:33 pm

It's true that male or female we all have issues from time to time that make us hold on to the weight. When you're eating between 500 and 1000 calories a day you cannot help but see losses eventually. And doing only shakes, Dutch, you're on the low end there so it will happen for you.

You might want to think about adding in a L&G two or three times a week, when it's convenient and safe for you to do so (without feeling like you're going to lose control). That can keep your body guessing a little as to the calories you're getting and might be enough to keep things moving along.

At least we'll all be smaller by Christmas than we are today, even if we're not exactly racing to goal. Imagine Valentine's Day as skinnier people! :shock: :lol:
nickieluv

Postby DutchChoc » December 9th, 2008, 5:52 pm

Well, thanks for stopping by, ladies! I'm still in the game and I hope it's true about succeeding at dropping more weight. Hard to want it badly enough at hungry times,, but that's the rub - seems it's necessary to tough it out or take a couple of years letting the weight sneak off without ever noticing being hungry. Ever had that happen? :x

I seem to have taken a turn for the better in terms of eating with some kind of control; I don't know what the perfectionist would think of it, but I had a Subway salad w/veggie patty today and a very small amount of chilpotle dressing - seems pretty reasonable to me and though it was $7.04, I really enjoyed every penny. I'm hungry again, though - it was about 2:30pm when I ate it.

Yes, we WILL be smaller by Christmas and otherwise, would likely be bigger and possibly more frantic and sad about it all. I'll go to your threads for reports on how you've been doing....
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby nickieluv » December 9th, 2008, 6:31 pm

I think the Subway salads are an acceptable L&G - probably best to take it home and get your own dressing so you can control that but then that's not always convenient, right? Glad you enjoyed it - and thanks for the idea, maybe when I'm craving takeout I can substitute that.
nickieluv

Postby DogMa » December 10th, 2008, 8:35 am

Dip your fork!! If they don't have an OK dressing for me (or they just don't have one I like), and they also don't have balsamic vinegar (which I'll use by itself cause I love it), then I get normal dressing on the side, and just dip my fork in it before each bite. You use very little, but you also get dressing in every bite.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby nickieluv » December 10th, 2008, 4:51 pm

I don't know. My husband is frustrated, too. He's low-carbing but not seeing much weight loss. I suggested he MF, even if only for a few days or a week, to jump-start himself. But I don't know with Shane - he really can't change anything, unless I guess you tell him to not skip meals and to avoid salt! Drinking more water is always good, too. I suppose I should have put this in YOUR journal, Leigh - hope you find it. :D
nickieluv

Postby DutchChoc » December 10th, 2008, 7:59 pm

Never have a fear here about hijacking. it makes lots of sense to me to let the talk wander wherever it goes and its usually helping everyone.

Well, wasnt Shane the guy who lost 23 pounds in 22 days? :twisted: I guess it will just take him some time to settle into that big feat and continue again. It's phenomenal that he did so great so i hope he can persevere. It's hard sometimes - but no use jumping off this train at this time of year - the water's pretty dangerous out there if you ask me. Which leads me to conclude that we'll be remotivated soon when all the talk and the magazines put out the weight loss headlines for New Year's, etc, and we'll have a good head start - and hopefully will get reinforced.

Thanks for the thoughts on the salad - true, no decent MF dressing. i do have a box of MF Cesar salad mix I've never tried, too. Dipping fork is something I definitely do pretty much always, even when Im eating ridiculously. Salad is almost more fun to eat that way.

I'm doing ok. TOM is gone and have now lost 8 pounds altogether. Have been using my crosstrainer 30 min/day the past several days, too, so "help" is just around the corner if I can keep the pieman and the breadman and the baker away, lol. Take care, everyone.
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby smartipantz » December 11th, 2008, 7:06 am

Hiya Dutch!

Woo hoo 8 pounds! That's awesome. And you are exercising with the cross trainer - that's great. The family got the Wii Fit - it's a hoot and dang you can build up a pretty good sweat!

Looks like everything is going well for you girl! Keep up the good work!

Keri
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz
Preferred Member - #40 Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal