I dont feel so good

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

I dont feel so good

Postby Prancer » September 22nd, 2006, 7:47 am

I dont know what's going on. I have been on MF for 3 months now and havent had any problems at all. The last week or so I have had heartburn on a regular basis. The kind where it feels like my stomach is empty and burning. Then I noticed that I have also been wicked light headed for a couple weeks. I keep checking my BP because I am thinking it is low (I am on two meds) and it has been low for me but not crazy low (117/69). Ok the third thing now is that for the last couple days I have been very naseaous (sp) every time I eat. After I have my shakes I either get heart burn or feel like I am going to throw up.

Is this kind of normal or is there something wrong with me? Oh and dont EVEN think the P word. DH has been Snippy snipped.
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby JeepGirl » September 22nd, 2006, 7:59 am

hmm Sis that isnt good babes!

I admit the first thing I thought of was the P word :-P

I honestly dont know what it could be, i actually dont have heartburn for the first time in my life and I dont know why it would show up while on MF.
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » September 22nd, 2006, 8:11 am

Any changes in your plan in the last week?

Think hard now...:)
Water maybe?
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby 2FeelGood » September 22nd, 2006, 9:03 am

Was your blood pressure medication adjusted after you have been on the diet and lost some weight....may be you need to lower the dosage of the medication now that you lost quite a bit of weight. Check with your doctor. I read somewhere (I think on medifast official website) that the medications might need altering as you loose weight. Check out their FAQ page.

Hope you feel better soon.
-- Momma
31, 5'6".
2FeelGood
Trusted Member

Postby Prancer » September 22nd, 2006, 9:54 am

Aw Tim dont make me think. :lol:

I cut back my water a bit because I was drinking too much. I am now trying to stay at 100 to 120 ounces a day. Yesterday was less then 100 though. I went from having only orange shakes to having choc once in a while. Tues I had a pb bar instead of a smores bar.

I am in a very set groove. I have 4 orange shakes a day and one smores bar a day.

OH and I did have soy crisps 2x in the last week. I havent had them in 2 months.

I plan on going to the dr about my BP but I wanted to wait until October because I have to go for other things then anyway. I am on two meds right now one is 20mg a day and the other is only 5 so I am assuming they will either cut one or ditch the second. I hope ditch the second.

My I have some kind of bug or something.
Prancer

Postby Nancy » September 22nd, 2006, 10:11 am

Hidy Ho, Jenn ~

If you've been on the plan for three months and lost a considerable amount of weight without a review of your medication for BP, that certainly can affect how you feel - I am not a doctor or an RN but you may be overmedicated and that can make a person feel :goofy: wonky for sure.

If you have been exercising, drinking a lotta H2O, sweatin' less body weight and the same amount of medication, you can easily diurese and your electrolytes can be out of whack.

Make an appointment to see your doc right away...have a cup or two of boullion and see if that perks you up a bit.

:puke: Nausea or heartburn at this point in the program is highly unusual unless you are drinking your shakes real fast.

:shock: Yes, you COULD be preggers...
:lol:
See your doc! and let us know what's happenin'
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby DogMa » September 22nd, 2006, 11:20 am

If her husband's been snipped, just what are you implying, Nancy???? :lol:
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Prancer » September 22nd, 2006, 11:28 am

DogMa wrote:If her husband's been snipped, just what are you implying, Nancy???? :lol:

UH, I was thinking that too. I love children and all NONONONO more. So unless DH's snip un snapped we have no worries. I'm not that kind of girl. ;)

I have started walking since the kids went back to school. Normally 2 miles each morning. Yesterday and today I didnt.

I do drink my shakes fast Nancy. I never thought of that. I used to make them with ice and fight with them to get them down. Now I make them with ice water and suck them right down. That could be the cause of the tummy ickies. It never even occured to me. I've gotten to the point now where food just seems like a pain in the butt and takes up my time so I shake and drink just to get it over with.

So the woozies could be BP and I should talk to my dr, I will set up an appt for next week.

Heartburn and upset stomach could be slugging my shakes.

Ok we're getting somewhere now.
Prancer

Postby alpha femme » September 22nd, 2006, 11:38 am

JennP wrote:
DogMa wrote:If her husband's been snipped, just what are you implying, Nancy???? :lol:

UH, I was thinking that too. I love children and all NONONONO more. So unless DH's snip un snapped we have no worries. I'm not that kind of girl.

that's what my aunt ruth said-- 7 months before my cousin victor was born.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Prancer » September 22nd, 2006, 12:12 pm

alpha femme wrote:
JennP wrote:

UH, I was thinking that too. I love children and all NONONONO more. So unless DH's snip un snapped we have no worries. I'm not that kind of girl.

that's what my aunt ruth said-- 7 months before my cousin victor was born.

When I got preg with C&E I went to a moms of multiples group and several there had twins post vasectomies. But it isnt like it has been 20 years and things got all undone but it has been 5years.
Prancer

Postby mellowmom » September 22nd, 2006, 7:54 pm

Hi Jenn,

Definitely make an appt with your Dr. I had very similar reaction at about the 3 month timeframe also. Only my BP dropped to 106/60 and pulse went to 49 at resting. Needed to have my BP meds cut in half, and even after than it took a good month before I started feeling better. In the interim, the doc suggested I cut back on my exercise until I started feeling better.

I feel fine now, but I remember how scared I felt, because I was feeling crappy and also afraid I'd have to give up using Medifast.

Take care and see the doctor.

Carmel
Shaken AND Stirred
3/24/06
5'8" 334/213/165
Re-started 1/7/09
5'8" 325/165
mellowmom
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Nancy » September 23rd, 2006, 2:42 am

I was not implying anything, it is just a possibility.

Sorry, but I did not know about the snippage - I am away from home on some family R & R, reading and replying via my PDA - therefore I have not read all the other juicy tidbits. Most likely it is related to taking a Rx geared for your previous weight, Jenn and now that you are way thinnier, it is just too much for your current weight.

Often high blood pressure is weight and diet-related; there are, however, folks that are predisposed to high blood pressure or high cholesterol and no matter how carefully they toe the line, they just have elevated BP.

Re: heartburn – I have some clients that experience heart burn if they eat the Creamy Chicken soup on a very empty stomach, there’s something in it that gives them heartburn, none of the other flaves do it.

Weird, huh?
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Joelie » September 23rd, 2006, 4:54 am

I agree and I'd be willing to bet that light headedness is due to your BP meds needing to be adjusted. I was on BP meds for several years and only after 1 month of MF and 25 lbs down, my doc totally took me off of mine.
I also felt a bit woozy and unsteady on my feet...kinda wobbly. WHICH in turn, made me some what nauseous.

So hopefully everything you are feeling is your RX's needing to be adjusted or eliminated.
Joelie
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby GucciGoo » September 23rd, 2006, 5:20 am

Even with snippage, there is always a teeny chance one little sperm can get through........
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Prancer » September 23rd, 2006, 6:31 am

BeachBaby wrote:Even with snippage, there is always a teeny chance one little sperm can get through........

Bite your tongue missy.

I was talking to DH about it last night and told him all the talk here scared me. I reminded him that he has started biking again and what if he messed something up. He laughed at me. But I told him the same thing..it only takes one to get thru.

I am going to get in with my dr next week.
Prancer

Next

Return to The Weight Room