DonnaS

1 Thread per registered User.

DonnaS

Postby DonnaS » May 30th, 2007, 7:38 am

I can't wait for my Medifast to arrive but it will probably be next week some time. That's just as well since I will be leaving for Austin tomorrow evening. Going to the ROT Rally will be a whole new experience for me but I'm mainly going for the camping at Bastrop. I will have a lot of obstacles to hurdle this summer while doing Medifast. We have lots of traveling plans but I'm determined to stick with the program and lose the weight. Just wait until next summer!

Having the lap-band surgery was my last ditch effort at losing the weight but my husband was not to keen on the idea of lap-band. He did say that I could do it if it will make me happy. I was a little unsure also but went ahead and had all the tests required before surgery. They called me yesterday to schedule and I told them I was not going to have the surgery at this time. I'm so glad I found the Medifast site and eventually found Make Me Thinner site. After reading all the information I have read on medifast for the past two days I know that it is the answer to my weight problem.

Walked 1 mile at the track this morning. I would have done the usual 2 miles but my back and right hip started bothering me. Once I start losing the weight it will not be a problem, I can't wait!
Last edited by DonnaS on May 30th, 2007, 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
THERE IS NO FAILURE EXCEPT IN NO LONGER TRYING - - ELBERT HUBBARD

SD 06/05/07
240/206.5/135
Restart 2/18/08
DonnaS
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Serendipity » May 30th, 2007, 8:13 am

Good for you, Donna. I'm just sure you won't be sorry you opted out of the surgery. If you stick to Medifast, it works as well and you aren't putting yourself in the way of all the risks associated with lapband surgery. It's always there if you change your mind later but there's no turning back, right?
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Mavesse » May 30th, 2007, 8:18 am

I'm so glad you are able to opt out of the surgery, Donna. I was right where you were: thinking it was time for my last resort, and realizing I would have to spend $ I hoped to spend on a down-payment for a house on surgery. This is completely doable. You are going to be so happy you made this decision!
Mavesse
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » May 30th, 2007, 9:01 am

Hi, Donna ~

Welcome to Take Shape/Medifast! I am THANKFUL you are making such a wise choice to shake those pounds off. I want to encourage you and tell you there are many of us that have lost a lot of weight without surgery and we have kept it off.

If you have an opportunity today, call the Doctor's Support Playback recording at (212) 461-8671
Take Shape offers several weekly support calls and last week I asked Dr. Joe about rate of weight loss for people who had gastric by-pass, different from what you were considering (and it is what I had considered as my last resort until I found out about TSFL).

The recording is available only thru today. The part about WLS is toward the end of the 30 minute call but you may find the other topics helpful as well.

The first few weeks are critical on our program – follow them to a T and you will get into the fat-burning state, lose weight, and feel great. Don’t allow ‘just one little ol’ snack or just one little extra meal or bite of something’ sidetrack you – I have been there…stick to the program as if your life depends on it and you will reach your goal and be so glad you did!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Faith » May 30th, 2007, 7:03 pm

Hi Donna. I'm so glad you joined our little family we have here. I am new also, and believe me, these folks will help to keep you motivated. I can understand how you felt thinking surgery was your last option. I too came to that crossroad. I'm so glad I found Medifast. I was looking for other outs myself, and just felt there had to be a better way than rearranging my insides. Thank God I ran across the Medifast site. Now I'm here and I'm determined this is my last stop and I'm here to stay. Be encouraged Donna.
Faith
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby SuzyQ66 » May 30th, 2007, 7:11 pm

Welcome Donna - we are here for you.
Sue
SuzyQ66
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby MerryMary » May 30th, 2007, 10:11 pm

Welcome, Donna!
You've made such a wise decision to join TSFL and begin your MF journey. You have taken the first step in making yourself healthy and happier! From one Dallasite to another--happy shakin' :cheers:
MARY
Started MF 11/6/06; reached goal 9/27/07.
MerryMary
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby bikipatra » May 31st, 2007, 2:31 am

Hello Donna! Welcome. I am also from Dallas but live in DC now. I was born there and except for college spent my whole life there until 5 years ago! I hope Medifast is all that you need it to be.
Last edited by bikipatra on May 31st, 2007, 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby DonnaS » May 31st, 2007, 7:50 am

I should give some information about myself.

I'm 47 years old and have been married to my high school sweetheart since the age of 18. I have three children (2 girls and a boy) ages 26, 19 and 17. My oldest daughter is married and has a little girl, Hannah. Hannah will be 2 next week. I must say that I never thought that I could love another child as much as I love my own, but she is like my own and the light of my life; she loves her Meme too!

I have two sisters that I am very close to; actually my whole family is very close and we do most all holidays together. We are one of those touchy huggy families. Anyway, both my sisters are thin and have no weight issues, so what happened to me! My mom and I could trade out clothes if she wasn't so short and I hope to get her on this program too someday. My dad.........no weight issues but I sort of get the feeling he is dissapointed in me because of mine. He never says anything and treats me like he always has but I just have this nagging feeling. Could be just my imagination because I'm so sensitive right now about my weight.

About a year ago I had rhinoplasty surgery (nose) due to a birth defect. One of these days I will post my before picture; there is a big difference. The dr. said it might be a two-part surgery and it did turn out that way, so I'm scheduled for another surgery in August for him to finish up. I told him I plan on losing weight by then so I need to get busy. I'm nearly 30 lbs. heavier than I was when I had the surgery. What's wrong with me! You would think that with such a life changing surgery that it would make a difference and I would take better care of myself.

I can hardly wait to get my medifast shakes in; I have finally made up my mind to get this done. Everyone's weight losses are so encouraging to me and looking at the before and after photos REALLY makes me want to get started. I look forward to all the help I can get on this forum and hopefully can encourage others too.
Last edited by DonnaS on June 5th, 2007, 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SD 06/05/07
240/206.5/135
Restart 2/18/08
DonnaS

Postby Mike » May 31st, 2007, 9:40 am

Nancy wrote:If you have an opportunity today, call the Doctor's Support Playback recording at (212) 461-8671
Take Shape offers several weekly support calls and last week I asked Dr. Joe about rate of weight loss for people who had gastric by-pass, different from what you were considering (and it is what I had considered as my last resort until I found out about TSFL).
The recording is available only thru today. The part about WLS is toward the end of the 30 minute call but you may find the other topics helpful as well.

I need to listen too. I had gastric bypass in 2003 and lost 160, then gained 50 back. Lost 75 on Medifast so far, so this is better. Thanks for the tip Nancy... and sorry Donna for taking up the space in your journal.
;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby ChynnaDoll » May 31st, 2007, 1:55 pm

Donna...i think i pushed the wrong button...lol! I'm Chynna here WELCOMING you aboard....so glad you're here with us:+)

Sounds like you are quite ready to start this journey. Good luck to you...YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Chynna
ChynnaDoll
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby DonnaS » May 31st, 2007, 3:50 pm

Hi Chynna! Thanks for the warm welcome and I am soooo glad to be on this forum. I'm anxiously awaiting my shipment of medifast and I believe it will be here by Monday. I'm so ready to start losing this extra person I'm carrying around.

SD 06/05/07
240/206.5/135
Restart 2/18/08
DonnaS

Postby MerryMary » May 31st, 2007, 5:39 pm

DonnaS wrote:I'm so ready to start losing this extra person I'm carrying around.

That's the spirit! You can do it! :yay:
MARY
Started MF 11/6/06; reached goal 9/27/07.
MerryMary

Postby DonnaS » June 2nd, 2007, 8:11 am

I just checked on my shipment of medifast and I believe it will be delivered to my house Monday. (I don't know if UPS works on Saturday or not, it could be delivered today.) Hopefully I will be on my way to being a slimmer me by Tuesday anyway.

It was so hot yesterday here in Austin and I had to walk a lot at this rally I'm at. It is so uncomfortable to be this heavy and walking in the heat. I think that at this point losing just 10 lbs. would make me feel better.

SD 06/05/07
240/206.5/135
Restart 2/18/08
DonnaS

Postby Tawanda » June 2nd, 2007, 8:44 am

Donna, you sound like you have the right mindset to begin (and be successful) with MF.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Next

Return to My Journal