DonicaB

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Serendipity » May 10th, 2007, 7:59 pm

Milk it, doni, milk it! I think breakfast in bed (Medifast oatmeal, of course) is in order!

I'm glad everything went ok for you.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby bikipatra » May 11th, 2007, 2:27 am

I just realized we don't have our fatty tumors in common anymore. I feel so alone! :( But it does sound like yours needed to come out so I forgive you.)
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Just checkin on'ya:+)

Postby ChynnaDoll » May 11th, 2007, 5:30 am

Good morning Doni, i wanted to write to see how you are doing this morning. Hope everything is coming long alright. I am still holding you in my prayers. May the Lord bless you today and everyday.

Listen, no need to bother responding back...you just REST g/f:+))

Love'ya
Chynna~
ChynnaDoll
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby DonicaB » May 11th, 2007, 9:29 am

Hi guys~ Just wanted to pop in and say thank you. I'm a little more sore today than I was yesterday when I got home. I guess the meds they gave me finally wore off and now I have to rely on the prescription stuff.

The made me eat teddy grahams yesterday before I could leave the hospital.....and I gained 3# since yesterday. How can I gain 3# from eating a handful of teddy grahams. Actually I think it must have something to do with all of the IV's. My hands are very swollen today and I can barely get my wedding ring off. Normally it comes off quite easily. Also, my release papers say I can't go back to work for 7 to 10 days. Ha! Ha! is all I can say, cause that ain't gonna happen. I'll be back on Monday. I'm not writing sub notes for 5 more days. I think I can teach easily from my chair just fine.

Jo~ Don't worry....I plan to milk it for everything it's worth. ;) I think poor hubby is already going bonkers. hehe

Biki~ Sorry darlin.......we'll just have to find something else in common. How about being skinny? :yes:

Again, thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. I am reading the forum, but it took me 30 minutes just to type this, so my posts will be limited for another day or so.

Doni
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby bikipatra » May 11th, 2007, 11:09 am

IV's always make me bloat up! They are supposed to hydrate you or add medicine but they always make me gain water. You should be fine in a day or two.
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby GucciGoo » May 11th, 2007, 11:32 am

After I gave birth to my son, I came home and was so bloated frm the IV's that I did not lose anything! I went into the hospital at 204 and came out the same way after ejecting my son!!!

Luckily by 2-3 weeks later I lost about 20 pounds. Whew!
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Tawanda » May 11th, 2007, 1:03 pm

I think the IV bag contains about 1000 or 1100 calories, if the nurse that told me that wasn't kidding me..glad to see you feeling good enough to type to us.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby SuzyQ66 » May 11th, 2007, 2:06 pm

Doni I am so happy that everything went fine with you. Don't worry about the weight gain - it will easily come off. I hope you have a wonderful restful weekend so that you are able to get back to work at school.
Sue
SuzyQ66
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Sharon » May 11th, 2007, 3:30 pm

Hi Doni Glad your feeling better and it was great to see a post from you.
Sharon

Postby DonicaB » May 13th, 2007, 5:55 am

Well after 4.5 months of being rock solid on plan (except for some peanuts) I binged yesterday. I'm very unhappy with myself and even more unhappy with the results on the scale this morning. I am up 3# and feel like dog doo-doo. I already changed my ticker to show today's weigh-in. I have been up for several hours thinking about why I did what I did yesterday.

Since my surgery on Thursday I have consistently been up 2 to 3#. I was already upset about that even though I was sure it would come off fairly quickly. Friday evening my DH decided he would go visit his parents this weekend. His mother has cancer and just recently found out that it has returned and things aren't looking good. He really wanted to go see her, but knew that I wouldn't be up to traveling that far. I told him to go ahead and go because I felt I could take care of myself.

Mother's day weekend is always very difficult for me. It is often very painful...............I usually don't even attend church because I just don't handle it well. I usually cry all through the service, so I just stopped attending on Mother's Day.

For some reason when I woke up yesterday I knew it was going to be a non-compliant day. I think the depression of it being Mother's day weekend and being alone was not a good combination for me. It seems I ate all day long and the sad thing is......none of it even tasted that good. (actually maybe that's a good thing) I fully expected the scale to be up even more than it was......I guess it still could go up more. I realize it can take days to show the effects.

I guess it's time for me to put up or shut up. I've been talking about being too scared to cheat because I don't know if I have the strength to pick myself up and carry on. So, I guess this will be the test. Can I pick up today and stay compliant??? I'm planning to......I really want to.

I think telling you guys will be easier than telling my DH. He has been so proud of me......I'm afraid he is going to be very disappointed. Then again, I don't think he can be any more disappointed in me than I am in myself. I know it's not the end of the world or anything.......I just cannot let it break me.

As I'm thinking about it......I've been up for hours and haven't even had 1 supplement, so I'm already starting off bad. I think I will go get a shake now.

Doni
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby bikipatra » May 13th, 2007, 6:26 am

4.5 months is a long time. You had a lot you were dealing with and needed relief and comforted yourself in one of the ways that used to work. I think it says a lot that you didn't even really enjoy it. Means getting right back on program will be so much easier. I always say that sometimes we succeed in seconds and inches. When I had my stall how many times do you think I almost headed over to the pizza place around the block for the all-you-can-eat lunch buffet? I thought about it a lot. It doesn't make much difference that you actually ate the food and I didn't. It gave us a peek inside of our minds and how we self-sabotage and things we can be thankful for. You didn't gain a lot of weight. You did stop after one day. You did figure out you didn't even like it. These are great lessons. You have been VERY strong on this program. I have no doubt that you can pick up today and be compliant again, You know how this works. Just remember 5-1-water. You just have to take it three hours at a time. You can do it!!!
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby DonicaB » May 13th, 2007, 7:00 am

Thanks Biki! I just feel so YUCK today. My stomach seems a little icky, too.

I feel as fat today as I did on Jan. 3rd. I guess I'm just angry that I probably set myself back 2 weeks and all for nothing.

You're right, though, I can do it. 3 hours at a time and 5-1-water.
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Serendipity » May 13th, 2007, 7:01 am

Doni, I'm so sorry you had a bad day, but today doesn't need to be so bad. That's one valuable lesson I've learned. There's no reason you need to make today a copy of yesterday. You have the power to change it up.

I'm assuming you have unhappy memories associated with mother's day. Keep in mind your children....you posted earlier that you are close....focus on them today and you'll get through it just fine.

You'll be on my mind today.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity

Postby Tawanda » May 13th, 2007, 7:19 am

Doni, sending you a hug today---wish I could give it to you in person!

You'll be on my mind today, too. Father's Day is a tough one for me.

You dealt with your sadness and grief in a way that most of us use to handle our big emotions (and how I handled my small ones, too). Instead of food soothing you it did the opposite, so you learnt a lot from yesterday. You've already picked yourself up, you've already decided it just wasn't worth it and now you've got a plan for being back on program. Drink your water and be diligent with the timing of your supplements (just as you've already decided/planned) and you'll be right back in the Medi-groove in a few days.

This was a speed bump in your journey.....not a detour. It lasted less than 24 hours---you've learnt from it and will be stronger than ever with the memory of how dissatisfied and unhappy overeating those foods made you.

My best to you!!
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Mavesse » May 13th, 2007, 7:37 am

I wish I could give you a hug in person, Donica, and we could have Medifast capuccinos together and you'd be on your way :hug:

I'm just a beginner, but I'm already more experienced at falling off the program, it seems :lol: so I guess I can share a little of what I've gathered along the way.

First, I feel certain you aren't set back a few weeks. If we gained a few pounds everytime we went on a bender, I would have gained about a thousand pounds last year alone! I'll bet if you stay on the program today, you'll find those three pounds gone Monday morning and you'll be back on track.

And on this point, we are Medifast twins!

I've been talking about being too scared to cheat because I don't know if I have the strength to pick myself up and carry on.

I was really freaked out, too! But then, when I did blow it, and pulled it together the next morning, it was a huge weight off my shoulders. It doesn't have to be fear that stops me from binging, which is kind of dark and scary, it can be a choice based on respect for our bodies, or even self-love.

Also, consider this: someone really insightful said in a journal (I think it was Serendipity's) Medifast has likely become your comfort food, but for the right reasons! It's a comfort food because we know it's good for us, it'll give us the energy and vitamins and protein we need to perform at high levels all day, and it's safe, because it won't harm us the way our old choices would. I'll bet once you get a few regular supplements in you, your tummy will settle and you'll feel like your old self again.

Please don't be too hard on yourself. You are wildly successful and a wonderful role model for newcomers like me. I have no doubt in my mind that you will learn from this and be stronger for it.

Take care of yourself today,

Mavesse :wave:
Mavesse
Preferred Member - #10 Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal