hw does this sit e make sure the weight loss is real and...

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

hw does this sit e make sure the weight loss is real and...

Postby bree » June 26th, 2006, 4:07 pm

that it is just not a bunch of people selling the product?

I hate to sound negative but I had a recent bad experience.
Bree
Start weight 180 6/22/06
bree

Postby JeepGirl » June 26th, 2006, 4:19 pm

Are you asking if this actual site is for real and the people who post here?

If so it seems to me that reading Nancy & Terry's journey is a good way to know. As is reading the Before-After posts of members.

There is always going to be some bad seeds who scam people but I honestly think the majority of the people here are good people.

I know MF is working for me!

It seems like it would be hard to fake all the wonderful experiences that are posted here on a daily basis.
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Sarya » June 26th, 2006, 4:26 pm

Hmm. That's a tough question. I mean.. we could tell you we're real, but why believe us? heh. I have to say I wondered the same thing when I started, but you know.. people post pictures of themselves. They talk about their lives; their successes and their failures. Some people even go meet up with each other. I know.. it could still be all a scam, but sometimes you have to maybe take it on faith and give it a try for yourself.

As you can see on the boards it hasn't worked out for everyone and some people do stop the program.

So I don't know. Anything on the internet can be a farce, and it's amazing what some people stoop to nowadays for attention.

In the end I bought the starter kit because over the years I have spent waaaaay more than that on diets that either didn't work or made me fatter. :shock: Diets that work for plenty of other people even.. (not just the cabbage soup diet or something :)) I figured that if it didn't work I didn't have to reorder, and while I may be out a chunk of cash at least I gave it a try.

Although the strictness of this diet chafes at me it is also what makes me successful. I think my downfall in other diets was the leniency. I have tried two diets that involved buying their food, but both times you had to add a lot of stuff to augment the plan. That's where I screwed up. Too much extra stuff.

Anyway.. I babbled a little, and I'm sorry. But this is a hard question to address, and I know it's one that should be.
Sarya
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DogMa » June 26th, 2006, 4:27 pm

Yeah, I guess there's no REAL way to know for sure, ever. Although I've talked by phone with both Nancy and Jan before, so I know they're both real - and not the same person.

It'd have to be a really busy person to write ALL these posts and post all these different photos, etc.

(And of course, I know I'm real. :lol: )
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby GucciGoo » June 26th, 2006, 4:31 pm

We are all a secret society of alien dieters...we want you to join our cult...

Only kidding. How to prove we are real people? How about the before/after photos?
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo

Postby JeepGirl » June 26th, 2006, 4:32 pm

BeachBaby wrote:...we want you to join our cult...

hahaha I almost fell outta my chair at that!!
JeepGirl

Postby GucciGoo » June 26th, 2006, 4:35 pm

Bree, seriously try it for two weeks. There is NO way you cannot lose. Period. I guarantee you will love the results if you stick to it for two weeks. Then you will become one of us who stand by Medifast.

I have tried Atkins, Weight Watchers, the Zone, South Beach, calorie-counting, starvation, Meridia and Xenical. This has been the easiest, most effective weight loss ever. I started around your weight after having a baby in December. I could not lose anything. So far I have lost about 20 pounds in 7 weeks. It is not as much because I have been sick (earache, strep throat) and have been eating off plan for a week. But I am averaging 2.75 pounds per week. Which is fabulous for me.
GucciGoo

Postby GucciGoo » June 26th, 2006, 4:37 pm

Medifast is a kind of cult- once you lose quickly without starvation, you are sucked in! I will NEVER look elsewhere for weight loss!
GucciGoo

Postby MiriamKelly » June 26th, 2006, 6:15 pm

Since this isnt the only Medifast messageboard filled with people happy about losing weight fairly quickly, we all can't be liars...can we? :shock:

;)

But, my point is, MF is like any other diet - it takes willpower and effort on your part. It just so happens that all of us here find it to be easier than many other diets and we stick with it because it works for us. You see the results after the first week. And after the second week. And after the third week etc...until you hit the dreaded plateau :x (plateaus happen no matter what diet you're on, so no worries). But it's all up to YOU to follow it.

You can always look up a doctor in your area/state that is knowledgable in the plan to see if it's for real if you don't trust the Health Advisors at TSFL or the makemethinner.com web site. There's a list of physicans at medifast1.com under the "tools & community" tab; I'm not familiar with the tsfl or mmt.com sites so a similar list may be there, too.

But, if you had to ask me, I don't care if they're just selling the product (though I perosnally dont believe they are lying). They've created an informative, supportive and inspirational community of men and women who are all on the road to waving "goodbye" to obesity. I'm here, I use MF and I'm not selling MF, but I'll tell you that it does work as well as you work it. :)

Miriam
MiriamKelly

Easy Answer

Postby Ginabobina1969 » June 26th, 2006, 7:56 pm

Nancy and Terri do sell the product.. but I am sure they wouldn't hesitate to suggest that if your feeling insecure or suspicious about the motives of why they would be selling the products...To go ahead and order directly from Medifast. After all their main goal is to help people become healthier and Medifast products WILL do that.

I personally feel that your gonna be hard put to find someone on here who are posting fake "weightloss" to make a profit. Most of the people ON the board posting daily are NOT selling the product. I don't sell the product but I could easily, if I chose too, after all, I am my own walking billboard and people constantly are asking me "how did you do it, what are you useing"

Medifast works, wether you buy it here, The main site or even off of ebay..if you use the products as they are intended you WILL lose weight.

Have a great day!
Gina

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby alpha femme » June 26th, 2006, 8:19 pm

i'm not real. i know that for sure.
oh, wait, i sound like i'm trying to start a fire when i wear cords, so...
yeah, i'm real.
and fat.

but not for long.

johns hopkins is real.
google them w/ mf and you can get good info on the plan and anticipated results.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » June 26th, 2006, 8:19 pm

Well, one caution on buying products on eBay. Apparently quite a few people have gotten expired product that way, so it's not recommended.

I think the photos pretty much speak for themselves. I know some companies use doctored photos in their ads - and have gotten in trouble for it - but if you look in the Studio section, they're clearly amateur photos. And we show progress, rather than just "before" and "after."

Really, the only way to know for sure if it works is to try it. Or to know someone who has. I came here because three different doctors recommended the program to me (and I found the site when I went online to research the program). Certainly the Johns Hopkins research isn't made up; you can find it independently or probably even call the university to verify it.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » June 26th, 2006, 9:41 pm

Yeah Really, Robin,
If my last picture was fake, I think I would have photo shopped my eyes open!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby TheShadow » June 27th, 2006, 12:59 pm

Hi Bree,

There are a lot of sites on the web where people do fake posts and try to sell a product. Other sites just like to bash a product they've never tried or know very little about. This site has neither of those kind of people. I've never met any of the people on here and I've only been reading for less than a month. I can tell you though, that what they are posting and what I am posting is very real. We were not happy in our bodies they way they were and we decided to do something about it. We want to be healthy again and we found a way to do it. You can too. You don't have to buy a whole month's worth of product to start the program. They even sell individual packets if you want to taste it first and see if you can deal with it. The only thing with ordering less is that it takes about 3-5 days for the UPS to bring it. So you don't want to run out. If you want to, just try 2 weeks worth and then after 1 week order some more so you get it before you run out if you can see that it's working.
If you read through all the posts, you will see people having stalls (plateaus) and people who lose very slowly along with others that lose fast. You will also see people who want to cheat and then complain that they are not losing. Well DUH!!! I think if we were fake people, we would all lose super fast and never have difficulties or be depressed or get discouraged. But we're real and we do get bummed out and want to eat pasta and all that. But when you are ready, really, really ready, to do for yourself the thing that will change your future, then climb aboard. The MF train will not leave the station without you. And if we've all met our goal and dropped off the site, there will be hundreds more like us to take our place. There's no shortage of heavy people out there and they will keep finding MF.
Truthfully, I spend about the same amount on this product as I spent on fast food lunch plus pretzels from the vending machine on a daily basis. So I'm really not "risking" a penny. I'm just spending my lunch money on food that makes me lose weight and not gain. If you add up your daily lunch, breakfast and junk food you will see that you are spending about the same as MF, $10/day approximately.
TheShadow
TheShadow
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby JKSRN » June 27th, 2006, 2:03 pm

Hi Bree, it is logical for someone to question a weight loss program. However, it is not very logical when clear evidence is present, as to the program's validity and statistics and success rates. Endorsement by the prestigious Johns Hopkins Reasearch Center should be enough proof that you are not dealing with any scams. You can trust wholeheartedly, that all the individuals on this forum are real, their weight losses are real, and so is their caring and concern for each other.

Not everyone who joins the Medifast program will stay on the program. And, that is strictly an individual thing, be it the expense, not liking the food, not having the right mindset or the right time for dieting--whatever.

As an older woman, who has been around the diet carousel for most of my adult life--this is the first program to be awe-inspiring for me, that makes me feel energetic, healthier(ask my physician) and so happy. And, if this is not for "real", then don't wake me up!! God bless Medifast, Nancy and gang, this forum and the wonderful fellow Medifasters, whom I have met here and care about!
Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

Next

Return to The Weight Room