Does anyone else have a hard time finishing the L&G??

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Does anyone else have a hard time finishing the L&G??

Postby FluffyNoMore » March 20th, 2006, 5:23 pm

I have a hard time. I'm usually full about 1/2 way through. 7oz of chicken is more than I ate before and then all the veggies...is it bad if I can't eat it all?
FluffyNoMore
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Well me,

Postby dede4wd » March 20th, 2006, 7:01 pm

I don't have any trouble eating it, but after I feel like I ate a bag of rocks and don't feel good for a while...
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby scrabbler7 » March 20th, 2006, 7:22 pm

You know --- I have thought about this often. As I'm sitting in front of my 7 oz of chicken thinking "HOLY COW"! I would never have eaten this much food before .... Then I start thinking ... hmmm ... if this were a baked potato -- I'd not only have the whole thing but probably have another. Same goes for mashed potatoes ... two, three maybe more helpings were nothing for me. Pasta - but the cupfuls and cupfuls .. not a problem. Yet I think, 7 oz of chicken is just too much.

What it does is make me realize that I never ate the right things before ... meat was just something to accompany the starch laden meals I always ate. I am most surely eating less food in weight than before ... it's just that I am eating the right foods. I was not accustomed to that much protein so I would think -- GAWD that's a lot of food ... but it's really not a lot of food ... it is just a lot more protein than I would have eaten before.

But I would probably say if eating all of it makes you uncomfortable - upset stomach - then I stop when you are comfortable full. MF helps us to recognize the body's signal about the right amounts to eat and hopefully teaches us to understand true hunger for when we go on maintenance.
scrabbler7
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » March 20th, 2006, 7:27 pm

scrabbler7 wrote:You know --- I have thought about this often. As I'm sitting in front of my 7 oz of chicken thinking "HOLY COW"! I would never have eaten this much food before .... Then I start thinking ... hmmm ... if this were a baked potato -- I'd not only have the whole thing but probably have another. Same goes for mashed potatoes ... two, three maybe more helpings were nothing for me. Pasta - but the cupfuls and cupfuls .. not a problem. Yet I think, 7 oz of chicken is just too much.

What it does is make me realize that I never ate the right things before ... meat was just something to accompany the starch laden meals I always ate. I am most surely eating less food in weight than before ... it's just that I am eating the right foods. I was not accustomed to that much protein so I would think -- GAWD that's a lot of food ... but it's really not a lot of food ... it is just a lot more protein than I would have eaten before.

Well said scrabbler7!!! So true, So true!!!!
MusicalMomma

Yup,

Postby dede4wd » March 20th, 2006, 7:52 pm

You're right. I mean 2 cups of spinach looks like Mt Everest to me. But in the old days, an entire bag of peanut butter cups didn't look like such a big mountain...heck, it wasn't even a speed bump! No problem finishing that at all! My how I've changed!

I guess the roughage just fills me up so fast, I'm doing better by slowing down and taking the full 15 minutes with the meal.
dede4wd

Postby falisamarie » March 20th, 2006, 8:21 pm

I am going against the crowd on this one so please take it with a grain of salt. I believe that I read somewhere that it is important to get all of the lean and green in to maintain the proper balance that the Medifast program creates. I too think that the 7oz of chicken is a lot so I have tried some other things that are not as bulky like fish or shrimp and I am able to get that in easier. I totally understand the thought of listening to our bodies and stopping when full however during the weight loss phase we have already cut our calories so low that we must be sure that we are getting them all in. Remember if you cut your calories too low it could cause the body to go into starvation mode which will slow or even halt you weight loss.

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Loribug » March 20th, 2006, 8:32 pm

Always the practical Lisa, and we love you for it!

I get full before I'm finished too. I also don't always want to finish it if it isn't exactly things that I really like.
Loribug
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby ascicles » March 20th, 2006, 8:59 pm

I always keep some lowfat cottage cheese for the days that I am not particularly hungry. It lets me avoid the large meat portion with something that (to me) isn't quite as filling.
ascicles
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » March 21st, 2006, 5:47 am

falisamarie wrote:I am going against the crowd on this one so please take it with a grain of salt. I believe that I read somewhere that it is important to get all of the lean and green in to maintain the proper balance that the Medifast program creates. I too think that the 7oz of chicken is a lot so I have tried some other things that are not as bulky like fish or shrimp and I am able to get that in easier. I totally understand the thought of listening to our bodies and stopping when full however during the weight loss phase we have already cut our calories so low that we must be sure that we are getting them all in. Remember if you cut your calories too low it could cause the body to go into starvation mode which will slow or even halt you weight loss.

Lisa

Lisa is absolutely right....I was so caught up in how true it is that I'd have NO trouble eating gobs and gobs of junk food, but have trouble with the generous portions of lean and green....that I forgot to comment that we DO need to eat ALL of our lean and green to maintain proper balance.

Truth be told, I got into my weight mess by "listening to my body" LOL!!! I can't trust my body at this point to tell me the truth about portion sizes, good or bad. I have to re-learn what is a healthy portion and just push through it until my body adjusts and accepts it's new lifestyle. Until then...my body is a big fat liar!!!! :roflmao: (pun totally intended!!!)

Great suggestions Lisa!!!!
MusicalMomma

Postby FluffyNoMore » March 21st, 2006, 6:52 am

I think that my stomach has shrunk because I'm full about 1/2 way through...REALLY full about 3/4 of the way. My dh is doing this too and he's fine with it. Maybe it's just me, but it starts coming back up because I'm so stuffed. It's like thanksgiving dinner every night. It's not a good feeling.
FluffyNoMore
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Lauren » March 21st, 2006, 7:01 am

Like Lisa and some others said, if you feel too full after the chicken or meat, you should consider some less hearty options. I find, on days when I am just not as hungry, that having tuna or tofu still does the job, but doesn't leave me as full.

All that being said, however, I am rarely uncomfortably full from my L&G, I eat every last drop of it! :-)

Oh, and as the others have said, you must eat all the L&G portion- it's important in your nutritional balance, and I think it's important to set you up for when maintenance comes and you have to manage real meals! Just the thought of that sounds exciting!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby aphrael » March 21st, 2006, 8:10 am

Remember you can have red meat meat too and that is only a 5 oz portion. Maybe have that a few times a week and than the fish or shrimp and save the chicken for just once or twice when you think you might be really hungry.

Also if you are going to have the chicken for your l+g make sure it has been the 3 hours since your last supplement, and maybe have the supplement before as one that is less filling to you, like a tea or fruit drink, coco, whatever is less filling for you. Avoid things like oatmeal and bars before your lean and green.

Just my thoughts.
Aphrael

Due Nov. 16th
aphrael
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby scrabbler7 » March 21st, 2006, 1:25 pm

Well -

I'm going to stick with my original advice on this one. Forcing yourself to finish the entire lean and green if you aren't hungry sounds way too much like "cleaning my plate" which is what got me in this mess in the first place.

I respectfully submit my difference of opinion based on much of the documentation for MF. The plan calls for a caloric intake of 800 - 1000 with 80 - 85 g of carbs.

If you were to follow the plan with 3 shakes a day, 1 bar and a oatmeal -- that's approximately 500 calories. A L&G consisting of 7oz chicken and 1 1/2 cups of broccoli would be a additional 380 (approx) calories -- bringing your total day to 880 without any "snacks" or condiments on your L&G. Add in a snack of MF crackers and a fast soup (85 calories) -- and your total day comes to 965 calories. If you were to reduce the chicken to 5 oz removing 94 calories (47 calories an oz of broiled chicken) -- your total day comes to 871 calories. Well within the limit of the diet guidelines.

I'm certainly not suggesting that you forego the L&G or even reduce it by half -- but if 7oz is too much to the point of uncomfortableness -- then I'm going to only eat that which feels comfortable to me.

That's my two cents ... so I'll leave it now to everyone else to make their own decision.
scrabbler7
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby bzlife1967 » March 21st, 2006, 2:51 pm

I concur with scrabbler. :clapclap: Well said mate!
Friends are angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly!
Highest 289
MF 250/216/150
Restart 02/27/07
bzlife1967
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby marrabou » March 21st, 2006, 6:45 pm

excuse me,

if you guys cant finish the L&G

I'LL EAT IT!!! i seem to have no problem finishing things, maybe you guys arent making the good stuff

i like to get shish-ke-bobs from whole foods market to cook

or, frozen turkey burgers from Jenny-O are yummm

:)

hehe :roll:
30 lbs to lose
Start Date August 11, 2006
Plan is to go from 145 to 115
marrabou

Next

Return to Weight Loss