dlr2424-Donna Please Read

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

dlr2424-Donna Please Read

Postby LisaNewYork » September 28th, 2005, 7:01 am

Hi Donna,
You had responded to my post about the heart meds. I just wanted to thank you. I'm sorry about your's & your husband's heart problems. I'm glad you are both doing well.

I, too, have a cardiomyopathy. Mine is peripartum cardiomyopathy which was caused by my pregnancy. My heart function (ejection fraction) returned to 50%, which is the low end of normal for me, a year after my pregnancy. My heart size also went back to normal. Unlike other cardiomyopathies, peripartum cases have a chance for recovery--1/3 of cases. I feel very fortunate to have been one of the lucky ones, and I am really hopeful that I will never need a transplant.

However, my dad has dilated cardiomyopathy and he received a transplant in March of 2001. My dad is doing amazing well today, and he even babysits my 2.5 year old son 4 hours a day/5 days a week. I will always be on meds and have been now been classified as familial dilated/peripartum cardiomyopathy because of my family history.

I just wanted to let you know that I'm here. I know so few people that have been through the whole heart transplant experience. Feel free to contact me anytime. My email is <snip>no emails please - Mr. Snippy</snip>.
Lisa

<comment>Lisa - Register on the forum and add your email to your profile and it will be available to everyone through a button</comment>
LisaNewYork

Postby dlr2424 » September 28th, 2005, 10:35 am

Lisa..... :shock: ....It amazes me how God places people in our path. We all have a choice to either find the good of a situation or the bad.... :D ....It's much better taking the brighter side........regardless of what we have been thru..... :yes: ...God has truly blessed us....... :| ....unfortunatley my husbands virus also settled in his brain causing other challenges.......so he rarely has a good day......however.... :yes: ....he is thankful to be here and has to believe God has a plan...... :hmmm: ......ahh.........the test of FAITH............I'm so glad your dad was fortunate enough to recieve a heart...... :heart: ......transplant is quite an experience..... :scratchhead: ....or shall I say lifelong journey......... :angel: .....my many prayers to all of you for the best of health and many blessings from a most loving God....... :hug: ......I'm so happy you posted your intro message..........I know it was of benefit to me as well as others i'm sure...............

Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby LisaNewYorkCity » September 28th, 2005, 11:48 am

Donna,
You have an amazing strength and a great attitude. It took me a long time to get over the anger :x, and fear, and try to make something positive happen from my experience. I'm lucky to have a beautiful and, thankfully, healthy son to look to every day to give me strength. :D

I wish only good things for you and your family! Please stay in touch.
Lisa
LisaNewYorkCity

Return to Come on in.