Difference in taste with different shakes?

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Difference in taste with different shakes?

Postby Lisa Renee » August 5th, 2005, 11:19 am

I have been doing the 55 shakes and tried the coronary health ones-- don't really care for the taste. My appetite really increases in the evening hours and I was thinking of switching to the 70 shakes or the appetite suppression shakes during the afternoon and evening, -HOWEVER, I don't want to compromise taste. If I like the way the 55's taste, what is the closest to that? Can you taste the citrimax in the AS shakes, and also is there a taste difference in the higher protein in the 70 shakes?

Thanks!
Lisa Renee
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Taste of Shakes

Postby Jan » August 6th, 2005, 8:44 am

O.K.
I was waiting for someone with selective tastebuds to reply but alas so far no one has. I sometimes think my tastebuds must be numb because almost everything tastes fine to me. (of course I remember not liking some things at first but now everthing is pretty good.)
This is what I've noticed and others have told me. The shakes with additives do taste a little different. They are a little creamier and some people notice the taste of the what ever is added. I personally don't notice that much difference. We'll see if one of those more "selective" individuals has something to say
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Sablebaby » August 6th, 2005, 10:04 am

I have always been on the 70 shakes and started trying the 55's. I couldn't tell a difference in taste. I thought for a while that the 55's were creamier when blended in the bullet, but it might have been me actually figuring out how to make them creamy. I also have the apet. supp. shakes and don't see a diff in taste either. I don't notice a diff with apet suppression with those either though. It never hurts to order samples of everything! :D
Heather
Sablebaby
Trusted Member

Postby Nancy » August 6th, 2005, 10:23 am

Strawberry ~

I think the 70's and the 55's taste exactly the same.

The Joint Health has a different taste - it just needs to be mixed really well so all the glucosamine and chondroitin are mixed in, same with the appetite suppression shake - mix it/shake it longer than a regular formula and let it sit for about 10 minutes before slurpage and it will be great. Avoid Strawberry :twisted: Coronary shakes at all costs...
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Lisa Renee » August 6th, 2005, 11:12 am

Oh my Gosh, it's so funny you said that about the coronary strawberry ones. I ordered a whole box last time and when I tried it, it tasted like finger nail polish! I thought I was the only one who noticed..lol...

So the 70s don't taste any better than the 55s...interesting.

thanks.
Lisa Renee
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby martha » August 6th, 2005, 12:08 pm

Strawberry--

I think they taste the same too. Of course I only drink the banana(only once and awhile) and the chocolate.( MY FAVORITE).BUT hubby drinks all of them and he says they are the same to him..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Shakes

Postby Jan » August 6th, 2005, 3:57 pm

Oh Good
Others responded. And, I see that they don't notice much difference either. :D Great!! maybe my taste buds are OK afterall. :mrgreen:
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Return to The Weight Room