difference between medifast plans

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby monkeymom » February 16th, 2005, 10:59 am

Oh thanks Unca, I would have totally forgotten. Will do. I'm really hoping they will go for it, they have struggled worse than me. And this little gal in my class, I hope she can find a way to afford it, she's such a pretty thing but is miserable, can BARELY squeeze into the desks at school.
Speaking of the desks at school, I have more room in there now, it's so awesome :)
Vicki
255 - 1/29/08
monkeymom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby scrabbler7 » February 16th, 2005, 5:12 pm

Hello Ame!! I have been wanting to ask you how your weightloss is going, I remember that we wanted to lose the same amount and we weighed the same.

Sorry Kelly - I guess I missed this thread somehow. Thanks for the thoughts -- I'm doing well. Still 100% compliant 33 days into the program. I've lost 14 pounds so far and am doing great! I've been switching back and forth between the 5 and 1 and doing 6 medi's. Depends on how busy my day is and how late I am working at the office. I'm going to start excercising a few times a week now, so hopefully that will kick up the weight loss meter a tad -- I'll let ya know!

Awesome to see you are doing good as well - congrats on the 15 pound reduction!!!

Monkeymom -- awesome on fitting better into the desks at school. We went to a Basketball game the other nite and I noticed how much less space I took up in those arena seats. (Kept reminding myself of that as my son kept waving his soft pretzel in front of me!! ::lol: :lol: )
scrabbler7
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby smartiegrrl » February 16th, 2005, 5:31 pm

I'm also doing the 5 and 1 plan for similar reasons. I had a business lunch yesterday where my client took me out for sushi. I had sashimi.

I tell some people that I'm on MF. However, I don't want to discuss weightloss with my clients; I want to discuss business. I really don't care what they think about MF, or Atkins or The Hollywood Diet, etc, its just that 90mins or so needs to be filled with on topic conversation.

My husband and I and our circle of friends goes out for dinner. For awhile we were going out 4-5 nights a week. It was a big social activity. It still is. We aren't going out nearly as often, but I don't feel like I need to stay home. I can work my lean and green into many settings and that gives me more confidence that I can maintain my weight when the MF part is done without abandoning my lifestyle.

I am of the adage, that if someone cannot accept you for what you are, fat, thin, Medifasting fully, or doing the lean green, then they are not fit to be a friend in the first place. WHO cares of this person is a client, office associate, or family member. This is why there is individuality. We should create our own circumstances.

If we choose to do the full fast during a “social event” then people should accept it. If they can’t, then I don’t want to associate with them in the first place. I will be the first to stand up and slam a nail in someone’s head for belittling someone for something they are doing just because it is not “normal”

Indeed we should create our own circumstances. Thats why I choose 5 and 1 and not full fast. I don't understand why you question the 5 and 1 choice or the reasons why people choose it over the full fast, Mike. Full fast works great for some people and 5 and 1 works great for others. Some people do Weight Watchers, others, eDiets. All of these choices are equally empowering and you will still lose weight if you follow the plan. You just have to find what works for YOU and stick with it, but just because it works for you doesn't mean its for everyone. Individuality.

My MF-ing inspired someone to go to Weight Watchers. She wasn't interested in MF, but she's lost 10lbs so far with WW. I totally encourage her and she does me. WW works for her, but it doesn't interest me.
~sg

(6/26/06) 230/225/130
smartiegrrl
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Previous

Return to Come on in.