diet hot cocoa-is it legal?

Add your favorite recipes.

diet hot cocoa-is it legal?

Postby mamabear » May 11th, 2006, 9:14 pm

I have always loved hot chocolate-and before MF I always drank Swiss Miss diet hot chocolate. here is the info:

Calories: 25
Fat: 0
Carbs: 4g
dietary fiber: 1g
sugars: 2g
Protein: 2g

I was wondering if it would be ok to have for a snack occasionally(I'm not talking everyday-maybe once a week)
mamabear
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby DogMa » May 11th, 2006, 9:49 pm

Well, the standard answer: You can have anything you want, but no, it's not on program. If you want hot cocoa, I'd go with the Medifast version and make it one of your meals. The calories are over the 20-calorie limit, and 4 grams of carb is kinda high for something with no real nutritional value. Slippery slope and all that.

On the other hand, if you had it as your snack for the day and didn't have any other snacks, it probably wouldn't kill you.

I like cocoa, too, but I stuck with the Medifast version all winter. Now that it's hot out, I love it whipped up with cold water and ice.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Arklahoma » May 12th, 2006, 2:30 am

Christina ~ It probably wouldn't harm you from time-to-time but it really begins the slippery slope of adding things to the plan. IMHO, try to do without. It'll be here when you're done.
Arklahoma

Postby mamabear » May 12th, 2006, 8:52 pm

Thanks!

I like to occasionally have it after work on Friday nights-and I figured I would rather have 25 calories before bed than the 110 in MF hot cocoa-plus the fact that the MF hot cocoa has 14 grams of carbs-considerably higher than the 4 in my diet hot cocoa. Maybe I am wrong but it seemed to me that if I was going to have one or the other the diet cocoa is the better choice at 11:00pm.
mamabear

Postby mamabear » May 12th, 2006, 9:43 pm

Vicky, no I would not count it as one of my meals-just a snack. I am still having my 5 mf and my l&g. :mrgreen:
mamabear

Postby DogMa » May 13th, 2006, 11:49 am

Well, yeah, I meant have the Medi-cocoa as a meal and just skip the snack altogether. Not have Medi-cocoa as an additional snack.

Just wanted to clarify.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Postby mamabear » May 13th, 2006, 9:02 pm

DogMa wrote:Well, yeah, I meant have the Medi-cocoa as a meal and just skip the snack altogether. Not have Medi-cocoa as an additional snack.

Just wanted to clarify.

Yeah, I know you meant as a meal-but then I'd have to save that meal for until I got home from work(11pm).

As for the "slippery slope" that everyone talks about I would be more worried if I didn't have the diet hot cocoa-it would give me something to look forward to and motivate me to stay on plan all week. But then again maybe I'll just have a glass of water and go to bed :lol: . I guess I'm not too worried since the weather is getting warmer and I probably won't want hot chocolate as much-it's just that it's been raining since Monday here and it got me to thinking about the hot cocoa and I hadn't had it for awhile.

And Robin-I think I will try the MF hot cocoa cold sometime with ice like you suggested-it sounds good! :mrgreen:
mamabear

Return to Lean Cuisine