didn't work out so no loss?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

didn't work out so no loss?

Postby bunny216 » May 24th, 2007, 11:22 pm

i didn't work out yesterday so my muscles could get a break. i didn't cheat yesterday and this morning i hadn't lost a single pound! if i don't let my muscles rest at this point, i'm just tearing them over and over and doing myself no good. i just started working out again so i can't overdue it. so what, if i don't workout every day i won't lose a pound?! i was very upset this morning and just wanted to give up. it's so hard with still having to cook my husbands breakfast, lunch and dinner and all i want to do is take a bite! it's really discouraging. should i just figure in no weight loss on the days i don't work out? :x
bunny216

Postby bikipatra » May 25th, 2007, 1:35 am

It is rather unreasonable to expect to lose a pound a day, every day. Workouts can affect weight loss, especially if you are new to the program. May I ask how long it has been?
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby bunny216 » May 25th, 2007, 2:33 am

this is my 10th day. i don't expect a pound a day. i just don't want me not working out for one day to be the reason i didn't lose any weight. but if that's how it is then i can expect that on the days i don't go to the gym that i won't lose any weight. am i supposed to lose weight whether i work out or not? i've read that a lot of people don't see any weight loss on the third week but i'm not even there yet. how do you guys keep going when you work so hard to be good and don't see any movement? i know a day isn't anything but what's going to happen when i don't see any loss for a whole week? i'm afraid i might just give up at that point.
bunny216

Postby bikipatra » May 25th, 2007, 3:45 am

Were you working out before you started MF? If not, it is recommended that you not exercise for the first three weeks. If you were previously exercising you should cut the duration of your exercise down for the first three weeks and work back up to what you were doing before. Also you don't mention the type of working out you are doing. If you are burning too many calories you can stall weight loss because it puts your body in starvation mode. Always remember that if you are exercising strenuously you may need an extra shake. As for what days you will lose weight and which ones you will not-that is an inprecise science. I exercise every day and sometimes I see a loss sometimes I don't. Sometimes I even see a gain! This is about patience and commitment. Medifast is simple but not always easy when the scale isn't going your way. Stuff happens. You don't have to give up because you have the support of everyone on this board - I guarantee, every single one with any time at all has gone a day without losing or experienced a longer stall. It is your choice to practice patience, continuing working the program to the best of your ability and know that eventually, maybe not TODAY, change will occur. You do not have any power over the scale. The good thing is that it has no power over you either. Keep on shakin!
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Mike » May 25th, 2007, 11:42 am

Excellent advice Biki... you are a Health Advisor in waiting..

Bunny, everything Biki said is right on. You should wait 3 weeks to begin exercising if you weren't before you started. If you were, cut it in half for 3 weeks then work back up to it. Overexertion when your body is undergoing such a drastic change in caloric and nutritional intake can actually damage the body. As Biki said, patience will do you good.
I was weighing everyday, but I learned that my weight fluctuates on a day to day basis no matter how good I think I have been. By the end of the week though, I've lost.
Given you are at day 10, you will note quicker weight loss overall during the first couple of weeks then it will level out to the average of what you will get as you continue. Some lose 10 lbs the first week (or more), then it drops to 2-5 a week and people start to freak out. Don't let a slow or decrease bother you. As long as you are losing, you are getting healthy.

Keep at it and keep shakin'

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby CaribGirl » May 25th, 2007, 11:59 am

I agree with you, Mike, about becoming a Health Advisor. I think she would be PERFECT at it! SHe's smart, she understands the MF way of life, she's clever and witty, and very likable. (and i bet right now she wishes I wasn't talking about her as if she's not here!). I also think that noth of you have offered great advice about exercising and weight loss amounts. I am afraid that Bunny is not going to be very successful at this if she freaks about no weight loss every day.
CaribGirl
Trusted Member

Postby CaribGirl » May 25th, 2007, 12:00 pm

OOPS, I meant Biki should become a helath advisor in my above post...sorry for the confusion
CaribGirl
Trusted Member

Postby bikipatra » May 25th, 2007, 12:02 pm

CaribGirl wrote:OOPS, I meant Biki should become a helath advisor in my above post...sorry for the confusion

Thank you. You are very sweet. :oops:
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Jan » May 25th, 2007, 8:17 pm

Hi There Bunny,
You've received some excellent advice. Weight loss is not linear.. that means some times we lose some times we don't. It's frustrating but it just happens to be true. I think at this stage of the game you need to be careful about the exercise. Your body needs to adjust to a lowered caloric intake. The worry is two fold. First, dehydration and secondly that your body may just burn muscle tissue for fuel. We don't want you to damage your muscles. After your body has adjusted to the lower caloric intake then 45 minutes of exercise is fine. You don't really have any extra calories to do more than that.
Don't worry.. your body will part with the pounds at its own rate and with the MF program you can be sure you are parting with the pounds in the safest and fastest way possible.
We'll all be cheering for you!! :D :D
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby bunny216 » May 26th, 2007, 5:55 am

CaribGirl wrote:
I am afraid that Bunny is not going to be very successful at this if she freaks about no weight loss every day.

I am also here reading these responses. The reason for me asking advice is so I can hopefully succeed. I don't really appreciate you telling my I'm not going to be very successful. It's not very encouraging.

But thank you to all the other people who gave me great advice. I wasn't excersing before I started medifast so I will stop. Since I've already begun to excersice how long now before I can start again?
bunny216

Postby bikipatra » May 26th, 2007, 6:32 am

Why not just give yourself a good 2-3 weeks?
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby bunny216 » May 26th, 2007, 10:08 am

oh yes! I'm going to wait 2 weeks to workout again. I don't want to slow down my weight loss because I'm not doing things the right way! thanks biki! you're great!
bunny216

Postby bikipatra » May 26th, 2007, 10:13 am

Let me know if I can do anything else to help.
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Mickeyz » May 26th, 2007, 6:58 pm

Hi Bunny,

Welcome :wave:

I hope you are still checking your responses here. I wanted to tell you I have been on the program for almost 6 weeks and have lost slightly over 20 lbs so far. Some days I didn't lose at all and then all of a sudden I'll lose 1.5 lbs. Some weeks have been better than others. Try not to get too attached to your scale (I'm a fine one to talk! :lol: ) Just know that if you stay true to the program you WILL lose the weight....and you'll become healthier. This has worked wonderfully for so many people, it will work for you too!

You have gotten some great advice here. Personally, I can't encourage you enough to read the Quick Start guide.

I'm glad you found this group, you can get great support and information. Don't hesitate to ask questions AND share your success.

Don't give up and try to stay positive. Come here for lots of support and encouragement!

Stay in touch and Happy Trails! :)
Reached Goal Nov 2007 61.5 lbs lost
Gained 11 lbs in Mexico 3/08, decided to lose that along with another 5 lbs!
Mickeyz
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby bunny216 » May 28th, 2007, 7:46 am

that's great mickeyz! yea, i've decided to only weigh myself once a week from now on. i don't want to get so discouraged so soon in the game.
bunny216

Return to Weight Loss