Diana

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby bikipatra » March 23rd, 2007, 1:33 am

Diana wrote:I need some new size 16 pants, too. I have my one pair of mini-goal jeans (I'll post pics after we take them this morning). This is, after all, my anniversary! So, pics are definitely in order!

OI ordered some size 16 pants and skirts from Ebay when the 18 & 20's coming in were to large and it feels mighty good!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Diana » March 25th, 2007, 9:54 pm

I'm marking this day in my journal.

Sunday, March 25, 2007

ONEDERLAND!!!

Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Karli » March 25th, 2007, 9:56 pm

Congratulations, DI !!!! :cleader: What a great day :).

Cheers,
Karli
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Sojourner » March 26th, 2007, 9:34 pm

Mrs. Mac-Mac-Mac-Mac-Mac
All dressed in..................

ONEDERLAND!!!!!

WooHoo!!!!!!
I'm SO happy for you!
Mucho Congratulations!!!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby Pashta » March 27th, 2007, 8:28 pm

Yeah! Great job!!

:bouncieball: :bravo: :you: :bouncieball:
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Diana » April 18th, 2007, 7:46 pm

PASHTA-GURL!!! Love the new avatar! (just dawned on me I shoulda posted that in YOUR journal!)

Ok, back to me. :mrgreen:

Life is good, spring is here, Montana was COLD!!! but I'm thawing out now. (And it was GREAT visiting with my dad.) As I was wandering around in 24-degree weather, colder than I've been in over 20 years (that was minus 85 in Wisconsin taking the windchill factor into consideration), the reality that I've lost a third of my body in FAT came blindingly (chillingly??) home. Although 3600+ miles was a little difficult on the old spine, it wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be and I only got 2 migraines -- both recoverable. I NEVER could have done that trip at over 300 lbs!

I was talking with a friend at work about this whole identity thing -- she called it the adolescents I didn't really enjoy the first time around. And that's surprisingly true! I've NEVER considered myself even remotely attractive. It's an odd thing to REALIZE one is catching the attention of the opposite sex merely by presence. It's finally not freaking me out -- I've stopped checking for broccoli between my teeth, mascara streaks down my face, goobers in my hair, toilet paper streamers wafting in the breeze as I walk by... although, I did have evidence of a melted MF chocolate bar on my face once.
Diana

Postby Pashta » April 19th, 2007, 6:15 am

LOL! :lol: That's too funny... Yeah sometimes I too wonder if I have a booger in my nose or something when I get attention like that since I've been this heavy. ;)

Thanks about the avatar, I figured I should use a current photo instead of the last year one. :)
- Tonia

Pashta

Postby Diana » May 8th, 2007, 11:35 pm

So, this weekend, I planted marigolds, asters, fuchsias, a rose, jasmine, lavendar, geranium, day lily and started digging up the irises and amarylis...then my shoulder died. I took ibuprophen during the whole back-to-nature experience, anticipating some muscle soreness, but ARGH!!! Actually, from what I understand from my doctor, it's the arthritis in my spine that iritates the nerves as they leave the spinal column. And it hurts from my spine all the way down to my fingers. It finally feels ok as long as I don't use my arm or shoulder. . . now that I've taken a LOT of painkillers. So, why am I on here typing?? (Answer: because I want to remember that I don't want to keep coming back to this point. I'm oscillating and it HAS to STOP!! STOP THE MADNESS!!)

I'm frustrated. I blamed my incapacity on my size. As it turns out, it was compounded by arthritis. I'm more physically capable than I have been in about 20 years. But I've got much more narrow limits than I used to. So, I'm frustrated, because I'm in pain. And that leads to grumpiness (poor Mike) because I'm either a) in pain, b) under the effects pain relieving prescriptions (I have quite a personal pharmacy), and c) frustrated with overtones of depression.

Here's the thing -- this is a HUGE food trigger for me!! Suddenly, I have NO self control. It's a good thing there's not much in the house or my classroom that isn't on plan, and most of the "stash" at home are things Mike likes, not me (like peanut butter -- blech!!). BUT I know EVERYONE on staff who has chocolate. In fact, I've even supplied a few. Usually, it's one or, in a particularly weak moment, two pieces.

But I've topped myself. I reasoned, since I can control myself at work and only have 1 piece every once in a while, I could have a private stash at home and do the same. Mike didn't even know until I told him last night. I bought a box of French truffles at Trader Joe's. 50 cal and only 4 g of sugar each. I don't know how many were in the box, but it doesn't matter. They're all gone -- gone to waist -- in 3 days. So, on top of being in pain, I'm out of the fat burning state, and even GRUMPIER!!! than usual since it's compounding the grumpy-from-pain issue. And I'm such a joy to live with like this! (Again, poor Mike. I TRY to be nice; I TRY to filter my responses and body language, but to quote Yoda, "Do or do not; there is no try.")

I need to work on my WHYs a little more regarding compliance in the area of sneaking chocolate.

Ok, so I can't do a blooming thing about the arthritis -- neither can the doctor. I can certainly get down to a healthier weight, a more attractive body, lower blood pressure, longer and more productive life.

I know when I'm weak. So, in those instances, there's PLENTY of MediFast chocolate options available (shake, pudding, bars, hot cocoa). I'll make sure I have a couple of those available (in my purse, in my desk at school) so that if I want to, I can even have an entirely chocolate day. Yeah, I know there's all kinds of research about the benefits of chocolate, particularly the dark stuff. But to be honest, I KNOW it's psychological on my part. I'm a true chocoholic.

Additionally, I'll make sure I visit my friends at work who DON'T have chocolate to readily share when I feel like I need to talk with someone. Or talk with my "chocolate" friends in settings away from their stash. And when I DO go talk to them, I'll make sure I have something in my hands (like a bottle of water or even a diet soda I really, really like).

I bought a top that's one size too small. So, I have a tangible goal. And now that most of the flowers are in the ground (Mike's going to have to plant the rest and put down the mulch), I can water to my heart's content. I miss my garden. It's on its way back now. And, really, there's no better anti-grump tool in my arsenal than live plants with pretty flowers (although I think it ties with choice napping opportunities!).
Last edited by Diana on May 18th, 2007, 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diana

Postby Serendipity » May 9th, 2007, 4:05 am

Chocolate is not your friend, di. I have a lifetime of proof the it is EVIL!!! And have you noticed? The evil people who make those truffels, M&M's, Hershey's kisses, etc., know that we think we can take just one bite, and they know that we can't take just one bite, so they suck us in every time! I wonder if we had to buy a huge hunk to get it, would we be able to restrain ourselves? Well, I know it would be easier.

Luckily, the chocolate in MF has been enough for me and somehow kills any craving for those little evil bits.

Fight the good fight, di. You can win this one.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Pashta » May 9th, 2007, 4:56 am

I'm sorry you're in pain. That sucks! :(

So you flubbed up a little bit with the chocolate.. Just get right back on and learn from the mistake! Don't buy any more to "stash" around the house hehe. If you can't control the temptation then remove it. Works every time. :mrgreen:

Hope you feel better.
- Tonia

Pashta

Postby Mike » May 9th, 2007, 7:16 am

It may be difficult for me when these things happen, but I know you love me and I you... so we will get through this together.
:hug:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Tawanda » May 9th, 2007, 7:25 am

Diana, sorry to read that you are dealing with pain. I have arthritis in one knee and in some of my fingers--cannot imagine having that pain in my back--it has to be miserable!

You have a plan for avoiding eating the chocolate, that is great and you have new resolve regarding eating (and avoiding) it. You have us cheering you on.....and a new top that you will be wearing soon . You are prepared & will win this battle! ;)
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Lizabette » May 9th, 2007, 7:34 am

Hi, DI,
So glad to see you posting today...I'd sure like it if you posted more often 'cause I love reading your posts.
But equally sorry that you are having such pain in your joints!
I'll be thinking good thoughts for you today.
I have no doubt but that you will whip that ole chocolate :x :whip:
He just doesn't know our DIANA!
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Unca_Tim » May 9th, 2007, 7:40 am

Hi Di,
Joint Health's on sale this month, and it's Chocolate....:)

It helps me lots, but it takes a couple weeks to kick in.
Hoping you feel better.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby MerryMary » May 9th, 2007, 8:18 am

Hi Di!
I'm an arthritis sufferer too. In fact, it was my crippling arthritis (and threat of wheel-chair confinement) that prompted me to try MF. I truly feel for you and hope that as you continue to lose weight the arthritic flare ups will diminish. Mine have and I'm on 1/2 the medicine I used to take. I will keep you in my prayers.

I've ordered some MF for Joint Health to try since it's on sale this month but I've been taking Glucosamine and Chondrotin supplements and they really help. I take Osteo Bi-Flex which also has a joint lubricant. I doubt I would be walking today without it!

I hope you're not too hard on yourself about the chocolate stash ... when we are in pain our resistance oftentimes diminishes--and our frustration increases. I'm sure you will be fine once the pain subsides and you can appreciate the lovely garden you (and Mike) have planted. Just another example of how we partner with God in making this a nicer world!

Blessings!
MARY
Started MF 11/6/06; reached goal 9/27/07.
MerryMary
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal