Diana

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby DonicaB » May 9th, 2007, 10:52 am

Di~ I hear you on the chocoholic thing. I am a major chocolate lover. My DH is often concerned that I am still getting too much chocolate in my supplements. He fears that I am not learning to stay away from it. I tell him, "too bad......if it's on plan......I'm having it and you can't stop me." ;)

I'm sorry to hear about the pain you've been going through. I have very minimal arthritis in my hands and I'm quite the baby about it when it flares up. I can't imagine having it in my back. I know it must be very frustrating.

Ok, so I can't do a blooming thing about the arthritis -- neither can the doctor. I can certainly get down to a healthier weight, a more attractive body, lower blood pressure, longer and more productive life.

There are definitely things that are out of our control, but you listed some wonderful things here that you can control and are controlling. Look at how far you have come. You can make it the rest of the way........even without chocolate. ;)

Doni
DonicaB
Preferred member

Hi

Postby dede4wd » May 9th, 2007, 3:22 pm

DI,
I'm sorry you're going through this, it sucks!

I know what you're going through. I only know one thing for certain...you'll get through this with flying colors because you're one of the strongest people I know! You'll figure out exactly how to deal with this frustration trigger just like you do everything else...with style and grace and I know you'll do great!

Hope the arthritis lets go of you soon!

D
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Sojourner » May 9th, 2007, 11:24 pm

(((((((((((((((( :hug: ))))))))))))))))
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby Diana » May 10th, 2007, 8:06 pm

Wow! What salve to my soul! Thanks, all, for your consolation and encouragement. You have no idea how it warms and comforts me.

I do take glucosamine, condriton and MSM. When that runs out, Unca, I'll definitely get the joint shakes. I may preorder a case since they're on special this month. Since it's already in my system, I'm pretty certain I can forego the 2-week wait. I've avoided going back to the daily prescription stuff. I was on them for about 12 years for migraines. It wasn't until I went off those that we discovered the arthritis. I just feel better mentally and emotionally when that stuff's not in my system.

Today, I feel markedly better and have a much improved range of motion. And I've only taken ibuprofen and Tylenol today. I'm learning, though, and won't over do it. Mike's a real trooper, even helping me with the finer points of dressing. And, of course, he carries my books :heart: (He'll even carry my purse if I need him to.)

As for the chocolate -- so far today, I've been completely compliant. Wasn't quite as successful yesterday, one piece of milk chocolate Dove's. But at least it wasn't a whole box of French truffles... AND I went for a walk.

Thanks, again, all. I am truly blessed to be so surrounded.
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby bikipatra » May 11th, 2007, 2:52 am

Sorry about the arthritis! I am glad Mike is being so helpful but that is what I would expect from him based on how he is on the board. Congrats on keeping the chocolate intake low and how great that you could get a walk in even with the pain you are dealing with. I take ibuprofen and Tylenol in tandem too. My uncle had a back doctor tell him that combined they work so much better. I consider it a successful day if I only have to take them too without prescription meds. I hope you continue to feel better! And I wanted to thank you for always being a voice of calmness and sanity.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby ChynnaDoll » May 18th, 2007, 11:49 pm

Hello there Mz Diana!!! Just wanted to thank you also for stopping by my journal and leaving that sweet message:+)...i left you one too..i know you'll laugh when you see it!

Hope everyhing is going well with you these days.
Take care, and enjoy your weekend!

Chynna~
ChynnaDoll
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby ChynnaDoll » May 30th, 2007, 11:40 am

Hello pretty Diana:+))
I sure loved and needed those hugs you sent to me yesterday in my journal, for i was in a BIGGGGG slump:+(...that really uplifted my spirits..thank you so much. I was so pleasantly surprised this morning to see that i'd loss those 2 pounds i'd gained while i was gone...Medifast ROCKS!!...plus now i've started working in the yard with my hubby and mowing the lawn using the walking mower instead of the riding one for some exercise...did that yesterday...hmmmmmm, i'm thinking maybe THAT could be the reason for the quick drop in weight i donno??...well it's all good:+)
TTYL!

Chynna
ChynnaDoll
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Diana » June 4th, 2007, 10:59 pm

Chynna!!! You warm my heart! We've been hitting the house clutter around here. It's AMAZING the stuff one can accumulate without paying attention! Yeah for those 2 lbs flushed and gone forever!! I've found that, too -- the weeks I walk are the weeks I consistently show a loss. Didn't used to be that way in the beginning, but now that I'm over halfway, it makes a difference. (sigh)

8 days more days with kids, then 3 more days after that, then SUMMER BREAK!!! I can't wait. It's been a long, hard year, and it's high time to put it to bed. We finish district testing tomorrow. I have my last observation on Thursday, then the next week we've got 4 minimum days. I'm changing classrooms, so amid end-of-year activities, I'm gonna set them all to packing! I don't have much. It's not like I'm an entrenched elementary school teacher. But it's more than will fit in a box or two.

We're mucking out around here. I love the peace of mind that order brings. We've already taken a sizable load to the Good Will and only a fraction of it was clothes. We have another load already building. And on Saturday a friend took a truck and small trailer full of stuff to the dump for us. It just feels good! I've also learned my lesson. I work for about 20 minutes, then rest. So far, so good.
Diana

Postby Serendipity » June 5th, 2007, 7:14 am

It's been a long, hard year,

I'll tell you what I like to tell my pregnant friends: It went really fast for me! :mrgreen:
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Diana » June 5th, 2007, 7:19 pm

Jo -- Dayna, my sister, is preggers, not me, if that's what you meant. However, I'm glad the year has gone really quickly for you. The difficulties have been mostly related to my day job. But only 7 days remaining, and 5 of those are minimum days (dismissal an hour and a half earlier).
Diana

Postby Sojourner » June 6th, 2007, 1:11 am

Diana wrote:Jo -- Dayna, my sister, is preggers, not me, if that's what you meant.

Diana ~ I don't mean to speak for Jo (but I will! :lol: )...and somehow, I don't think that's what she meant.
I think she was just being a little bit of a wiseacre. Uhm hmm. But, I seem to recall a slightly different tune that
she was singing around the middle of March...oh-when-will-it-ever-end type of stuff ~ don't you?
:roflmao: I guess it's like when those pregger ones finally deliver and then they have that labor pain amnesia, huh?

Anyhoo....glad to hear you're winding down and will soon be able to enjoy your summer break.

Say it with me ~ "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!"
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby Mike » July 12th, 2007, 11:58 am

Geez, its been a while since she has posted. Just dropping in to remind her....we love you (and love you most). :hug:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Serendipity » July 13th, 2007, 4:15 am

I think she was just being a little bit of a wiseacre.

Haha, me???

Yeah, sojo, that's what I meant. I don't know how I missed this for a week. I always read the posts since my last visit, but I still manage to miss some.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity

Postby Sojourner » July 13th, 2007, 7:51 am

Serendipity wrote:I don't know how I missed this for a week.

5 weeks. ;)
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby Diana » August 1st, 2007, 11:17 pm

Oky doky, I won't count the weeks.... It's been really, really busy!! Whodathunk??

Mike and I are back from the TSFL conference. How many road trips can you arrive home with a combined loss of 18 lbs?? I love this program!! So, I'm back to where my ticker says I am (plus 0.2 lbs, but I'm not counting ounces today -- a good stay in the bathroom and it would say less than that!).

I've been having trouble with motivation. I'm thinner than I've been in about 25 years. I'm the slimmest one in my immediate family for the first time in my life (yes, not fair -- Dayan's preggers). But this is so doable! And I know it is! And I know what it takes to stay on -- be involved, actively, purposefully involved; journal; live the BeSlim philosophy; track; get enough sleep; drink enough water; be willing to be held accountable.
Diana

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal