December 2006 Monthly Specials

Check in for our Monthly Specials.

December 2006 Monthly Specials

Postby Nancy » December 1st, 2006, 9:58 am

What a glorious fall we’ve had!
I raked up the last of the golden maple leaves this week and assisted my husband Terry as he strung the lights across the front of the MakeMeThinner cottage. The tree is up and the Lionel train puffs along the tracks and encircles the tree and the sofa in the family room.

As Christmas approaches, we take time to pause and reflect on all that we have to be thankful for – faith, family and our dear MakeMeThinner friends.

It appears that winter is upon us – airline flights are :x cancelled due to a December 1st snowstorm.

Before the hubbub continues and leaves you :redhead: frenzied, set aside some time to relax with your family and friends.

Holiday gatherings need not be a challenge for waist watchers when we can serve great-tasting portion controlled Medifast beverages.

For drop-in guests, we keep a basket on the counter stocked with Soy Crisps, Oatmeal Raisin and Lemon Bars, Chai Latte, Hot Cocoa, and Cranberry Mango Tea - Yes! It tastes great served hot like mulled cider – add a cinnamon stick and a dash of nutmeg and you are good to slurp!

~ Ho, Ho, Oh Boy! Here are the Medifast / Take Shape For Life December Specials ~

Hot Cocoa (Item #57300) Sale priced at $10.25 a box (regularly $12.75)

There’s nothing more satisfying on a chilly day than a nice, warm mug of Medifast Hot Cocoa. With only 110 calories and 14 grams of protein, our rich Hot Cocoa is a great alternative to a Medifast shake. Medifast Hot Cocoa provides you with 24 vitamins and minerals per serving, while containing only 1 gram of fat.

:secret: I know the directions on the box say to add hot water and stir but my experience is the Hot Cocoa is best when stirred into cool water and then heated. Add a dash of cinnamon or some sugar free DaVinci Toasted Marshmallow syrup. Try it with a teaspoon of instant coffee to make a marvelous mocha. Yummuh! :thumbsup:

The Hot Cocoa can also be made in a blender with crushed ice and whirled around like a smoothie. Add a dash of instant coffee for a delicious Frappuccino drink.
(Hot Cocoa is soy-free and contains whey protein and is perfect for breakfast for people who take thyroid medication.)

Banana Pudding (Item #72850) sale priced at $10.75 a box (regularly $12.65)

Oh, yeah, the Medifast Nanner Puddin’ is the kids’ favorite snack – smooth and creamy. This is a meal replacement item and you may want to try having it mid-morning or in the late evening as your 5th Medifast meal of the day. It has 14 grams of protein and only about 1 gram of fat. This rich pudding is a good source of Vitamins A, C, E and K and is rich in Calcium and Vitamin D.

We like to make Puddin’ Parfaits – we mix up a batch of each flavor of pudding and alternate layers in a crystal goblet. Top with a small (note the operative word ‘small’) dollop of Fat Free Cool Whip – it’s delectable!

* while supplies last
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » December 1st, 2006, 11:46 am

Yay!

Cocoa for when it's cold! I love it!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » December 1st, 2006, 12:11 pm

Yippeee! Two of my favorites!
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby JeepGirl » December 3rd, 2006, 8:26 pm

Yippeeeee Hot Cocoa!! Just in time!!!
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » December 8th, 2006, 1:46 am

Hey DeDe, Kanani and Jeep Girl, try Hot Cocoa with a teensy (I mean a TEENSY!) droplet of peppermint extract - it is really good that way.

The only problem with mint extract is that it is easy to get too much and if so, it burns your nose hairs out and the taste buds right off your tongue. I usually dip a toothpick into the stuff and then drip the droplet into the Cocoa or a Dutch Choc shake.

I shake my Cocoa in a shaker jar with cold water. Once it is well-mixed, I take the lid off and nuke for a minute, stir and nuke for another 15-25 seconds. Yummuh! :toast:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Mike » December 8th, 2006, 3:04 am

I promise... the mini mixer is the way to go. Just nuke the water and add the powder and mix with the mixer for 5-8 seconds.... its not messy and it mixes thoroughly.

www dot prohealth dot com and search for Mixer (Hand Mixer)

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby Nancy » December 8th, 2006, 5:00 am

Hey, Mike! That's that cool little whipper doodle you used for our Chai Lattes when we had the slumber party in our condo at Sundance!

That is really a neat gizzy - it made the drinks very frothy and certainly was a snap to clean. I liked it - think I'll order a couple of them.

BTW, you are doing so great with your weight loss - we are proud of you!
Last edited by Nancy on December 9th, 2006, 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Mike » December 8th, 2006, 4:40 pm

Thanks Nancy, although I have been stalled for a while. I appreciate the positivity.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby Nancy » December 9th, 2006, 12:54 am

Mike ~

You are making a downward trend - that is good! :hi5:

Please know that stalls can appear when we have a lot going on - remember :snooze: rest is important and when life is full, :whattha: stress hormones can affect weight loss.

Our weight loss can also stall when we get a little :no: too generous with portions, fail to :water: drink water or :eat: eat on time - I am guilty of all those things!

You're doing great, Mike and we are confident that you will make it to your goal. We're walking alongside of you! :stroll: :stroll: :stroll:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Monthly Specials