Day Three and my first temptation overcome..

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Day Three and my first temptation overcome..

Postby msmac0905 » January 5th, 2005, 7:16 pm

Hello. It's day 3 of MF for me. Up until today, no food temptations had occured. My 3 year old was content to eat fast food w/her father, leaving me to bake chicken for myself. Today I had to prepare a meal, one of our favorites, Hamburger Helper (Stroganoff). I was so tempted to lick the spoon. Instead, while preparing that, I went to the Microwave and prepared a packet of Chicken noodle soup. I know this doesn't sound like much, but it is a mental victory for me!! I feel like I can do this!! :D Looking forward to first weigh-in (I think) ;)
201.5 12/31/2004 (2 days before beginning MF)
msmac0905

Hello

Postby NikkiNix » January 5th, 2005, 9:45 pm

Hello Msmac,

That's awesome!,everyday you stay the course is a victory and that is an incredible hurddle to leap. I think for many of us taking that one lick throws us off course I know it has for me in the past. Making dinner for family is so hard the aroma of the food,watching everyone else stuff their face while you sit by with your chickey noodle ( even though I'm sure it was good). I give it to ya sister, good job, and no lickey the stogenoff spoons. :lol:

Nikki Nix
NikkiNix
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » January 6th, 2005, 1:22 am

msmac ~

your victory becomes our victory - if she can do it, Kids, YOU can do it!

Day 4 is on its way and you are on your weigh to a thinner day! :mrgreen:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby LadyinVA » January 6th, 2005, 7:05 am

Hello msmac,

Way to go. I know it is hard to stick to the program while we are cooking meals for the rest of the family!

The biggest temptations I am dealing with is when my kids make microwave popcorn (that is my sons favorite snack). It about kills me to smell that popcorn and not want to eat some of it. Getting through dinner preparation has been a breeze compared to that. But so far so good. As long as the scale keeps moving I think I can handle. The problem will be when that slows down, Im afraid I will become much weaker....but here's to staying the course.
Shari
Start Date 12/28/04
218/189/160
Psalms 37:4
LadyinVA
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » January 6th, 2005, 9:50 am

:shock: Oh, my!

I can't even stand looking at those two words: :twisted: Micro Popcorn...
:twisted:
As you read through my Newsletters you'll discover that my usual evening meal was two bags (count them, one-two) of Butterlicious Microwave Popcorn WITH a HALF CUBE of melted butter added to EACH bag of Butterlicious...no wonder I weighed 265 pounds, eh?

I could not shop at Target, KMart or go to a movie for nearly a year because of the nasal attack of Popcorn...

If I were you, I'd ask the teenager to help you by not making it in your nasal presence - eat it after school when you are not home, turn on the fan, spray with air freshener, open the back door, etc. Place the bag with it's nasal-triggers into another plastic bag and take it directly to the trash bin outside so you don't have to see it or smell it!

I am serious! :shades:

:secret: Also...check out Psalm 37:5 - that's how you will make it to your goal: COMMITMENT. Trust. He will make a way for you. When you are tempted to do damage to your eating plan, look for the way of escape and then take it! :runner:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby explorthis » January 6th, 2005, 10:09 am

Psalm 37:5 Commit your way to the LORD trust in him and he will do this

Guido 70:1 (for Medifast 70) Commitith your (shaker) cup to the pouch, trust in it’s proven abilities, and ye shall lose the masses.

AMEN!
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby msmac0905 » January 6th, 2005, 11:26 am

Thanks so much for all the support!! It makes me feel better knowing that I am not the only one who suffers from these temptations !! Thanks for the spiritual reference too!! It'll take quite a bit of devine intervention as I enter my first weekend on MF when McDonald's abounds in my household!! Here's to the first of many committed weekends. Happy shaking to all!!

:goteam:
201.5 12/31/2004 (2 days before beginning MF)
msmac0905

Postby explorthis » January 6th, 2005, 11:49 am

as I enter my first weekend on MF when McDonald's abounds in my household!!

I have written snippets before regarding fast coffin nail foodies (Nancy’s word – foodies) I was/am still the shopper in the house with regards to food. We used to be the (and I emphasize USED) fast food family 3-4-5 nights a week. 2 parents working, it’s hard to come home, and cook, and spend quality time with the family. Since I was the shopper, and the drive thru Dad, and I was not having it anymore, neither was the family. Huh? Says my teen daughter, this is not fair. Well, says Dad, you want to look like me when you’re my age? Try and convince a skin and bone teenage girl she will ever be fat, next to impossible. Bottom line, they pitched a fit, I stood my ground. I allow (yes I am the Dictator – but a fair one) Friday or Saturday night as the “out night” for drive through, or Pizza, or what they want.

A year later… (my maintenance thus far) Now Saturday nights are a treat, as Mom and the teen gleefully debate over what they are having for “fast food night” They got over it. The 3 year old does not care; she just goes with the flow. Long as there is something resembling “chicken and ranch” (any Mom’s out there know how ranch affects kids?) she is content. They rarely ask for a deviation from Saturday night. Occasionally (rarely) there will be a second night, and we (they) will get something else. Heck, fix me a 12 pound salad, and 20 minutes later, who remembers how it compared to the Big-Mac? Your taste buds don’t remember, but your middle section does!! Food is food in the stomach, as long as it is full, it has no memory of taste.

Call me the Dictator, I am. I struggled my entire life as an obese FAT boy. No more and not my kids, not on my watch.

My habit is their habit now. (lol - like they have a choice?)

Interestingly enough, over a year later they are still alive, and still happy with what they get. I make for the most part healthy meals, sometimes there is a deviation, most times not.

Make the choice now, this voids all temptation.

-The Dictator.
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis

Postby Triskets » January 6th, 2005, 5:36 pm

LadyinVA -

I have another idea for you on the "popcorn" thing. Whenever you are tempted by the smell of the nuked popcorn, nuke another bag and leave it cooking so it burns a little. I GUARNTEE you it will put you off micro popcorn!

Explorethis -

Your comment "Food is food in the stomach, as long as it is full, it has no memory of taste." Is really good. I will remember that.

Thanks!
Trish
Pound by pound my weight is coming down!
Start over 2/9/2008
268/252
Triskets
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » January 6th, 2005, 10:33 pm

Triskets ~

What a gr8 idea! Burned popcorn IS skanky. :x
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby LadyinVA » January 7th, 2005, 5:21 am

Triskets,

What a great idea :lol:

That would definitely get rid of the popcorn temptation!
Shari
Start Date 12/28/04
218/189/160
Psalms 37:4
LadyinVA
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby RiaIsBackForTheFinal15 » January 7th, 2005, 8:02 am

Funny! I used to associate popcorn with the movies so since starting Medifast I have may seen three movies! But then I always take a bar and smell my perfumed wrists while I am rushing past the popcorn stands to my seat.
RiaIsBackForTheFinal15

Postby Guest » January 7th, 2005, 9:19 am

Congrats msmac on resisting temptation!

At the moment my worst temptation is in the morning. Pre-Medifast I would have a large glass of orange juice (either calcium-enriched, or fresh squeezed; I live in California and I LOVE fresh-squeezed OJ) and oatmeal (with maple syrup, made with soy milk) for breakfast.

I still have my oatmeal, but now it's the Medifast oatmeal, and it's fine even without the maple syrup. But man, I miss that orange juice! I've taken to having a can of diet Fresca in its place, but that's one thing I'll be pleased to have back when this is done.

On to Day 5!

Postby 24KaratGold » January 7th, 2005, 9:27 am

That above-post was me. I switched browers, because the AOL browser won't let me post, and didn't realize I wasn't logged in.
24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

O.J., and I don't mean OJ Simpson...

Postby Nancy » January 7th, 2005, 10:23 am

24 Karat Gold ~

Before Medifast, my neighbor drank a quart of OJ every morning for breakfast. He also had extreme gastric reflux.

He was dangerously overweight and hypertensive to the max...we got him using MF, he lost 75 # and looks so good and feels so good he has become a Health Advisor now.

He missed his OJ the first month or so, too. It had been his habit to drink it for over 20 years. He discovered Crystal Light's sugar free “Sunrise” flavor drink mix. It is really tasty and now he substitutes that for his morning OJ.

Crystal Light is a sugar–free product. It does contain Aspartame…some people do not do well with Aspartame. The ready-made Crystal Light that comes in the bottles contains sucralose sweetener (also known as SPLENDA) instead of Aspartame but “Sunrise” is available only in the powdered mix.

I also like the Pineapple Orange, Strawberry-Kiwi and Raspberry Ice flavors.

Crystal Light is a super shake additive – put 8 ounces of water in the shaker jar or a blender, you’re your packet of MF shake mix, add 1/8 – ¼ teaspoon of the Crystal Light powder mix and shake-a shake-a or blend it up and add ice. Tropical paradise! I like to use the CL to enhance and richen the flavors of the MF Strawberry and the Orange Crème shakes. MF’s French Vanilla shake is also a good base for the fruity flavors; Dutch Choc is also excellent mixed with CL’s Raspberry Ice flavor drink mix – it’s a Choc Raspberry blast!

5 calories and 0 grams of carbohydrate per 8 fluid ounce serving.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Next

Return to Come on in.