A day at the beach....

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

A day at the beach....

Postby Lois » June 27th, 2004, 7:08 pm

Hi.....

Living in Philadelphia, our family can hop in the car and be at a NJ beach in 2 hours. It's one of our favorite summer activities.

Today was my FIRST BEACH DAY ON MF 8)

We left the house at 11am, after I had a shake. I packed three RTDs, 2 bottles of seltzer (1 liter each), and a little bag of celery for myself....

It was GREAT. The weather was beautiful and we had a great time in the water and the sand with our kids (we have five, ages 7 to 17).

I packed sandwiches, drinks, etc. for the family....saving us time and money, and sparing me the temptation of fast food resturants.

On the way home, we stopped to get ice cream for the kids, and I was SO PLEASED with myself for doing so well that I wasn't even tempted to cheat...not even one little lick :angel:

When I got home I made some MF soup with a little chopped brocolli in it and had a diet soda.

I thought this might be an encouragement to others who are going on day trips this summer. IT IS POSSIBLE IF YOU PLAN AHEAD!!!!! ;)

hugs to all,

Lois
Lois
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby MomJackieLee » June 27th, 2004, 7:27 pm

Such a good idea. I will probably take my son to the local water park this week (season pass holders) and will make ahead shakes & thermos of boullion (still like it even when it is hot) with my crudites platter (celery and a bit of cauliflower with fat free ranch) and my medifast crackers & peanut butter bar. May even mix in a tomato fastsoup with the boullion. Now I'm fired up for a day trip!!! :shades:
MomJackieLee
246/222/160
MomJackieLee
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Lois » June 27th, 2004, 7:32 pm

Oh Jackie, you are always such a LOVE :heart: I'm glad that I could give you a little boost, since your posts never fail to help and inspire me.

Have HEAPS of fun with your son at the water park 8) !!!

hugs,

Lois
Lois
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby MomJackieLee » June 29th, 2004, 8:02 pm

We made it to the water park today and I made it through with my RTD (over ice with Canfield's diet choc soda - spread out over an hour/kept adding diet soda), my raw veggies and fat free ranch dip, sugar free jello, MF crackers and pickles. My son & friends had regular picnic fare of sandwich & chips but I have switched them to lowfat chips, light bread, sf jello/pudding. It's all about small changes...By the time I'm eating all meals w/ family again they will be eating mostly healthy (sneaky) :hmmm: :hide:
MomJackieLee
246/222/160
MomJackieLee
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to Weight Loss