Day one and a little confused...

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Day one and a little confused...

Postby justme » June 15th, 2004, 7:55 am

Okay I must be losing :roll: it I have read over and over all of the info since I had to wait awhile for my shipment to get here...now I am getting all nervous or something...ok I am doing the full fast...does that mean I can still have the free foods (bullion and celery) or is that just for the modified plan...I hope someone can help because I want to stick to this plan and not eat the wrong thing. Thank you so much!!

Carli
Start Date June 15, 2004

253.5/247.5/140
justme

Postby Carrie » June 15th, 2004, 8:16 am

Hi Carli,

It's ok to be confused - we all are at some point or another.

You may use the pickles, celery, boullion etc. I think it's 3pc. of celery a day, dipped in salt is good. And I think you can have a couple pickles. Go ahead and use it all those first few days, you're gonna need it. I needed all the extras for the first while, but now I rarely need them. Also, you may want to leave the option open of using extra MF meals those first few days. If you're starving have another shake, it's better than going crazy and going off the program. I think on one ofmy first days I had 8 supplements. And pay attention to your body, sometimes I NEED my next meal after only 2 1/2 hours, instead of waiting the full 3.

Push through those first few days and it should get much easier. Good Luck!
Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby justme » June 16th, 2004, 6:01 am

Thank you so much for responding so fast! Whoa, I was really having a hard time during my first day and when I got home I had a cup of bouillon...I felt soooo much better! Thank you for your encouragement! ;)

Carli
Start Date June 15, 2004

253.5/247.5/140
justme

Postby Carrie » June 16th, 2004, 6:09 am

Carli,

A lot of times when you first start out the extra sodium in the boullion can really perk you up. I keep some at work in case I need it - glad to hear you made it through the day - hang in there - it gets better!
Carrie
Carrie

Postby explorthis » June 16th, 2004, 6:26 am

I hope someone can help because I want to stick to this plan and not eat the wrong thing.

Carli, welcome to you. I see you and Carrie are about the same stat’s (from where Carrie began) Look at her progress!!!

Understand, this is a LIFE change. It is something you are not used to. You are going from your normal “eat what you want, when you want regimen” to a Medifasting halt! Bam – new way of dealing with food, and the way we think about it. Medifast is mind over matter, truly. It will take you a week+ to get started acclimating your body, and brain. Since you are not eating anymore (with few tiny exceptions as Carrie said) your brain is telling your stomach there is something wrong. It is a NEW HABIT. I promise with my heart, if you only are strong for just a little while, TRULY give Medifast a chance, you will be hooked, and doing the table top dance (ask Carrie about this part) and seeing weight drop PROPERLY for the first time, weight that will not come back.

The support you will get here, if you are honest with us, and espically yourself is worth more than any shrink you can pay $100 an hour for. Trust me. We have all been right in your shoes, and understand what you’re going through.

No matter how hard you might think it is, you can and will succeed, if only you give yourself a chance.

Keep us posted. I promise this is the last stop in your weight loss!!!

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Ria » June 16th, 2004, 11:04 am

Mike I finally Believe ...you.
Ria
Ria
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby explorthis » June 16th, 2004, 12:29 pm

Ria wrote:Mike I finally Believe ...you.

GASP - you mean there is some one out there that DOUBTED the word I profess? Naa, say it ain't so...

Gotta go reach for a tissue........ Tito-------> pass me a tissue.

-Mike
explorthis

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » June 16th, 2004, 12:46 pm

Hi justme! :wave:

Being a newbie too (I'm on Day 16), I too was a little dazed and confused at first even after reading the quickstart handbook. :scratch: Reading all of the posts on this forum helped greatly. I've put together a synopsis of my understanding which I hope will help. Please correct me anyone if I am wrong on any of the following. :secret:

First, the correct terms for the 2 types of programs to choose from when doing this diet are:

1. COMPLETE (also known as Full Fast) which in Nancy's words means "No REGULAR food". You have the medifast (MF) supplements to total 5-7 supplements per day or more if necessary which consist of MF shakes (you must have 3 shakes a day at least), MF bars, MF soups, MF oatmeal, MF chili, MF hot cocoa, etc.
In addition, you can have each day 2 cups boullion, 2 pickles, MF fast soups, MF crackers, diet soda, sugar-free drinks, coffee, and WATER WATER WATER (you should drink at least 64oz of water each day to rinse out all that fat you are losing)

2. MODIFIED (also known as the 5 and 1) which is all of the above except
only 5 MF supplements plus 1 REGULAR food meal consisting of a low-fat meat choice and a salad or vegetable serving.

I'm doing the complete or full-fast program, :guzzle:
and I've also elected to weigh only at the beginning of each month to keep me from the disappointments of the scale variations that can occur day to day. :x

The first week can be tough but keep your grip and you'll gonna feel terrific in no time. :exercise:

Also, we are not in a race here to lose weight. I made a comment in support of someone who had fallen off the wagon recently of "it's just the falls in the race". This was a bad analogy as I think some might have thought I was implying we are all in competition. Not at all. It's just a phrase I use for any downfalls. The race I'm referring to is mostly likely the rat race. Again, bad analogy. :uhuh: My apologies for anyone who misunderstood my message. :oops:

Jump in justme! The water's GREAT! Not that I'm in my swimsuit - not yet - but I'll get there!!! Good luck and much success to you! :byebye:

Camille
hawaiiwhatnot

Postby Carrie » June 16th, 2004, 1:05 pm

Camille-

Sounds like you've got a good grip on what's goin' on.

Keep shakin' girl!

Carrie
Carrie

Postby explorthis » June 16th, 2004, 1:41 pm

First of all, this is an excellent grasp of the general program – GREAT JOB!

5-7 supplements per day or more if necessary which consist of MF shakes

Yes. In the beginning, it’s most hard. Remember, your going from 100mph (all food, all day) to basically 5-7mph (5-7 shakes a day) DEAD STOP in your tracks. The brain and belly think they have been robbed of what they are used to. When you begin, you think you are so hungry; you are not sure what is going on. As time progresses and I promise it will, you will get used to 7 then 6 then probably 5 shakes, realizing, your brain is telling you it is not as hungry. It’s mind over matter. The point in my opinion of the added shakes is of course hunger (at first) but so you reach for the shake, and not the cheeseburger. Hunger will subside, not too long into the program – trust me.

In addition, you can have each day 2 cups bouillon

This should be changed to SHOULD have 2 cups. You are (will be) missing the needed sodium in your body, and this will definitely help with any dizziness you might experience. Additionally these 2 cups can really help stave off the hunger in the evening, when you become relaxed, and tend to what to go shopping in the fridge.

sugar-free drinks

Yes, all Zero’s across the board, with exception to sodium. Be cautious about Sorbitol (artificial sweetener) that does not agree with bellies with no food in them – trust me – this was a HUGE mistake I made)

Great job!

-Mike
explorthis

Postby Carrie » June 16th, 2004, 1:50 pm

Mike is definitely RIGHT about the first few days of hungriness. I confess that I actually LICKED the boullion envelope. Something I never thought I'd do. Don't worry, it's not nearly so bad now, LOL
Carrie

Postby explorthis » June 16th, 2004, 2:18 pm

I confess that I actually LICKED the boullion envelope.

Better to do this, and actually admit it, than to admit (common everyone admit it) licking/biting the cheeseburger wrapper to get every shred of melted cheese off of it!!! (whoops) was I the only one that did this?

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... Admit it.

-Mike
explorthis

Postby MomJackieLee » June 16th, 2004, 2:49 pm

The support you will get here, if you are honest with us, and espically yourself is worth more than any shrink you can pay $100 an hour for.

:point: Sorry to break it to you, Mike, but we shrinks don't pull in quite that much... Maybe one day when I can open my own practice...
And we usually need support, too.

Yep, I'm a shrink... :scratchhead: Seven years of higher education to make $15k LESS per year than I did as an accountant. But I do now love my job and my stress level is outta here. My weight will soon be outta here to and I can finally match my outside to how I feel inside.
MomJackieLee
246/222/160
MomJackieLee
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » June 16th, 2004, 2:51 pm

Ok, pre MF, I'm WAS a member of the good to the last lick club. :lol:

Thanks Mike, you're one my heros here so your comments mean a lot!

BTW, speaking of boullion, I had vegetable boullion the other day for a change from the chicken and beef and OH MY GOSH did I get the urgents, also known as the volcanic whoppies, trots, thunderbutt, riding the porcelain Honda, and gotta go gotta go gotta go right now! Because it was made from real vegetables, I suppose it was a tinsy bit too much fiber at this stage. Well, my clock was cleaned to say the least. Must have been it because that was the only thing different I've been fueling on. This is a rather odd thing to share :shock: but hope it helps others.

Thanks to you too Carrie. Everytime I get the urge to reach for regular food, I tell myself "GET A GRIP!!!" :no:

Oh, one other thing I wanted to share was what Oprah's trainer told her on her show one day. He said that feeling you get in your stomach when you feel it's empty and you really need to eat, is actually the feeling of LOSING WEIGHT!!! That has helped me a lot when I get that stirring feeling and I get encouraged by it instead of thinking I should really eat something!!!

Later Shakers,
Camille
hawaiiwhatnot

Postby Unca_Tim » June 16th, 2004, 4:07 pm

Hi All,

hawaiiwhatnot wrote:1. COMPLETE (also known as Full Fast) which in Nancy's words means "No REGULAR food". You have the medifast (MF) supplements to total 5-7 supplements per day or more if necessary which consist of MF shakes (you must have 3 shakes a day at least), MF bars, MF soups, MF oatmeal, MF chili, MF hot cocoa, etc.
In addition, you can have each day 2 cups boullion, 2 pickles, MF fast soups, MF crackers, diet soda, sugar-free drinks, coffee, and WATER WATER WATER (you should drink at least 64oz of water each day to rinse out all that fat you are losing)

2. MODIFIED (also known as the 5 and 1) which is all of the above except
only 5 MF supplements plus 1 REGULAR food meal consisting of a low-fat meat choice and a salad or vegetable serving.

Exactamundo...except i'll add for "bars", only 1 per day.
Happy shakin',
:cheers:
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Next

Return to Weight Loss