Day 2 - Going great!

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Day 2 - Going great!

Postby luna » November 6th, 2004, 1:18 pm

I posted part of this in a PM to another newbie and decided I'd share with the group.

I'm happy to report Day 2 is going fine so far and is nothing as bad as I feard it would be. Honestly, I'm experiencing about the same level of hunger/tiredness as on Day 1, which was not too bad at all! Hopefully this bodes well for Day 3.

I've had 3 "meals" so far today (oatmeal, shake and bar). I have 2 more shakes to get in sometime today and I'm planning one of the soups for dinner. I bought sugarfree jello, pickles and bouillon to help fill in the gaps, but so far I haven't had to use them. knock wood

I've been really pleasantly surprised so far by the taste of the foods. I especially like the way the shakes taste when I make them in the blender with ice (I can't recommend enough my new blender that comes with a cup attachment that allows you to blend directly in the cup).

I'll have a weight loss to post in tomorrow's roll call! Of course, I know it's water weight, but it will still give me a little thrill to be able to take part.

--Cissy
luna

Postby Simmshe » November 6th, 2004, 8:10 pm

Good for you Cissy :)!

Welcome to you and all of the newbies!! I haven't been around much lately to post on the forum regularly (although I do visit the forum daily), but moving into a new place and securing new freelance projects have effectively taken up much of my free time lately. So, sorry with my late welcomes!

I'm glad that you have gotten through Day 2 without a hitch. Be on the lookout on Day 3--this one (and/or Day 4) can be real doozies! It seems like the brain/body makes it's last stance for food, a valiant stance at that. From reading your other posts, it's obvious that you have done your homework and are well prepared. It really does get easier after the first few days, as I'm sure you have heard others say.

I also wanted to say that I understand how you feel about having such a long way to go--my highest weight from a few years ago was 385lbs. When I used to think about needing to lose 230lbs, it seemed like it just could never be done and was quite demoralizing (and let me say that I wish that I knew about Medifast back in 1998/1999!). But you'll get there, and it won't take years of your life to reach your goal, as it would with most other weight loss plans. Hang tough and rejoice in your small victories that will all add up to big ones! But your body will let go of so much weight during this first month, especially, that your beginning victories will be big, not small. And it's not just victories on the scale, but being disciplined to stick to our plans that are also big victories.
Again, welcome, and here's to a phenomenal first week :cheers:!

Sheryl
Restart: 5/01/05
333/280/155

Original start: 7/13/04-12/12/04
High weight (1997): 386lbs

Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure--Confucius
Simmshe
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby luna » November 6th, 2004, 8:58 pm

Simmshe wrote:Be on the lookout on Day 3--this one (and/or Day 4) can be real doozies! It seems like the brain/body makes it's last stance for food, a valiant stance at that.

Thanks for the warning! I'll be extra vigilant.

--Cissy
luna

Postby Nancy » November 6th, 2004, 10:26 pm

Simmshe gave you such great advice! She's quite an encourager!

Yes, the next day or so could find you mixing another shake or two in that magic blender of yours. Remember, if you get hungry, just have another shake. You should be having 6-7 Medimeals if you are on the complete program.

Keep up the good work! Drink a load of :water:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Weight Loss