Cyd

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby summergirl » April 19th, 2008, 9:37 am

I'm sad about your friend, too :cry: I unfortunately, can see her logic. But give it time. I had a slow week or so, but then last week had a decent week. I don't expect much, if any this week due to my errors. And I'm ok with that. I wish she'd stick to it. My friend that I'm doing this with is still going strong. We text each other throughout our days, checking in to see how we're doing and encouraging each other, etc... It sure helps me get through the day. Even something as simple as what each of us are having for our next meal. It's sort of entertaining!

I, also don't weigh on the right day. I've started weighing sundays, because of roll call. But I "officially" started on a Tuesday, so I always weigh on Tuesdays, for my official loss for the week! :sweet

Good luck to you with continuing. I'm trying to keep on with the motivation, although lately I've stalled out. I lost 16.8 in my first month, so that's nothing to sneeze at. I'm still happy with it, although I had hoped to lose 20. It still is a good amount for a month. When I did WW for multiple months, I struggled to lose TEN!!!

I'll continue with my posting in the Memorial Day thread, too!

PS-is your name Cydne? One of my coworkers is named Cydne, and I've never seen anyone spell it the same way! :mrgreen:
summergirl
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby summergirl » April 20th, 2008, 4:02 pm

Cyd- Where are you!? I can't wait to hear your results this week. I had a rough one, but I'm still holding out hope for you! ;)
summergirl

Postby cydj21 » April 20th, 2008, 5:22 pm

I'm here! :D Unfortunately, my weigh-in day is Monday and I don't have access to my scale today so my numbers are still up in the air. I am cautiously optimistic for another big week. Yesterday we spent about an hour walking the dog, covered 3 miles fairly briskly so because I am still in week 2 I upped my protein and veggies at dinner time. I'm used to being a lot more active so I had to remind myself not to do the entire 6 mile trail we were walking on, but it felt really great to get out there moving and enjoy the sunshine.

Summer - my name is actually Cynthia. I was always called Cindy as a kid and that eventually morphed into Cyd around the era of the Scream movies (Neve Campbell's character was Sidney) when my best friend's little siblings started calling me Cyd and it snowballed from there. :lol:

Tonight we are just lying low, enjoying the rest of our weekend together. Man this long distance thing is getting crappy! Plus, it makes for a 2+ hour drive in the morning to work for me, but it's worth it for the extra time on Sunday evenings together. I will be all over the boards tomorrow with my numbers for the week - fingers crossed they are good ones!
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby cydj21 » April 21st, 2008, 10:54 am

Um. I lost a total 0.6lbs this week. Wow. I am definitely not amused. It is only week two so I did not expect a slow down of that magnitude. It makes absolutely zero sense to me. Zero. Zilch. Nada. With that said, I am just trying really hard not to think about it, but I am fairly sure that could have potentially blown my spring goal deadlines. Oh well. This week is another week and I just had an excellent L/G lunch so away I go.
Cyd
cydj21

Postby DogMa » April 21st, 2008, 12:37 pm

Sorry about your friend, Cyd, and sorry about the slow week. They do happen, though, even early on. There are any number of reasons, too. Hang in there, and you'll probably see an extra-big loss the next time. It's probably just water, or lack of sleep, or hormones or pretty much anything.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby summergirl » April 21st, 2008, 12:39 pm

I was expecting a 6 pound loss, my dear! Sorry to hear that. I had a rough weekend (of my own doing). I am back on today and trying to follow every rule there is! 8)

I need to amp up the water consumption and make sure I get in all my meals , with no extras! :oops:

I am nervous about our spring goal, also. But we gotta just keep on keeping on! I really want to make your turkey meatloaf sometime this week. I need to plan ahead and shop for all the stuff. That would be a meal to look forward to, for sure!

Here's to you having a great week-I will try to get on regularly and check in, as well. But congrats to you for your loss-at least you didn't gain (like I did)

Summer :D
summergirl

Postby lifelovinaries » April 21st, 2008, 8:35 pm

cyd, don't let it discourage you. Things slow down then speed up again. We can't control the scale or how our body chooses to react that week but we can control what we put into our mouths. Hang in there lady, a .6 loss beats a gain ANY DAY!

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby cydj21 » April 22nd, 2008, 8:11 am

Hi! :D I know I've been quiet the last day or so, but I had to lick my wounds a bit. ;) With that said - I really do think hormones could be playing a role. I am not bloated (nothing feels tight and my scale tracks hydration levels so it is really easy to tell if I am retaining water), but I've started my period about a week early as of this morning which is highly unusal because I am on the pill and have been for a long time for regulation purposes. Clearly, even despite not being bloated, something is not 100% in line in the hormone department or I wouldn't be off schedule here so I am opting to latch until that as the culprit.

I've always been excellent at staying compliant. I think that may explain my MF success more than anything else - I simply do not stray from course once I am on. I feel so good right now, very energetic, upbeat, healthy and I haven't had any cravings since the first couple of days so I have no reason not to just stay optimistic that I am in store for a big drop here in the next week or so. I have also started to front load my calories earlier in the day...I have my L/G for lunch on week days (it's easier than watching coworkers eat lunch), I have my bar in the afternoon as opposed to the evening, and I try to have shakes instead of other meals if I feel full and/or satisfied. I am definitely more aware of those small elements of the program than I was before.

I am confident I will start to lose again soon. In the meantime, I thank you all for rallying in there to keep me upbeat. It certainly helps! 8)
Cyd
cydj21

Postby aquarianskye » April 22nd, 2008, 9:25 am

Hey lady! A loss is a loss right? And you definitely have the right attitude going on. And, just so you know, my body (tom) went a little wonky when I got on plan. Just blame it on starting the plan.

Good for you to keep on trucking. Here's to an awesome, ON PLAN kind of day!
Skye
285/233.2/170?
as of 4/8/09
aquarianskye
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby lifelovinaries » April 22nd, 2008, 2:02 pm

I guess i am in the crazy TOM club too. Mine has been a little "off" for 3 months now. It probably had something to do with 2 of those months being a prescription change. Well now that i am back to my old bc prescription, it's now that TOM and the scale is telling me so.

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby ladyhawke » April 22nd, 2008, 4:09 pm

When TOM goes home you will have a good loss, so stay compliant and when it DOES happen you will think "Gee, that wasn't so bad"
ladyhawke
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby cydj21 » April 22nd, 2008, 5:20 pm

I guess the funny thing is I know I am not retaining water because my rings are sloppy and my hydration level on the scale is constant - it usually goes up during TOM. With that said - hormones are tricky so one never can tell what is going on. I feel good and really energized so I am just looking forward to a nice reward on the scale one of these days.

And, yes, any loss is a loss, not a gain, so I will take that any day.

Thanks so much, ladies! :D
Cyd
cydj21

Postby cydj21 » April 23rd, 2008, 2:27 pm

Well, I'm still here! Where the heck is everyone else? lol

I haven't let the massive/annoying/awful/unfair slowdown of last week stray me from course this week. Last night we took another long stroll with the dogs and that always feels nice to get outside in the evening. Regardless of the number at Monday's weigh-in, I believe next week I may get my butt back in the gym. I'm thinking I may just go to a 6/1 and get back to my 5x a week workouts. I am not entirely pleased with my progress so far, and I have an urge to be jogging and sweating so I might up the calories and get back to being a bit of a fitness machine.

I don't know...I'm definitely upbeat over all, but in the back of my mind is this confusion over what the hell is going on right now and why my body seems to be holding onto the weight with such great vigor. I have been very careful to watch the excercise (I haven't been to the gym in over two weeks!) and none of our evening walks as of late have even caused me to break a sweat or feel winded so I know it hasn't been a strain on my system - the one day (Saturday) that I knew I probably pushed it too far to stick to a straight 5/1 I added extra protein and veggies in my L/G and think I compensated quite well so I am convinced I'm not into the range of too large of a calorie deficit. I never miss MF meals, I make sure to keep the L/G in the range and the people at the gym probably think I dropped off the face of the earth.

At any rate, this is largely just me thinking out loud, but any thoughts anyone has would be much appreciated. Hope everyone is having a fantastic Wednesday!

And to all of the lurkers out there - come back! It's TOO quiet around here! Enough is enough. :lol:
Cyd
cydj21

Postby summergirl » April 23rd, 2008, 8:44 pm

Way to go! I've been really thinking about trying to get in some consistent walking. Went to walk the mall on sunday-it's so rainy here, walking outdoors with a baby isn't practical! But, of course I ended up in the Sephora store as well as The Body Shop! But not at any food vendors!! :lol: Could be worse!

I feel positive about your loss. I am hoping that it's the TOM issue. I, personally, am a few days late and hoping with all I've got that it is due to MF..... I do have to say, being totally back OP and super duper compliant for the past three days makes me feel great. I really am proud of myself and just being that responsible makes me feel better about how I look, too! I'm planning turkey meatloaf for the weekend. I just get home too darn late to do it during the week! ;)

My friend who is doing MF with me, ended up with some cheese and crackers today. So, we talked about it and got her amped up to stay totally on plan, also! She was explaining how she went to take her daughter to the doc, today and had the "habit" of stopping off to pick something up to eat on the way home. She said she wasn't hungry, but it was a habit. She always hits the drive thru on the way home. It's amazing how we work... I am a SWEETS person. And I feel self conscious about how much I wanted them... I would not eat them until the hubby was out of sight. I always figured he'd be in shock over why I wanted so many cookies or whatever. So, now it's hard for me to remember that just cuz no one can SEE me, I still don't need to be eating those things. For some reason, I was under the impression that if no one saw me eat it, it didn't count! :roll: How wrong I was! Sheesh. Then, I didn't want anyone to see my cuz my BIG clothes were so tight!

ARG :mrgreen:
summergirl

Postby cydj21 » April 24th, 2008, 8:32 am

I would still love input if anyone has it on the exercise thing I wrote about yesterday. :D

And, also, a new realization -
Even if my loss has been slow I feel significantly lighter. Perhaps this feeling of lightness has nothing to do with weight, and in fact I believe that to be the case. Rather, it is a mental/emotional lightness, because I end each day feeling great about how I treated my body that day. I don't have that nagging feeling of "Gosh, I really need to get back at it, why did I eat that cookie?" in the back of my brain. I believe that is why it has also been so easy for me to stay compliant. I have never cheated on MF. It is is a fresh mental and emotional freedom that is invigorating...and I never even realized it until just now. :lol:
Cyd
cydj21

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal