Countertop Food-Steamers -- Holy smokes !

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Countertop Food-Steamers -- Holy smokes !

Postby Karli » February 28th, 2009, 2:01 pm

We just got one today, and I was so excited about it that I decided to have my L&G for lunch just so I could use it to steam my veggies. They were DELICIOUS :shock:. It was really easy to use ! You just cut things up and put whatever takes the longest in first (in my case it was whole mushrooms), and then add to it as the time ticks down. While I was cutting up veggies and adding them to the top steam tray, I was hard-cooking 8 eggs in the lower steam tray for some future L&G ! You can cook meats, tofu (I know, not a lot of tofu fans here) and for loved ones who are NOT on plan or who are in maintenance, you can cook other stuff (like rice or potatoes -- even at the same time as your ENTIRE L&G !!).

Super easy to clean ! Don't have to use ANY kind of cooking oil or spray, and SO GOOD ! Steamers have my official seal of approval and I would recommend them to anybody ! :). No, I don't work for them :-P. But, what a way to stimulate the economy ... and your WHOLE life ... hee hee. Okay, obviously, judging by my level of energy, I am WELL into ketosis ... hee hee :mrgreen: .
Last edited by Karli on February 28th, 2009, 3:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby nickieluv » February 28th, 2009, 2:13 pm

Did you get a certain brand or go to a certain store? I don't know that I've heard of this little appliance before.

:lol: about the keto-energy. :D
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Karli » February 28th, 2009, 2:24 pm

Well, we got an "Oster" and our model was about $30, which isn't nothing, but it's not a huge bank breaker, either. There are probably other types, too. We went to a store called "Bi-Mart" here ... but that is basically kind of a like a small, locally-owned version of WalMart. They probably have them at WalMart or Target or something.

It's kind of like a slow-cooker/crock pot, but it doesn't take that long, it produces heat in 35 SECONDS, and it uses steam, obviously. My whole thing took 25 minutes, and that was mainly the whole mushrooms' fault !
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

looks good

Postby sidrah » March 21st, 2009, 3:38 pm

I plan to get one when I move to the new apt. No point in carrying it back and forth now. I am planning out recipes, so thanks for the note to add ot my book. Steamed stuff is great with Molly McButter.
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Return to What's Shakin'