Holy money drain Batman!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Holy money drain Batman!

Postby BerkshireGrl » October 25th, 2004, 5:07 pm

Ok, after my little tizzy last Friday worrying about the "expense" of Medifast, and reading people here saying it must be cheaper than groceries plus going-out-food plus take-out, I thought I'd find out!

So I tallied up August and September - every PENNY I spent on groceries, take-out, and, um, the "package store." Wow. Keeping in mind these costs are just FOR ME...

August: $509.75
September: $794.53 (LOTS and lots of take-out!!)

Jumping Jehoshaphat!! :shock:

Cripes, it's amazing I managed to gas up the car and pay my rent too! Now I know where a big chunk of extra money I got in September went. Terrifying. And to think I budgeted $200 a month for groceries in my dinky spreadsheet. :uhuh:

Now I can look at it with the Real Life glasses on. That $300/month on Medifast hardly seems like a big deal! Figure I spend maybe $100 more on sundries and my little Lean & Green meals for the month... it's STILL cheaper than before.

Medifast is making me thinner but my wallet fatter :lol:

And I have so much more time at night now that I'm not driving around picking up my "dinner"/heart attack in a box. More time to visit with you guys! Heh!!

Awesome! :yippee:
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » October 25th, 2004, 5:50 pm

Exactly my point! It's painful to figure it out. Most people have no clue how much they really spend on food. That's probably not including the gas expense (now pretty high), nor the cost of social drinking (VERY expensive in Hawaii). Glad you mentioned it Sarah because I think a lot of people hesitate to do MF thinking it's too expensive for them.

We're gettin skinnier as our piggybanks get fatter!
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby explorthis » October 25th, 2004, 6:29 pm

One other wallet-fattening thing to consider… Once off of Medifast, and on maintenance, you will no longer go to the drive-thru-feed-o-meter, paying $10.00 and getting 1 bag of food, that is gone before the next red light, and not to mention (ok lets mention it) the damage it does, or WILL NOT do anymore you and your waistline. Once you’re on the maintenance thing, you will shop smart. Surprisingly, (and take it from the grocery Dad) food bills for good food are way less than the junk food Dad I used to be…. It’s a win-win all around.

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Nancy » October 25th, 2004, 9:56 pm

Thank you for taking the time to do the tally and to post it. Always tell people that they CAN’T afford to not use Medifast!

Now we have a wonderful option coming out – auto ship – and it will mean more savings to our Medifast customers. Terry and I are signing up for it tomorrow.

Since we use some Medifast everyday for weight maintenance and health therapy (Unca use Medifast Plus Joint Health, I use Medifast Plus Women’s Health and Terry scarfs bars and puddin’…)so we are signing up to have our products automatically shipped so we are charged on pay day and they arrive just before the cupboard is bare.

Medifast IS affordable – healthwise and moneywise!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » October 25th, 2004, 10:14 pm

Not to mention the expense of prescription drugs, and major medical procedures down the road such as knee and hip replacements from packing the extra flabbage around for the next 20 years....
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Nancy » October 25th, 2004, 10:52 pm

He's so wise!

Yeah! And remember there are EXTRA LARGE price tags on EXTRA LARGE size clothing...now that we are no longer spending as much on groceries, fast foods and expensive restaurants, Leopard Woman gets to go to the mall more often and buy more leopardy clothes…
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby fedup » October 26th, 2004, 6:49 am

And don't forget the eating out at work. My lunch group used to grab takeout EVERY day.... Say $5 a day (sometimes more...) that's $25 a week and $100 a month just on that 1 thing...
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Return to The Weight Room