Couldn't wait 2 leave Awkward Dinner & log on 4 Inspirat

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Couldn't wait 2 leave Awkward Dinner & log on 4 Inspirat

Postby cthrn007 » February 4th, 2005, 8:17 pm

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone involved with making this website and posting their experience. I have been on Medifast Complete for 1 month now and am down 10 lbs (even though I work out 1/2 my usual routine every day) & couldn't be happier!!

I was on medifast 16 years ago and lost 50 lbs and have kept all but twenty off for 16 years! Boy, it would have been so wonderful to know there were others out there in my situation back then... but there wasn't anything like this.

I can't thank you enough for the inspiriation, motivation & encouragment that I receive often just from sharing others experiences through this site.

I had the most awkward experience with a client and coworkers tonight at Maggianos - when I turned down apps, an adult beverage, the meal and dessert (full fast)! I had to explain to my colleagues, clients, several waiters and two overly concerned managers that I was OK and nothing was wrong with their food... I had just "already eaten" or was on "a diet." All I was thinking about was how I could go home, jazz up my chicken noodle soup with some salsa (lean cuisine) and log on for my usual comforting read!

Long story... but I cannot thank you enough for what you have done and for every post on this site from your members.

I promise to do the same for others now that I figured out how to!

Thank you again!
cthrn007
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby jene115 » February 4th, 2005, 10:09 pm

Good for you!!! You know, I never understood why people are so concerned when we don't eat. What business is it of anyone? If an alcoholic says he can't drink, who haggles him; if a drug addict walks away, no one says anything, but oh my goodness, turn down food and you've committed a serious faux pas, it's like a personal affront to people.

I say you did great girl!
Jen
03/01/08
"I'm stronger than my cravings!"
jene115
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » February 4th, 2005, 11:18 pm

Dear cthrn007 ~

Hoo Boy! You are a survivor!

I am really proud of you. You must feel like you ran a marathon - it is hard to sit around a table with diners and not BE one...it is hard to feel like one must give a reason for not eating and to have to defend one's decision for not doing so.

I have a greater appreciation now for people that decline something when they are offered food or say no to something. I don't know why we often feel that we 'must' give a reason for our decisions. The Take Shape For Life program has taught me a lot more than how to use its Medifast products to get healthy.

Yep, my eating habits have changed all right and Take Shape For Life has also helped me take hold of my actions in other areas of my life. I am better balanced.

It has taught me that it is not necessaryfor me to give a reason to others when I say, 'no.' I have learned to let my 'no' mean just that: NO.

When another person says 'no' to me, I accept that and do not press them for more juicy info.

cthrn007, keep up the strong determination, you'll get the job done, reach your goal and be healthier than ever in a balanced way.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby raederle » February 5th, 2005, 10:40 am

Hi Cthrn007-- Welcome, and congrats on the amazing feat of strength you pulled off at dinner! I just wanted to tell ya that I used to be about 60 pounds overweight, managed to lose all but about 20, and came to Medifast to get rid of the rest once and for all... So it sounds like we may be in the same boat. Just wanted to chime in that I've managed to lose most of the weight I wanted (I'm about 2.5 pounds away now), with only minimal exercise, and I've been amazed. I mean, I was sweatin' and starvin' and low-carbin' and everything else for years before I found Medifast, and for the first time I'm getting somewhere with these last few pounds! It's been frustrating at times for me, cuz it seems these last 5 just keep clinging to my butt for dear life, but I know it will happen if I just stick to it. I know you can, too, and I'm so glad you've found this board to help you. I'll be the first to shout from the rooftops that there is NO WAY I would have been able to do this if it weren't for the folks here. Just when I start to think, "Oh, maybe these last 5 pounds just aren't meant to come off," or "Well, I think 130 is close enough," or "Maybe a low-fat, 1200-calorie diet with lots of exercise will work now," I am reminded of the fact that this sort of defeatist thinking is what got me to a high weight of 180, and what prevented me from shedding it for years ... until now.

So, welcome, chica, and thank you for posting your Maggiano's story-- your strength gives me strength! Let's decline those apps and spaghetti and beers and cheesecakes together!

:mrgreen:
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Thanks for the reply!!!

Postby cthrn007 » February 5th, 2005, 11:29 am

You are all right!! I would MUCH rather wake up in the morning and start a "what fits today" fashion show in my closet than have a glass of wine and a piece of cheesecake...

I actually have the size markers off a department store rack in my closet and I have donated two whole sizes! :kool:

Nancy - thank you, you are such an inspiration to so many people!

jene115 - One of the co-workers husband was asking me at that fun dinner... "why are you doing this" and "why don't you just love yourself?" I just told him "that it is because I DO love myself that I am losing this weight..." You are right that people don't have any idea when to mind their own business sometimes... I find myself having to Defend MF often.

But I don't really care anymore!! The portly me would have NEVER been able to sit through that without a beer or two... but the Medifast Skinnier me didn't care and coundn't wait to get back home and reach my goal!!

raerdle - At 16 I quit Medifast about 5 lbs. before my goal weight and got there for three weeks but haven't been back there since...yet. It is very hard for me to to lose those last 5- 10 lbs.... I am proud of you for sticking to it with Medifast even though it slows down often at the end. It will get you there and it will be worth every single missed dinner! I promise it will work for you too!! :thumbup:
cthrn007

sorry about that typo raederle

Postby cthrn007 » February 5th, 2005, 11:32 am

:hammerhead:
cthrn007

Postby Nancy » February 5th, 2005, 7:56 pm

cthrn007 ~

:secret: You can edit your post by clicking on the 'edit' clicky button in the top right hand corner of your post box.

It will then :bouncie: pop back to your 'post a reply' box, you can do your :puter: fix-up and then submit again.

Those :twisted: typos just sortta doink on there when ya leest expict 'em. :help: No rowrries baout thim when thay showe up. :point: Wee all no xaxly whut juh meen. kay? ;)
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby raederle » February 6th, 2005, 6:21 am

Ha ha ha... no need to worry! My name is weirdly spelled anyway (it's a character's name from a favorite book of mine), and most people just call me "Rae." "Jodie" works, too, which is my real name! :mrgreen: Funny thing is, I've been using "raederle" as my screen name/login name for everything for so long that I'm quite sure I would look up if someone yelled "Rae!" in a crowded room...

Anyway, thanks for the encouragement-- we WILL get there, even if we have to dodge well-meaning but ignorant pasta-eaters all along the way... ;)
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Return to Come on in.