confessions of a lardie ! Back on MF

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

confessions of a lardie ! Back on MF

Postby doreenq » March 29th, 2006, 7:15 am

:shock:
Hi everyone, a trip to the Mall to buy a new suit led me into a tailspin!
There I am in the dressing room, full length mirror, looking at myself I was in horror ! The lumpy bumpy thighs, the tight arms, the tire thingy going on , the overall disgust all I could say was OMG what happened to me? Intead of buying the suit, I left the store repeating OMG I look like
crap .....

That night, laying in bed, reflecting on all the diets I've been on , the repeat failures I kept thinking, do I want to die fat? never being happy in my own skin ??? what am I going to do ?

I was on Medifast in the fall, I lost 12-15 lbs, I worked really hard to lose that weight, we went out to the cheescake factory for my sons b-day , and I had a piece of cheescake, and I thought, oh, I'll get back on track tommorrow ... tommorrow never came.... 6 months came & went as
well as at least 10 lbs ...

I wasnt able to get back on, and I felt like maybe Im the failure here,
I've ruined my metabolism, and I figured, Im doomed to be fat..

Well, Tuesday 3/28 I woke up decided ! Today is the day, I stop feeling sorry for myself & I do something about this ... so I starting shakin ! :lol:
I am determined to do MF once and for all without the modifying it to meet the occasion or situation :shock:

I needed to hit rock bottom to realize that this program worked, yes its hard work and its a sacrafice, especially with little kids who are always eating snacks and stuff in front of me.... but : now its time I take over and say enough.... I've read post for the last few days and I said all of these people are me ! We've all been there & done that....

Today Im down 2 lbs.....
just a begining !
Thanks again all of you for the wonderful post & support ! I plan to entertain everyone thru my journey ~ and everyone elses !! :mrgreen:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
doreenq

Re: confessions of a lardie ! Back on MF

Postby SueInSLO » March 29th, 2006, 7:56 am

doreenq wrote::shock:
Today Im down 2 lbs.....
just a begining !
Thanks again all of you for the wonderful post & support ! I plan to entertain everyone thru my journey ~ and everyone elses !! :mrgreen:

Hi Doreen and Welcome Back!!

Yes, it's a beginning but that's what it's all about. Beginning to make permanent changes in our lives. You can do it!! We all can do it!

You'll feel so much better back on plan, I know I sure do!! It feels good to be in control of what I put in my mouth!!

Good Luck and Happy Shaking!!
Sue
:D
SueInSLO
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Pashta » March 29th, 2006, 8:27 am

Welcome back Doreen! :hug:

Just stay on plan, don't falter. No "modifying" like you said. Someone else stated somewhere on here to consider it a prescription from a doctor and you *must* follow it to a T. If you really need to, just have an allowed snack or an extra MF meal to get you through the first few days till the hunger goes away.

You can do it this time! We are all here for you!! :mrgreen:

:goteam:
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta

Postby Arklahoma » March 29th, 2006, 8:38 am

Doreenq ... Glad you're back! We will always be here for you so stop by often. I was just reading the Quick Start Guide and I love this quote:

"Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it."
- Michael Jordan

:goodluck:
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Mickey » March 29th, 2006, 8:50 am

Doreen,

Good for you! :bravo:
Glad to have you back. Honestly, this has been the toughest thing I've ever done (out side of child birth), but the most rewarding thing as well. This is for ME! Remember that. You are doing this for YOU. As women we do more for our spouses or better halves and our kids than we do for ourselves. When we do decide to do something for ourselves we feel selfish and guilty. Well, not any more. MF is healthy, so there's no guilt, it teaches us good eating habits for life, that we in turn can share with our loved ones. What could be more UNselfish? Basically, you go girl! You can do ANYTHING!
Mickey
5'3"

Mickey

Postby falisamarie » March 29th, 2006, 9:05 am

Doreen--You have made a great decision for yourself and I know you can do this and we are all here to cheer you on to goal!

Remember Image but hey no pressure right!

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » March 29th, 2006, 9:30 am

Hi Doreen! Good for you! You're off to a great start!! I like what someone once posted "Time will pass no matter what, do I want to be fatter in a year or thinner?" That really hit home with me. As for the kiddie snacks. I totally relate...finally, just this week, I made THEM change their diet too!!!! I realized that junk food is no better for them than it is for me. SO, I loaded up on fruits and veggies, low fat cheese sticks and higer fiber, lower fat snacks for lunches. They love it!!!! I was surprised they didn't complain :) Just some food for thought....easier for me and better for them :)
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby doreenq » March 29th, 2006, 9:33 am

:mrgreen: Thanks so much for all the support !!! True ! Time will pass, and this time I'll pass it dropping this lard ! Feeling a little woozie today , but as long as Im folding the laundry its all good !! :roll:
[/url]
doreenq

Postby DogMa » March 29th, 2006, 10:26 am

Welcome back, Doreen! It sounds like you learned from your experience, so it wasn't all a failure. When you feel like cheating, remember how you felt and hopefully it'll help you stay on track. You don't ever want to feel that bad about yourself again, do you??
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Postby loriannk » March 29th, 2006, 11:35 am

Good for you!

I too have 3 kids under 7 and my husband. They all eat all the no no foods. After the first few days the temptation was gone for me. I could buy and watch them eat it and cook them dinner and it did not bother me. I have been buying healthier food for them now that I am trying to get healthy.

:goodluck: YOU CAN DO IT!

Lori
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk

Postby Dayna » March 29th, 2006, 11:54 pm

Welcome back on the wagon! We look forward to celebrating your success with you as you move closer and closer to your goal, and further and further away from that horrid shopping experience.

- Dayna
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna

Postby Lizabette » March 30th, 2006, 7:04 am

DOREEN,

I think most of us have felt just like you with just a little variation in circumstances. :uhuh: You said:

"Well, Tuesday 3/28 I woke up decided ! Today is the day, I stop feeling sorry for myself & I do something about this ... so I starting shakin !
I am determined to do MF once and for all without the modifying it to meet the occasion or situation. I needed to hit rock bottom to realize that this program worked..."

That is so good for all of us to read and take to heart. :heart: Tuesday was your D-DAY. We are so happy you are back in control and this time you will not fail!. In the process you will inspire us and help us too. :yes:

Thanks for your great post. We want to hear from you often!. :puter:

Lizabette
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby doreenq » March 31st, 2006, 11:06 am

:D Thank you all for the great support ! So far Im down 3 close to 4 !
not too bad at all ! Im glowing today !!! Must be all the juicy fat Im burning !!! :shock:
[/url]
doreenq

Postby Bonnie » April 3rd, 2006, 5:23 pm

Doreen

I am so glad to have you back on the :cheermed: Medifast with us. :

We have missed you :(

When you take your next shopping trip to the Mall you will say to yourself "look how great I fit these close". You will be :bouncieball: with joy!!!

We look forward to reading your future posts.
I lost 50lbs Through Take Shape for Life

Bonnie Wills
Bonnie
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby doreenq » April 7th, 2006, 5:36 am

Down 5 lbs, I thought I'd take a little more off, but I noticed Im probably not drinking as much water ..... more water for lardie !!!! Still operating at 100% !!! :shock:
[/url]
doreenq

Next

Return to Come on in.