5&1 vs. complete?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

5&1 vs. complete?

Postby Ashes » February 9th, 2006, 11:41 am

Hello everyone! I successfully completed two weeks doing the 5&1, then I had a birthday party for my dad, and it didnt go too well. Needless to say I got back with the program Tuesday, and now am down 15lbs total since start! yes!

Anyways, I am contemplating switching to the complete program, but am not sure on if I should or not.

What are all of you doing and why?

Thanks for any input!

1/17/06
275/260/170
1st goal: 30lbs. (245 by 3/28 - I really hope I can!)
Ashes
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » February 9th, 2006, 11:47 am

Hey there Ashley!!! I was just wondering where you've been the past couple of days :) I missed your posts :hug: Glad you're back.

Well, I do the 5 & 1. Mainly because I would go crazy on the full fast AND you have to be under a physician's care on the full fast. We just moved here and I don't even have a doctor yet! Anyway, wait until you've been back on program for three day's before making any changes. It's tough getting back in the swing of the program after a "night on the buffet" ;) I'm sure you'll feel great again VERY soon!!!

I also do the 5 & 1 because I must learn how to manage food. If I avoid it completely, it will make maintenance that much harder (for me).

CONGRATZ on the 15 pounds!!!!! You're doing great!!!!
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Ashes » February 9th, 2006, 11:56 am

Joyce- Yeah, I really miss the wonderful feeling I get from being healthy with MF... luckily I didn't stray too far! I'm so glad to be back! I have been lurking around here, reading but not posting... I felt guilty. No more of that though! I really really really would like to lose 15 more pounds by my husband's (of 5 months!) 24th birthday! That would make it 30lbs... I know that I couldn't get him anything that could top that for his birthday!

And what makes it even more special is that he truly loves me the way I am, he just wants me to be happier with myself, like I was when we first met..

Anyways, it's so good to be back... and I think I'll stick with the 5&1, because I really like to cook.. and I've been cooking so much healthier for the hubby too, so yeah... I'll stick with it for a while anyways!

Thanks for your input!

1/17/06
275/260/170
1st goal: 30lbs. (245 by 3/28 - I really hope I can!)
Ashes
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby falisamarie » February 9th, 2006, 12:00 pm

Hi Ashes and welcome back :D

I am under a physicians care but I still do the 5&1. I was completely set on doing the full fast but after a lot of prayer and consideration I decided to do the lean and green meal for a lot of the same reasons Joyce did and the main one is that I think it would take someone with incredible strength to do the full fast and I do not consider myself to be very strong. Knowing I get my lean and green helps keep me on the straight and narrow. I talked to some people on here who have been on program for a while right before I started and found that there was not that much of a difference in weight loss between the two so I opted for the 5&1 plan. I am sure whatever you decide you will do great.

Lisa :rose:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby DogMa » February 9th, 2006, 12:27 pm

I'm on the 5 and 1 for a lot of the reasons already given. I don't want or need to see my doctor more than a few times a year, and I really want to learn to manage food better so that I can maintain my loss. I think I can do that better by eating real food every day. I also love to cook, so I enjoy making dinner for myself every night and finding new ways to eat healthy. And I like eating out with friends or family, so it's nice to be able to order off the menu and still stick to the plan.

I've also been told the weight loss rate isn't really different. But even if it were, I lose so slowly anyway, I don't know that I care. To me, the benefits of having food every day would still outweigh a slightly faster loss rate.

As for departures from the plan, I've had a couple too. I see it as part of the learning process, and an opportunity to learn about my triggers and how to make better choices. So you went off at a birthday party. Next time there's an occasion like that, maybe you'll have a better strategy for handling it. (At worse, you can learn that once you're at goal, there WILL be times when you won't eat the right things. But I think people who successfully maintain their losses aren't those who NEVER make bad choices. They're the ones who occasionally eat something bad for them, but then go right back to eating healthfully. Nancy's an example. She's no longer 100 percent compliant and has been known to eat dessert and other bad-for-you foods. But she doesn't do it every day, and she doesn't eat one bad meal and throw up her hands and give up and start eating everything in sight. She eats it and moves on. Which is what we need to learn to do, too.)
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby SueInSLO » February 9th, 2006, 12:45 pm

Hi Ashes!! :wave:

Glad to see you back posting too!! I wondered where you had gone!

I do the 5 & 1 too! I love to cook and I also like having dinner with my honey each night so that's when I have my Lean & Green.

Don't be hard on yourself for slipping a bit. The important thing is you're back. You know MF works because look how well you've done so far!

Hang tough, you CAN do this! We're here to support you!
:hug:

Sue
:D
Start: 1/07/06
SueInSLO
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to Weight Loss