5:1 or complete choices

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

5:1 or complete choices

Postby thininLA » March 2nd, 2005, 10:59 pm

I just started MF yesterday.

I have always been atheltic, but decided to lay off exercise as is recommended during the first month. (And fine by me since work, school, and exams are all I can handle this month.)

So for the first month, I thought I would do the complete MF with 5-6 MF meal replacements each day.

Then, after the first month, I thought I would slowly resume working out and switch over to the 5:1 plan and incorporate the one meal each day.

I'm wondering what you think of this plan? I'm sure when followed completely, they both produce fantastic results. But obviously, one of the reasons I'm using MF is because I want to shed the weight as quickly, but safely possible.

What has been your experience personally and with other MF users in terms of which provides a faster/bigger weight loss.

I'm 39, 5'9 and female. According to weight charts, 70 lbs. loss would put me on the highest end of the chart in my weight-range. But 100 is my goal to put me on the lowest end of my weight-range, where I'll feel and look my best.

Thank you for your advice and all the encouraging, helpful, and motivating words I've read on these boards over the last few weeks.

soon to be...
thininLA
thininLA

Postby Nancy » March 3rd, 2005, 1:52 am

thininLA ~

Take Shape For Life recommends that the Complete Meal Replacement Program be used only under the close supervision of a doctor.

(BTW, it is NOT recommended for diabetics.)

Your plan, if approved by your doc, sounds good. There is not a big difference in the speed of the weight loss between the complete meal replacement program and the 5/1. The advertised average weight loss of 2-5 pounds per week is based on the 5/1 program studies.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Sylvia » March 3rd, 2005, 8:36 am

I did the complete plan for the first half of the time I was on the program and the 5-1 the other half. My weight loss was almost exactly the same (after subtracting for the first month where you're going to lose a lot more either way). The advantage to the full fast is that it is easier and for people with food issues, allows better control.
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Weight Loss