complete fast or 5 and 1?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

complete fast or 5 and 1?

Postby Claudia » May 5th, 2005, 4:09 am

Hi. I really need a little guidance. Can anyone who's lost a lot of weight tell me how they did it, using the complete fast or the 5 and 1 plan? I read somewhere that you have more accelerated weight loss with the complete fast. Is this true? Please help. Thank you all.
Claudia

Postby coco » May 5th, 2005, 4:49 am

not that I qualify as one of those who has lost *a lot* of weight yet (although more than I've lost on any other diet in my life, and Im going strong!!!) but my bit of advice here would be to do whichever plan you are best able to STICK WITH!! MF can only do its thing if you follow the plan, whichever plan you choose. Some people find the lean and green meal tempts them or makes them think about eating food more, while for me, i think sometimes it keeps me sane and better able to cope. I think ive read that full fast may put you at a half ound loss more per week, but most people seem to say they lose about the same either way. Its a personal decision...oh and full fast should be medically supervised too...many people switch back and forth. Use the forum's search feature to find more on this, since its discussed fairly frequently. Anywhooo, Goood Luck and Good Medifasting to you!!!!
~Coco
245/240.4/140
mini goal: 224
coco
Trusted Member

tumbleweed

Postby tumbleweed » May 5th, 2005, 7:47 am

Hi Claudia! I started off on the complete fast and then switched to the 5 and 1 after about a month into the diet. It has not really slowed my weight loss much. Since the 1st of Feb I have lost just over 60 pounds and I have been on 5 and 1 all but that first month. I like it much better than the full fast, because it fits into my lifestyle better I am on the road allot and sometimes it is nice stopping for a salad and a grilled chicken breast. Good luck medifasting!!!! :D
tumbleweed
Trusted Member - #100 Club
Trusted Member - #100 Club

Postby kassilou » May 5th, 2005, 8:11 am

Hi, Claudia. I've been doing MF since February 1. I started out doing the full fast (supposed to be under medical supervision), then switched to 5 & 1. Now I like to do full fast most of the the week and allow myself 5 & 1 on the weekends. I like full fast just because I don't have to think about food, and I'm a little too lenient with myself sometimes for my lean & green meal. :oops: I didn't notice a difference in my losses between the two plans.
To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.
~Ben Franklin
kassilou
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby DonicaB » May 5th, 2005, 8:53 am

Hi Claudia~~ I kinda switch back and forth between the full fast and the 5 & 1. Like Kassilou, I am a little too lenient with myself and I don't always trust myself on the lean & green. I tend to eat a little too much lean and not enough green. I do the 5 & 1 about half of the week I guess. I definitely do it on the weekends.

Personally I can't tell you which is better......... I will leave that to the experts, but from what I read here there is not much of a difference in weight loss.

DonicaB :yeah:
DonicaB
Preferred member

Return to Weight Loss