Salad on complete fast

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Salad on complete fast

Postby Hyperion » December 11th, 2005, 2:59 pm

Hi all :D

As a lot of you know, I'm doing complete fast, and I had a question.

I know some things are considered freebies, like 2 dill pickles, and chicken broth, etc...

I want to eat some salad with only iceberg salad, salt & pepper + vinegar.

Can I do that or it's not considered freebie?
264/150
Began: 2005-11-03
Finished: Never

Went to 150, then began gym to build some muscle; currently 173.8! (Need to cut some fat)

<b>Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.</b>
Hyperion
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby purplepansy » December 11th, 2005, 8:01 pm

I eat a salad when dining out. This way I can eat out and socialize too...
205/195/128

Curvy Vixen waiting to be emerged
purplepansy
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Hyperion » December 12th, 2005, 5:11 am

Thanks for your answer... :)

Waiting for Master Nancy to officialize this thread :D
264/150
Began: 2005-11-03
Finished: Never

Went to 150, then began gym to build some muscle; currently 173.8! (Need to cut some fat)

<b>Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.</b>
Hyperion

Postby Nancy » December 12th, 2005, 10:12 am

Dear Hyperion ~

Vicky is exactly right - I personally feel it is in the best interest of full fasters to have a small daily salad.

As we all know, Medifast is very low fat. Problems can arise for some who are on the complete program for a while and then decide to have something greasy or fatty - like a burger or a steak. Our digestive system does not have to do much while we are Medifasting. Our packets are highly nutritious and there is very little filler, extra fiber or 'stuff' that is not used for energy and so there is not much for the digestive system to work on - we have little to be digested and excreted. Our meals are portion controlled so the digestive system deals with just a little dabberdoo at a time not a bodacious boatload of fatty fibrous grub.

If you send down a greasy gob of grub after having been on the austerity program for some time you are asking for MAJOR problems: a belly bustin' pain in the drain, several hours of misery, lying on the floor of the bathroom writhing in pain, a barf bucket at one end and a bowel bucket at the other IF you do not gradually reintroduce regular foods. I am not talking about mild discomfort here, Folks - I am talking about childbirth pain...

To minimize this, foods must be slowly and appropriately reintroduced. That is why I feel that it is best to do the 5 and 1 Program and why we tell folks that to do the complete meal replacement program you must be under the direct supervision of a real live physician. A Health Advisor is not qualified to supervise a person on the Complete Program. Remember...not all Health Advisors are certified as Terry and me. (or Jan and Paul).

So...Full fasters do well by having a small salad each day with some low fat salad dressing (yep, with some vinegar and a bit of canola or olive oil - like a teaspoon or so) because it keeps the liver and gall bladder actively operating - this keeps things running and also makes the poopage process a bit easier - this is a good thing. I highly doubt that in the long run this would affect the weight loss rate by very much time and it certainly makes transition a whole lot easier! Trust me – I had a crap attack and it was not pleasant – some people heard me screaming in pain – the scream heard around the world – and I WAS under the direct care of an internist.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Weight Loss