Circle the Cruise Ship!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Circle the Cruise Ship!

Postby shineface » May 25th, 2004, 8:19 pm

Hi Guys --- :cheers:

Ok - I know I haven't been on much lately -- been working my big butt off (literally!!!!) Anyway -- since I hit the 70 pound mark lost - my bod is clinging to what's left- which is still a lot to lose by the way! Anyway, I'm down only 2 pounds since I hit the 70 mark and also - after oh, I don't know maybe 15 years, I got my period or a reasonable facsimile!!!!! HELLO - what the H-LL is going on with my body -- I'm down from a size 26 jeans to a size 16!!!! The perfect time for me to sabotage all of my hard work --- I continue to try to understand this security blanket of fat cells that I am so terrified to be rid of - every step of the way I keep trying to analyze why I hold onto this weight. I don't want to do this again - ever!!!

Reading this forum is sometimes the only sanity I can grasp. We are all struggling with so many of the same issues. I see daily glimpses of sanity in all of your posts - our issues are all alike and all different!!! But different as we may be we are all alike in this quest for health, sanity and YES thin-thin-thin-ness!!!! It does feel better - it feels freakin' GREAT with every pound, size, ounce LOST - FOREVER!!!!! I SO Want it to be FOREVER!! I'm trying so hard but the person I am most afraid of is me - the master sabotuer? or Queen of Sabotage or who ever!!!!!

Anyway - here's the deal --- I'm going on a cruise to Bermuda - yep - sailing out on Saturday - actually, heading down to Virginia to catch the ship with my good friend Sissy on Thursday - gonna be on the road or outta my usual routine for more than a week --- BUT I am loaded down with my bathroom scale and RTD's and bars - 1st thing packing - luckily my clothes aren't as big as they were and don't take up as much room in the suitcase as they used to!!!! I am scared. I know I can do this - I stuck to my program while I was in FL in March and actually lost weight. I'm going on this cruise to have fun and meet people and see Bermuda again ---NOT TO EAT!!!!! BUT do you have any idea how many people obsess about the food on a cruise - I guess it goes without saying --- I want to just focus on my meat and salad and veggies and walk the decks and hike the island and smell the flowers and TRY not to drink the rum!!! I will do it -- it does bug me that internet access is limited at $1.50 per minute but I am bringing my laptop and will be able to read posts before and after the actual cruise. I've been doing modified since the beginning so I don't have to do the food adjustment thing - right? -- so I should be able to do this - right... right. I can do some excercise classes and take the stairs and watch what I eat --- I can do this ---AND I will focus on having pictures taken that I can add to the studio when I get off of the ship ----NOW there's a plan!!!!! I'm even afraid to be thinking this way BUT I need to say it out loud - do you think a drink or two would kill me --NO Probably not ---BUT it's thinking that it won't - that will -- right.... OK.. now I'm exhausted and I have to work 14 hours tomorrow and I've rambled on and on - but I feel better having gotten all of this outta me and out to you all ---- OK bring it on - looking for input. Guido? Ladies?
LOVE you all and need you all - thanks so much for your support!!!

WE WILL do this together!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » May 26th, 2004, 9:16 am

Shiney ~
Oh I am thrilled or you to be wearing size 16 jeans! Congrats, Girl!

:kool: How cool to go on a cruise, too!

Advice: skip NO meals. Not one - eat every three to four hours (That should be no problem on a cruise ship!) and have at least three shakes every day!

When going to the buffet, have a shake just before you go - it will make you feel satisfied and you won't go bonkers at the buffet table. Take a spoonful of what you want - you can always go back for more - IF you must. Don't use a front-end loader to serve yourself. Go back to the table leisurely. Use small plates. Always leave some food on the plate, because you can. You are no longer a member of The Clean Plate Club. Your membership in TCPC has been revoked, Shiney! You are a resident of Thinnville and there is no room for porkies there!

Watch alcohol: pure carbs - I'm not telling you to not have a taste of the rum you want to have but really watch it. When folks have alcohol, they snack more - people snack with abandon and snacks add up to fluffy buns.
Besides, you can always bring some home with you and then when you are at your goal, you can have some then. It will still be around. It won't go bad. Let it be a little reward for you for a very special occasion. Let it be your "carrot" that keeps the wagon rolling forward.

You ARE in control. You CAN remain in control and you CAN return with fewer pounds and feel great! We know you will choose wisely!

You are taking your RTDs and that is good. You are planning on exercising and that's good, too. Take some Fast Soup or bouillon with you - it is hot in Bermuda. Visit the Veggie station.

Take your size 26 picture with you and look at it just before you go to the buffet...remember: NOTHING tastes as good as thin feels (and looks).

Have a blast! You are not deprived. Medifast gives your bod all that it needs for great nutrition and happiness. You will thrive and be happy and return relaxed, renewed and more determined than ever to reach your goal.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby elle4nelly » May 26th, 2004, 9:42 am

Hi Pam!

Don't Panic! Just relax! This is what vacations are for. Sure we could all go on vacation and stick perfectly to plan. But you know what? Life is not rigid. I say, stick to Medifast as best as possible. Walk around and take those exercise classes. And a little drink here every other day while on your vacation isn't going to kill you!! I know....Someone is going to come in here and blast me for telling you that. I won't mention His name, for I'm scurred of him. But my point is, really do relax and do the best you can. When you get back though, it will be chop chop and no messing around. So enjoy your trip no matter what happen, please do. And come back to us as soon as you can.

;)

Nelly
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby Jeanette » May 26th, 2004, 11:18 am

Oh I am GREEN with envy! I have always wanted to go on a cruise! One day I shall!

You've already received lots of good advice, so I'll just throw in the encouragement!

And about your body stalling out--I understand that all too well! But I am now moving downward again!

Stay true!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to The Weight Room