'Chocolate Covered Cherries!' Wow, legal too!!

Add your favorite recipes.

'Chocolate Covered Cherries!' Wow, legal too!!

Postby Susynne » January 9th, 2006, 8:43 am

I thought I was so brilliant for coming up with the sugar free orange jello and cucumber salad to add to my dinner (just ate salad without the extra vegies), But this one is so SWEET! :grin:

My husband loves chocolate covered cherries, he ends up with several boxes every christmas....I usually help him get rid of them, but not this year.....however, watching him eat them I got an idea. I made sugar free cherry jello, added a package of chocolate pudding, and voila! YUMMY! :chef:

I was even thinking about making them in ice cube trays, so they would be 'snackable', I have to struggle to get all five MF meals in, so if I have four and the snackable cubes, wouldn't that work out okay? :?: :scratch:
Susynne
:rose: :rose: :rose:
Grateful starving artist........

Susynne
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby dlr2424 » January 9th, 2006, 1:19 pm

awesome recipe!!!!......can you give me the exact details on how to mix it ..... :?: ....right amount of water.... :?: .jello...and ...well I know it's ONE packet of pudding......thanks

Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Susynne » January 9th, 2006, 1:39 pm

I was so afraid it wouldn't 'gel' that I made the jello mix and then, added the pudding package and shook like crazy....before it set all the way I took the stick blender to it and whipped it up a little, and then let it set. I'm sure there are differant ways you could do it, but my first try worked just fine for me. I'll bet adding one more cup of water and another pudding pack, then dividing in two, would give two acceptable meal replacers, that are even more choclatey then mine.

By shook I meant; I have a set of those fit on a shelf lazy-susan type storage containers, and I use the big 20 oz size to mix my jello, it has measurements on it. I use them to mix everything and just shake. (careful, shaking something hot might make it explode, put the top on and swoosh a little then let the air out, then try to shake -gently-.)

Well, ENJOY!
Susynne

Susynne

Postby lan » January 14th, 2006, 6:28 pm

Hi, Susynne,
Some time ago I posted a copy of a mousse recipe. Your recipe made me think that I could use my technique and your ingredients and it would be a great meal.

Here is the recipe; I am going to try it for dinner tonight; I hope you try it too!

Take 1/2 cup of really hot water and put it into a blender. Add 1 package of sugar-free cherry Jello, (or any flavor actually). Blend well on medium speed. Mixture will become frothy, but continue blending. Do not turn blender off while adding next ingredients. Next, add 4 ice cubes; allow them to blend into the mixture. Add Medifast shake mix (chocolate, in this case), allowing it to also blend into the mixture. Add an additional 4 ice cubes and continue mixing until thick. If mixture did not get thick enough, chill in the refrigerator for a few minutes.

Scoup mousse out, get a spoon, and enjoy!
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. - Henry David Thoreau

lan
Trusted Member - #70 Club

yum

Postby Susynne » January 14th, 2006, 10:11 pm

:lol: YUM!!! :tongue: I'll try it out, thanks!!!
Susynne

Susynne

Postby falisamarie » January 15th, 2006, 6:46 pm

I have to tell you guys I tried the mousse and yummy :thumbig:

The only problem I had with it was it made so much I could not eat it all but not to worry I have a son who is like a human disposal and he loved it too!!!!

Thanks for the idea

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Serendipity » January 16th, 2006, 6:25 am

I got the Chocolate covered cherry effect yesterday when I had Celestial Seasons Cherry tea with my Chocolate divine bar. And I don't usually like flavored tea.....this one was yummy!
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby lan » January 16th, 2006, 1:41 pm

I love the mousse recipe!
I am glad that some of you have tried it and like it, too.
One of my most favorite is the orange jello with vanilla. It tastes like orange Dreamsicle!

You should try other and various flavors. One of the things that I like most about it is that it is a lot of food. Sometimes, I just am hungry and need more food. This is all perfectly legal (jello is 0 calories, and the shake is the regular amount in each shake).

Have a great day, everyone, and great Medifasting!

Lan
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. - Henry David Thoreau

lan
Trusted Member - #70 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » January 17th, 2006, 3:50 pm

This is all perfectly legal (jello is 0 calories, and the shake is the regular amount in each shake).

I just tried this...however the sugarfree jello powder is 10 cals per serving (40 extra calories) and it was SOOOO thick! Not to mention that I first put in boiling water and it exploded red jello everywhere :hammerhead: :hammerhead1: I wasn't crazy about it cuz it was too sweet. Did I do something wrong? Should I have used a "pre-made" s/f Jello cup rather than the 4 serving powder? :scratchhead:
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Susynne » January 17th, 2006, 6:55 pm

HMMM...Hot in a shaker, blender with a lid = EXPLOSION :burnout:

I haven't tried the mousse recipe...I made mine in a measured container, after the hot water I stirred in ice cubes and when melted added the remaining H2O according to measurements. Then I added the pudding...
But for me it was all about missing my husbands candy so sweet worked out great....Have never tried just the mousse. I read jello was acceptable sugar free and never looked at label beyond that, so I have no advice concerning calories.

Try orange jello with diced cukes, thats my all time MF favorite! :tongue:

Good luck, happy shrinking.
Susynne

Susynne

Postby Suzie2006 » January 19th, 2006, 6:28 pm

Where does it say you can have jello on this diet?
Start date: Jan. 20, 2006
SW224/CW216/GW160
Height: 5'7"
I lost 8 lbs!!!!
Suzie2006
Trusted Member

Postby Suzie2006 » January 19th, 2006, 6:30 pm

Oh wait. Is this a different diet? I see Lean Cuisine up there. I'm confused. I thought this was a Medifast forum.
SW224/CW216/GW160
I lost 8 lbs!!!!
Suzie2006
Trusted Member

Lean Cuisine

Postby Jan » January 19th, 2006, 6:33 pm

Hi Suzie,
You ar correct --this is a Medifast forum -- we just happen to call our recipe section "lean cuisine" Sorry for the mixup.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Suzie2006 » January 19th, 2006, 6:36 pm

Oh...so what about the jello? It doesn't say anything about jello in my "Getting started" book.
SW224/CW216/GW160
I lost 8 lbs!!!!
Suzie2006
Trusted Member

Jello

Postby Jan » January 19th, 2006, 6:39 pm

Hi Suzie,
You may use sugar free jello. As long as something is 0 fat 0 carbs it is ok. Lots of our recipes use s/f jello. We also use lots of Davinci s/f syrup and that's not listed as well but helps us out a great deal. Good for you for checking. :D It is much much better to ask then make a wrong assumption and cause problems for yourself. YOu will do great. I can tell you ask questions. :D
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Next

Return to Lean Cuisine