Chocolate syrup vs chocolate dip

Add your favorite recipes.

Chocolate syrup vs chocolate dip

Postby Allison Onederland » April 1st, 2006, 11:57 am

Ok, I rushed on over to my local Walden Farms website :lol: to get some yummy fruit spread and decided to order some other stuff too. I remember reading something about Walden Farms chocolate syrup here but I noticed they have a chocolate dip too. Could someone tell me the difference and what uses each one has? Can the dip be used the same way as the syrup? Does one taste better than the other?
Allison Onederland
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby sidrah » April 1st, 2006, 2:47 pm

Syrup is more the consistency of a maple syrup or Hershey's choc. syrup. The dip comes in a jar adn is a little (very little) thicker. When you dip things in, like fruit or something, the chocolate or marshmallow dip doesn't exactly stick on like if you were dipping it into sour cream dips.

Taste--Hmmm, well, they aren't like the ones with the sugar in them, obviously. They aren't bad exactly, jsut somethign I can do without. I sometimes put them in/on jello.

I know people who like the taste. I can do without it, but they aren't terrible. I do sometimes make oatmeal cookies and dip them in one or both dips.
sidrah
Preferred member

Return to Lean Cuisine