Child Sneaks Mom's medigrub....puts life on line!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Child Sneaks Mom's medigrub....puts life on line!

Postby MamaD » September 11th, 2005, 5:33 am

Ok...ok.... I know that there is a lot of serious stuff going on out there...I cry everytime I think about katrina....gas is killing us and then there is Iraq..............................

BUT.....

I go to my medigrub bucket to fish out a pack of Orange Pineapple...my personal fav...and I notice that my stash is seriously diminished!! So..I say out loud...not really talking to anyone, "Where the heck is my "stuff" ?? (we call it mom's "stuff" around here). ..and I hear this wee little voice from the back of the house.... "I've been drinking it, mom. Is that OK????" Well heckie doodle NO it is not OK...it is mine, mine, mine!!! I have shared everything else in my world with these children (who by the way are not little...20 and 22) do they have to have my stash too????? We are talking about the skinny kid here... ok??? Like she wears a size 2 jeans and an xs everything else.... She works out at the gym for 2 hours a day :treadjog: and works at Curves. Evidently she had been looking into drinking protein power to give her a little more energy...as she is a bad vegetarian..(meaning she does not do it right...very little protien calories go in her skinny bod)...anyway... all the protein powders she looked at had a ton of calories and :shock: :shock: some even had tons of sugar. So she stumbles across my secret stash 8) ....reads up on the contents.... and decides they are perfect for her to drink on her way to the gym and after the gym. :exercise: :exercise: Who knew??? Well mmt did...and I know that Nancy has preached it.... but skinny people ????

So, then she procedes to put her hands on my chicken and wild rice :eat: .... I hear it crunching in the package... I know what she is doing without even looking...I told her to put the soup DOWN :x :x and she will walk away with her arms...the alternatives will not be pleasant. ;)

---great, there goes my Mother of the Year award!! :twisted:
;) I will share my shakes... but as far as the soup goes....she's on her own.
Cee Cee
MamaD
Trusted Member

Postby ladyhawke » September 11th, 2005, 6:09 am

CeeCee this is serious, I suggest you get that young lady into counseling ASAP, who knows what's next!!
In the interim move that stuff where she can't find it, do you have a safe on the premises?
Are these young uns' crazy messing with our MF, take my car, my jewelry, my money..but if you mess with my little MF cupboard all bets are off!
ladyhawke
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby MamaD » September 11th, 2005, 6:15 am

Preach on Sista!!
I am thinking of hiding it in her room...she'll never find it in there!!
Cee Cee
MamaD
Trusted Member

Postby ladyhawke » September 11th, 2005, 6:23 am

:lol: :lol:
ladyhawke

Postby Mommy2girls » September 11th, 2005, 7:06 am

Oh my that is FUNNY! Well not really if it was happening to ME but funny since it wasn't my stash. Is this what I have to look forward to? My skinny 3 year old (30lbs with shoes and clothes on) LOVES to drink my shakes and is forever asking for my "tiny crackers". I finally started breaking up saltines in the shape of the MF crackers in hopes of fooling her! UGH!

You might have to lay in wait and :shoot:
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Missing medigrub

Postby Jan » September 11th, 2005, 8:40 am

OK Now,
This is getting to be a serious problem!! My 26 year old daughter just called me to report that an entire box of her shakes were missing. :shock: Upon further inspection she found their remains (wrappers that is) in her family room along with her large English Mastiff/Black Lab dog. :x Not only did Heidi look guilty but she had the remnants of the meal on her nose. The medigrub has now been secured in a high cupboard and Heidi is on her own as far as weight control goes!! :mrgreen:
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby ladyhawke » September 11th, 2005, 9:30 am

Mommy2girls wrote:Oh my that is FUNNY! Well not really if it was happening to ME but funny since it wasn't my stash. Is this what I have to look forward to? My skinny 3 year old (30lbs with shoes and clothes on) LOVES to drink my shakes and is forever asking for my "tiny crackers". I finally started breaking up saltines in the shape of the MF crackers in hopes of fooling her! UGH!

You might have to lay in wait and :shoot:

Mommy2girls, Kashi makes a 7 grain cracker that is the same shape as the MF crackers, they also come in honey sesame which we can't have.
I pawn those off on my little guy and he loves them, he won't touch my diet stuff...wants me to get down to fighting weight..must be a girl thing...pinching their Mom's MF.
ladyhawke

Postby Lisa Renee » September 11th, 2005, 6:46 pm

I gave my daughter a sip of one of my iced MF cappuccinos and she bugs me for some every darn time I make one. I have started to wait until her headphones are on for me to use my blender! What's wrong with kids these days?!?!
Lisa Renee
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby mytime » September 11th, 2005, 8:48 pm

My 4 yr old loves the RTG and my fruit and nuts bars. Mommy can't I have one, your bars taste so much better... Ok so I give him the bars every now and then. They are so much better for him. Not however, when I am down to the last few... remember he is still getting PB and J :D Stacey
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby MamaD » September 12th, 2005, 3:42 am

Now ya'll.....
We have GOT to get serious about this~~~~

I believe that in the case of Medimunchies it is ok NOT to share..!!! I am almost at the point where I believe that we just need to sip and shake in the closet!! You know? I mean..if you're eating it...then they are going to want a bite....dont' think it matters what it is~!!

Ya'lls kids sound cute...but nothing is as funny as the dog story!! You need to send that in to the mmt gods!!!...it's priceless.

Had a great weekend doing the medi thing....now I am off to work...hope that I can maintain my resolve!!!....hope they have something yucky in the lunchroom today.....

Take care....hide the grub!
Cee Cee
MamaD
Trusted Member

Postby dlr2424 » September 13th, 2005, 4:23 pm

Cee Cee......that was my laugh of the day................. :roflmao: :roflmao: ............I can relate all to well...... :x ......my daughter bugged me to the point I gave in..........but why is it they can have anything and the few allowable foods we have THEY WANT...........and then they ask?............WHY WON"T YOU SHARE?..........................now as far as the dog goes...........that's priceless.................. :mrgreen:

Donna.....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Gwenski » September 15th, 2005, 3:43 pm

Hey, your daughter works, give her a referral card and get $10 of your next purchase?!?

At least now you have good ideas for stocking stuffers and gifts for her. :mrgreen:

Since she is a some what exercise and weight fanatic, she should understand that she has hit WAY below the belt. She is a big girl now, you could tell her how what she did made you feel.

Hey, these things aren't exactly cheap, charge her enough to cover your cost and a handling fee or something...............:idontknow:

Good luck on keeping your stuff safe and you sane.
Gwenski

Began July 6, 2005 & Originally lost 131.19#'s
New Start Date: November 8, 2008
Gwenski
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Nancy » September 15th, 2005, 4:48 pm

:shock: Twenty-somethings, three-year olds, dogs, squirrels, yadda yadda yadda eatin' our Medigrub , and then there are those Chunkmeister-people who say they can't do that "liquid stuff, it tastes nasty" and we can't pry it outta our kids' grubby hands!

CeeCee – your daughter would do well with our Women’s Sports Drinks when she works out. It has twice as many calories (200 calories) as our regular 55 shakes and 14 grams of protein but has added carbs for quick energy (40 grams of carbs) and just one measly gram of fat. It has plenty of antioxidants and can be used prior to a workout, as a snack or a meal replacement.

Before our daughter's elderly Lhasa Apso went to doggie heaven, Bonnie Dawg was getting rather portly because arthritis limited her mobility. They gave her French Vanilla Medifast Plus Joint Health shakes and she lost about 6 pounds and improved her mobility. There are Medikids and Medipets all over the USA!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby MamaD » September 16th, 2005, 3:49 am

Hehe Ya'll are funny!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

So is my kid.... she told me the other day...that another reason why she goes for "my goo" is because it is LOW in carbs...compared to some of the other products she has looked at. She gets plenty of good carbs from her diet...she just wants a "little" more protein.....

She said that she would "buy" them from me...however every penny she makes is going to sending her to her new school in NYC. So..it would be like robbing Peter to pay Paul....

It could be worse....
She could know about the bars!~!! :roll: :roll:
Cee Cee
MamaD
Trusted Member

Return to The Weight Room