struggling at the start line

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

struggling at the start line

Postby holdings » August 6th, 2005, 8:28 pm

Hi, Everyone...

:oops:

I received my shipment of Medifast two weeks ago. I want this so badly... but I'm really struggling. The first half of the day is great by by the time early evening rolls around I find I'm mostly doing dinner and from there forget it - once I eat I keep eating. Most nights I'm going to bed feeling like a failure yet almost convincing myself that 'tomorrow' I will find the will to muscle-through for my first full day of medifast...14 days later - I'm so frustrated.

I can do just about anything for anyone - I'm not sure why I can't do this great and healthy thing for myself.

If anyone has some jedi-mind-trick suggestions on how to get through the first few days I would be so appreciative. If I could get through that first 3 days - I think I would be fine.

Thank you in advance and thank you all for the great info and inspiration offered on this site.

Holdings~
holdings

Struggling

Postby Jan » August 6th, 2005, 8:42 pm

Hi there holdings

You are right the first three days are the very hardest. When you make it through them you are off and running on you way to health.
I think the most important thing for you to do is plan plan plan.
Drink lots and lots of things like cyrstal light after dinner. And be sure to weigh and measure that dinner!! Two cups of lettuce with 1/4 cups of chopped veggies is really a lot. Eat chicken on those first three days -- you get more oz that way. Fill up the old stomach.
Now for after dinner be sure and save something to have for "dessert". You know your fifth meal replacement of the day.
I sometimes felt hungry after my lean and green at first but just made myself a big cup of decaf tea and slowly drank it. Plus I knew that in just about two hours I could have my" dessert". For me it was M.
F. oatmeal made nice and thick with extra cinnamon and splenda. You could even make it using sugar free apple cider mix w/water in place of just plain water. Tastes like apple pie. Then make sure and drink more water, tea, diet soda, or crystal light. All things that fill the stomach. It's just a matter of putting the right stuff in and avoiding the wrong stuff. Do you have Robust Tomato Soup?? That's a freebie 2 pkg soup 10 - 12 oz hot water,l Tbs of fat free coffee mate and l splenda-- it makes a great cream of tomato soup. How about the M.F. crackers -- l pkg a day -- but it gives you something to "crunch on. If you don't have the Robust Tomato try bouillon. You can eat up to three stalks of celery and a couple of dill pickles too. None of this will interrupt your program and may help you get through the first days. Hang in there we all know you can do it
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby mytime » August 6th, 2005, 9:23 pm

Holdings - Welcome. What do you mean by "doing dinner ?" Do you mean cooking for yourself or other people as well ? This would change my answer. To handle cooking I eat my bar on the way home with 32 oz of madatory water - I mandate it - then cook so I am only tempted while full - which is one heck of a lot easier. I will tell you I started out on the full fast and have now changed to the five and one. Looking back I probably could not have done the five and one the first three days- I love food too. If it is ok with your MD I would consider that. Also do not forget about all of the extras you can have - pickels soups etc. they got me through the first three I can assure you. Doctor up all of your food - I do mine and the receipes are great and quick and lastly and most importantly only you can make you a priority but all of us are here for your efforts. We love to help and need each other. You are a part of this circle and we care. Love yourself and your MF - the first three are the worst but the results will blow your mind - promise. Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to Come on in.