I cheated over the weekend. Will I gain weight?

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

I cheated over the weekend. Will I gain weight?

Postby monique62579 » August 27th, 2007, 12:48 pm

Over this weekend I had a piece of fried chicken without the breading or skin for my lean protein for the day but then that evening I has a slice of cheese pizza. I haven't gone off the program since I started 6 weeks ago and have lost a total of 22 lbs. at a very steady pace. I actually lost 2lbs this weekend inspite of my little lack of will power. Do you think it will impact my weightloss this week?
monique62579
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby Tawanda » August 27th, 2007, 1:59 pm

My guess is that the extra calories weren't 3.500 so you won't see any true weight gain from it and the extra calories that you consumed will just slow your loss down a little bit. I just think of it all in 'math terms'. You ate xxx number of calories, not enough to add up to the 3,500 that would equal a pound of weight gain, so no true weight will be gained (water weight may show up though) ......whatever xxx calories you ate, over what you would have eaten on program is only going to slow you down for the length of time that it will take you to have that many calorie deficit again (the off program calorie total)-----clear as mud, huh? :?
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Jan » August 27th, 2007, 3:23 pm

Hi there Monique,
You most likely won't gain any weight ... but what you have done is put off the "fat burning state" for another three days. :? It's the carbs from the pizza that did that. :cry: Our program is so balanced that extra carbs push you right out of the fat burning state. I know Dr. Andersen has said that even three croutons on your salad can do it. :cry: It will take your body three days to start burning your body fat again. Just keep going.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Return to Come on in.