Changing my goal

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Changing my goal

Postby want2Bthin » August 5th, 2005, 10:41 am

Hi everyone! As you can see by my ticker, I have decided to change my goal. :huh: I originally set my goal weight to be 145 pounds. I have decided that for now I am going to set it at 160 pounds. I feel this is something I have to do for now to protect my mental wellbeing. I may go lower then 160 but I am going to cross that bridge when I get there.

This is just something I have been praying about & today I am at complete peace with my decision. :angel:

I wanted to tell you all so when you see the change in my ticker, you will know why. This may sound crazy :shock: to some of you but when you have alot to lose sometimes it gets a little overwhelming so we have to trick are brains to keep sane! :aarggh:

Thanks for listening. :hug:

Angelia :mrgreen:
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby martha » August 5th, 2005, 11:22 am

ANGELIA--

You and only you know what is best for your peace of mind.. One thing I have learned from dieting over and over again is to not set your goal to low..You can always change it later on..I use to only set 25# goals at a time that way it didn't look like I would never get to the end.. It worked for me at that time in my life.. We as adults need to remember to set our goals at points that we can maintain.. Last time I set it to low and yes I reached it but it was killing me as a person to try to maintain..I am soo proud of your progress so far..You are doing great!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
.. You never owe us an explanation for what is right for you..That is what this program is all about..doing what is right and best for you to get to a healthy weight that is going to give you peace of mind as well as body..Does this make sense?(sometimes I know what I want to say but get it all mixed up trying to write it :oops: )
Keep up the great work and rejoice in the peace that God has given you about this decision..You will prevail and I am here to help you every step of the way..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby LilMsTexas » August 5th, 2005, 11:39 am

As usual Martha has hit the nail on the head with her post ;) So I'll say DITTO :D

Ya know Angelia........it just all comes down to you staying EXCITED! For some people reaching mini goals is so invigorating and inspiring....other people don't see the sense in it. Some people like chocolate and some people hate it :shock: hehe So do what is working for you and just HAVE FUN!! Where else can we go and be so dang excited about being a big ole group of losers?? lol

The way I see it.....with mini goals we get to celebrate you reaching your goal over and over again!! 8)

Have a great weekend sweetie........and thanks again for checking on me,
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby want2Bthin » August 8th, 2005, 3:38 pm

Thanks Martha & Christi!

I am still sitting at a plateau! I have been dealing with it for a few weeks now! I am doing the complete this week to see if that will kick start things again! I also just placed an order for a exercise bike. :biker: I do exercise now but I am going to add more cardio.

I am not writing this because I am discouraged though. I just want to share this with everyone that way if someone else hits there first big plateau, they will remember that it is normal & may take a while to get through. I reference back to 24K's post alot. She has great advice on how to survive the dreaded plateaus. :scratch:

I will keep you all posted. I have just given this to the Lord & will patiently wait for things to start going down again!

Angelia
want2Bthin

Postby martha » August 8th, 2005, 3:44 pm

HANG IN THERE-- things will start up again soon..Just think of all the inches you are losing :mrgreen: I am dreading the 1st plateau too.. I know it is around the corner but all I can say is BRING IT ON :mrgreen: I am ready and look forward to losing inches too.. you have given it to the right person --God IS GOOD!!!!! and he will get you through this...I have faith in you and the MF program..Have a blessed week..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Mommy2girls » August 18th, 2005, 2:53 pm

I'm really glad for you. And I'm happy that you are at peace with this. I've been toying with my original goal and I keep trying to decide what to do. All I've decided for now is to get to my 1st goal (55lbs lost) and then decide from there if I want to go lower.

I would really like to say something about WEIGHT in general and what the "charts" say (I'm talking about the medical charts that dr. use to find your ideal weight, etc.) I think every person needs the guidelines that medical physicians can offer by showing us what for our height we should weigh, BUT......I think that a person can weigh more than the medical charts and still be extremely healthy. I guess what I'm saying is that don't just use WEIGHT to determine your health. There is so much emphasis in our society on weight and that skinny=healthy, but I just don't believe that paints the WHOLE picture.

For myself, I think I would like to end up being a solid size 14. I'm a 16-18 right now and I really think I would feel fine being a 14. Certainly not a skinny-minny, but HEALTHY for me, a former 22-24 3X gal. As an adult (like when I graduated from high school at age eighteen) I weighed 175lbs. That IS my lowest adult weight and I'm okay with that.

So basically, I applaude what you are doing, and I think that YOU being in charge of it is the best approach, so congrats from me, I think you will be just FINE!!!

Thanks for posting about this topic! It certainly hit a button with me!
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby want2Bthin » August 18th, 2005, 5:03 pm

Sheila-

Thank you so much for such a kind response. Changing my goal has been a wonderful blessing for me. I feel so much better now. Kind of silly but it has helped.

Angelia :mrgreen:
want2Bthin

Return to The Weight Room