casma500

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby bikipatra » November 30th, 2006, 1:59 pm

I moved to DC for personal reasons. I miss Dallas like crazy-mostly my family there. The weather is so bad in Dallas my sister got to go home at 1:00!!! I am about to call my mom and see if she is still chained to her desk.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby casma500 » November 30th, 2006, 2:25 pm

very cool robin! i vaguely remember you saying from cali -- we'll have to talk about it saturday! and brownies! wow! you have some willpower girl! man!

sorry biki about missing your family!

and yes! this is some weather~ i just got home early too. but i take the train, and only h ave to drive 2 miles. But i do have a couple of pretty steep hills to traverse in those 2 miles. Everything was still pretty much melted by the time I got there, but i have a huge feeling tomorrow morning will be very bad as it will refreeze on top of itself. we'll see though! in the meantime, it's kinda fun to get home early; just wish there was enough snow to do snow angels! :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:
~ Be Yourself -- Everyone Else is Already Taken ~
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby bikipatra » November 30th, 2006, 4:04 pm

One thing I love about DC is that we get pretty snow that doesn't turn to ugly dirty ice so soon.
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby casma500 » December 1st, 2006, 10:15 am

That IS nice about the snow biki! btw, do you know bill w by any chance?? quite a few of your sayings sound VERY familiar to me!

today, i have gained another .5 pounds!!!! what the heck is going on??? i stayed compliant as far as 5 meals & l&g, but did eat a couple of meals closer together and farther apart because of time differences (went home early which meant i did not get my 2:30 until 3:30 and then by 5:30 i had at 5)... not sure if that is it, or if this freezing weather is throwing my system into auto starvation mode & holding on to everything. i will be walking to the bank at lunch today, so my walking will be more again than usual. Guess i will just have to wait until Sunday when I measure again ~ am really hoping my inches will be down.

just glad this is friday and i can chill out at the homestead tomorrow morning, have my L&G at lunch with robin and then go to the boss' house for a party. hoping to get pictures of his huge home, and maybe some of me for my 6 week shots since i have not gotten any others.

Postby bikipatra » December 1st, 2006, 11:40 am

I have indeed known Bill from time to time...ehehheheh. Earlier this week I gained weight, just .5 a day for two days and I was 100% compliant. Then I had the ChefBoyardee Episode and then a little over 24 hours the weight was gone. The only thing I can attribute it to is over-exercising. Somewhere on here Nancy says that too much exercise in the beginning can slow weight loss. I was walking over 2 miles a day with my all or nothing mentality. I sat on my ass yesterday, drank plenty of water and BINGO!!!! An end to my constipation probably helped too!
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby casma500 » December 1st, 2006, 12:43 pm

Ver cool biki - i've known him for over 17 years! I'm afraid that is part of my problem as I've had to walk appx 1 mile twice this week and i'm back on that 3 week cycle where i am not suppopsed to exercise. I was a total vegetable the first go-round, and may have to change that next week and just not walk anywhere... lol -- tell me not to exercise and i will not argue with you! :) yes, i've had the potty problem too so that may be part of it. drinking tons of water, but i always have (i know how to drink LOL)

Well, tried the stew today for the first time as I knew with this weather it would taste great. Forgot my celery sticks I was going to add to it, but did add a teaspoon of salsa (hey, it's a texas thing!) :) and it wasn't too bad! i think the celery and different spices would help (garlic definitely would have) but didn't have them at work. Will try it again this weekend to see if i can doctor it up more.

tried the cream of chicken for the first time yesterday with some celery and extra parsley - OH MY GOODNESS!!! I absolutely loved it! it was the best! so i will definitely be eating more of that this weekend. and of course, hot cocoa & cappucino to help with those cold mornings (i mix mine with instant coffee).

may be trying the layered choc/vanilla parfait nancy mentioned in her monthly specials (do not care for the naner at all) too! and i will finally have some time to try the chocolate pie loriann wrote about -- yum!!! lots of desserts & new things so my cooking bone can get worked out again :mrgreen:

Postby DogMa » December 1st, 2006, 1:17 pm

Mary, try making the chocolate pudding with raspberry Crystal Light instead of water; I have that almost every night before bed.

See you tomorrow!!!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby bikipatra » December 1st, 2006, 1:29 pm

I love a vanilla shake in the morning with coffee. I put it in food processor and I swear I am drinking a triple latte! Coffee aerates so much it is best not to put it in then shaker. I am a huge fan of the cream of chicken soup. I have to have my dash of hot pepper sauce but otherwise parfait! When I was on Medifast all of two weeks before I read about a great recipe with the cream of chicken. You add a little bit of frozen spinach and spices and it is like creamed spinach. I am Miss Compliance right now so I haven't done it again yet...hehhehehe. I have known Bill off and on for 12 years-started young. First time at age 21.
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby casma500 » December 3rd, 2006, 1:05 pm

Wow ~ so much to write about today!

Met Robin yesterday! MAN!!! She is thinner in real life than she appears in her pix -- and Robin, I don't know what you mean by not being happy with your face, because you are beautiful! And have a incredible nature! Here's hoping we can get together more often! Next time I won't talk so much! LOL ~

I weighed in this week at 8+ pounds, lost most of it and gained some back... so I am 2 more pounds than I was before T-Day. I will be chanign my ticker to reflect only 20 pounds lost now. This gives me SO much motivation for totally sticking with the program next week -- weighing my food again, just 5 packets, and NO extra exercise/walking!

Didn't get the address needed for the party I was supposed to go to last night, so I didn't have to worry about temptation there.

I am deteremined to be half-way to the 30# club by next sunday. and then hit the 30# club the week after (big goals, i know... but i need bigs goals or i'll just hit any smaller one and not worry about more) ~ :)

Hi

Postby dede4wd » December 3rd, 2006, 1:13 pm

Glad you got to meet Robin, I missed her last time I was in the DFW area...

Hi!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DogMa » December 3rd, 2006, 3:14 pm

Mary, I was going to apologize because I thought I did all the talking!!

We should totally do it again.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby casma500 » December 5th, 2006, 2:21 pm

You're on Robin! Unfortunately, with the holidays, the saturdays for the rest of this month is booked for me, but definitely in january -- just let me know which weekend is best for you. And I am planning on buying myself a digital camera for Christmas, so we can grab some poor waiter or waitress so we can post some here too :mrgreen: We can invite any other MFers willing to come~

Work was VERY stressful today due to the no address thingy for the boss' party... but MF-wise, had a great day today - totally stuck with the plan, though something on tv made me SOOOOO hungry for an english muffin!~ oh well -- as Robin says, that food will always be there! That always helps me!

But I also had the rest of the zuchinni pie that Mike posted in LC section! YUM!!! I added some celery (freebie), mushrooms and tomatoes ~ man! And it was SO much food!! Absolutely the best! What a great treat and chance from chicken breast & veggies or salad! I will definiately be making more of this in future, and even trying it with spinach (I think Robin makes something similar).

Did not weigh in today; want to get back to just weighing in twice a week again (Wed & Sundays) so as not to get discouraged due to normal fluctuations.

So, off to slumberland and getting ready for another great MF day!

Postby DogMa » December 5th, 2006, 3:59 pm

I do make something similar with spinach and red onions and either mushrooms or artichoke hearts (not until maintenance) or both. and usually egg substitute because you can have so much of it.

And I meant to bring my digital camera the other day, but of course I forgot it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Definitely again in January. I may need a couple of weeks to adjust to the new hours, though, or I'll be falling asleep in the fajitas.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby casma500 » December 6th, 2006, 1:16 pm

Hey Robin -- okay, that will be my egg dish next week. Sounds delish! Have decided to make at least one egg dish each week. The zuchini pie one will actually be twice in that week because of the recipe. How many egg beaters is a serving?

wow -- found a new ranch salad dressing! it is Naturally Fresh Lite Ranch. YUM!!! Not as great as Ken's lite italian, but I love ranch and this is a great alternative! 80 cal, (70 are fat - ugh!), 2g carbs, 1g protein and only 5 mcg cholesterol, but the best is that it is the absolute best tasting low-fat ranch! i'm pretty picky about ranch, and just tried this because it was on sale. YUM!!! i will be going back to get more while it is on sale. found it in the area where the bagged salads are. Also bought one of their vinigarettes but haven't tried it yet.

okay, good day today, except for some reason, I did not drink as much water as i normally do. only on bottle #5. not sure what is going on with that. still have one meal to go and it will be hot cocoa since those are on sale this month! then off to bed to get some decent sleep tonight ~ tomorrow is weigh in day!

Postby DogMa » December 6th, 2006, 4:17 pm

I make myself drink a bottle with each meal (except two with breakfast and none with my last meal, or else I'd be up all night). Seems to work for me.

You get up to a whole cup of egg substitute, which is a LOT. Usually a half is plenty (a quarter-cup equals one egg, except with way fewer calories and less fat, of course). If you only use half a cup, it means you have some "lean" left and can add a little low-fat cheese. A tablespoon or so of reduced-fat feta goes a long way, if you crumble it up and sprinkle it on before you bake it.

OK, I know what I'm having tomorrow!!! Although I'm in heaven lately with that chicken dish I told you about; I bet you could use a veggie other than the artichoke hearts and it'd still be good - or just leave them out. I put four chicken breasts in a baking dish, covered 'em with sliced mushrooms (and the hearts), poured a can of diced tomatoes over the whole thing, and then mixed up some of my Maple Grove Farms vinaigrette with some crushed garlic and a little lemon juice and dijon mustard, then poured that on the top. Then I baked the whole thing till the chicken was done. It was fantastic. Very warm and hearty and satisfying. And incredibly easy.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal