casma500

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby casma500 » October 29th, 2006, 6:08 am

Thanks KimKim! You are right. Just had my very first weigh-in ~ 13 lbs GONE!!! GONE, with the wind... ;)

And along with that, 2 inches in chest :( (heehee), 2 in hips :mrgreen: , 1 inch in thighs, and 1 inch in my calves! Do I count the thigh & calves twice? If not, still total of 6 inches GONE!!!!! Holy Toledo!

I'm pumped up and ready for this next week, altho I have noticed I'm about out of my hot drinks -- I really prefer those over the shakes, so I will have to start drinking the shakes up, or do an order :) And I took my cam to CVS yesterday but they were shorthanded, so they should have my pix ready after church today!

I am totally giddy y'all! And my friend Vicki may sign up as well! Still on my pink cloud and loving life~ :cheerleader: :dino:

Off to change the ticker!
~ Be Yourself -- Everyone Else is Already Taken ~
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Congrats!

Postby KimKim » October 29th, 2006, 9:39 am

Wow,

That is absolutely amazing! I'm so proud of you. That initial drop in weight loss is so wonderful. I never had a big drop but I know the feeling, in general.

I wish I had measured myself *before* starting. I don't know the inches I lost JUST with Medifast and I wish I did because it was significant. I lost 2 inches off the belly exercising and that felt great.

We'll see what happened this week.

Congratulations on your success!

Kim
p.s. Really, you can call me Kim. I hate my login name now. I didn't know it was going to come up all the time (not sure why I didn't know that) . . .
KimKim
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby casma500 » October 30th, 2006, 11:12 am

Hey kim,
I responded on your string i think.... doh!

anyway, today has been a rough day (just when i thought i could fly through!). i am sitting at someone else's desk today as they are out, and i have been HUNGRY all morning long! think it is boredom hunger... normally, at my desk, i am busy busy busy, but I can't leave this desk and for my desk and I am constantly up and down and moving all around... man ~ glad i do not have to sit here every day ~ :)

hope the hunger will pass once i get back to my desk this afternoon ~ :)

Happy Halloween!

Postby casma500 » October 31st, 2006, 6:05 pm

Well, even with donuts and candy all over the office today for Halloween, I was VERY good ~ the funny thing is, is that it only becomes a problem when I walked into the break room (thank goodness I was walking in to make my MF!). Split my l&g today as julea owed me lunch ~ was still good there and had a salad with chicken breast ~ woo hoo! then had fajitas tonight with chicken, onions & peppers. mucho bueno!

And Vicki has bought her first order; will have to see when she is going to get her food and when she is going to start...

Excellent

Postby KimKim » October 31st, 2006, 9:08 pm

Hey Cas,

Great job on the willpower at work! Comments on each other's journals is pretty common and totally acceptable. We don't tend to comment as much as in the general threads but hey, we know these are not "private" in that way and I appreciate getting other's insight, sharing experiences, relating to experiences and cheering each other on.

I'm still so impressed by your inches lost in just one week. Absolutely amazing.

You go!

Kim
KimKim
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby casma500 » November 2nd, 2006, 8:31 am

Thanks kim!! I was amazed as well -- TRUST me, had nothing to do with me LOL. All MF's fault! :)

I know this week i will not lose as much as most of that was water weight, but i am still excited to know my clothes aren't as tight, and in a couple of weeks i can fit [maybe] into an 18 again! woo hoo!! so excited about that!

Why don't you start measuring inches now ~ even though it won't be the beginning, it may help to motivate you when you see those changing with little weight change ~ just a thought...

This web site was down so i could not get on it yesterday ~ grateful they seem to have fixed the prob!

Happy November! We finally have some cooler weather here! And I should be able to FINALLY go pick up my before pic from that :x CVS!

Postby casma500 » November 3rd, 2006, 6:16 pm

Weighed in this morning and have only lost 1.5 pounds -- did not expect 13 but was hoping for more than that... but i will take it!! and i still have today and tomorrow before Sunday! i will wait until sunday a.m. to measure -- am hoping lost more inches than pounds. i did have to woalk twice this week at lunch time to meet friends, and i did my l&g as two meals twice also which may have affected things as well... here's hoping the next two days go great!

End of Week 2

Postby casma500 » November 5th, 2006, 6:32 am

Well I only lost 3.5 lbs this week!!! How awesome is that?? I was getting bummed mid-week when i weighed and it was only 1.5 pounds, so stuck TOTALLY to the script and voila! 2 more lbs in just a couple of days! Guess I better continue to stick with it -- LOL! Lost another inch in my waist, but everything else stayed the same. Today will be a hard day as it is fellowship dinner at church/wedding shower for Rachael & Brian who then leave to missionary in IReland (poor things!) :) I am bringing pork chops and salad, plus mango & raspberry fruit salad to get them out of the freezer (I sure won't be needing them anytime soon!) so that I have something to eat, but usually I am there at the end of the line, and I didn't bring enough for all ~ Someone usually brings ham too, so I may have to eat that and just eat a little of it (2 bites!) and then come home to my l&g -- or WAIT!! I can just eat my bar then! doh! what was i thinking?? yes! i will just eat my bar then ~ :)

Postby kendra_m » November 5th, 2006, 9:24 am

Casma,
Sounds like you are doing great! Congrats on your second week of great results!
You're being smart about planning ahead for today... those types of events are always a challenge for me too. I'd be careful of the ham... because of the high sodium. If you have a few bites, you might want to increase your water intake... that has helped me when I've had too much sodium. Tho sometimes I also am able to decide that it just isn't worth it. :)

Keep up the good work!

:hatch: Finding the new me!!
--------------
10# - 9/11/06
20# - 9/24/06
30# - 11/5/06
40# - 11/19/06
kendra_m
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby casma500 » November 6th, 2006, 12:14 pm

Thanks Kendra! I have also found that letting my friends know ahead of time too, so they will understand if I'm not eating my "normal" load. So far, they have all been super understanding, and encouraging. I'm really lucky not to have any of them trying to sabotage me (yet!) >:)

The colder weather has hit, and I'm not sure if that is why, but I am eating every 2-1/2 hours today. But know that is so much better than eating bad stuff.

Just read the chocolate graham pie from LoriAnn and man, am I starting to think about that now... unfortunately, new supplies do not come until prob Thursday, so that will have to wait. Dang!!

well, thank goodness for all the soup alternatives as well. Does anyone in the Dallas area know where to get some Molly McCheese?? I've looked at Kroger & Sams and could not find it... don't think I'm willing to pay huge shipping costs for it. May have to just bug the stores until they start stocking it!

Okay, back to work!

Postby casma500 » November 7th, 2006, 12:29 pm

Having a great day today! Work up and for some reason decided to weigh in (usually do that on Wed or Thursday so as not to be disappointed with no loss), and I was already down 1.5 from just 2 days!! YAY!!!!

So sticking to my plan with no probs today -- what a motivator! Maybe I will begin weighing in 3x per week, with the lift it gave me. And I got my first compliment today from our receptionist. She knows about the plan - heck, everyone does! I wasn't so shy about that, as I usually go to lunch with a lot of the people I work with and had to explain why I wouldn't be now! Tonight it is chicken breast and spinach with vinegar! YUM!!!

AND I already went and voted, so that is out of the way for me. Hoping my next order comes in as I would love to have some crackers to go with my lunch time soup, AND to make that awesome chocolate graham cracker pie LoriAnn makes!! Plus there are so many things they did not send in the first order that I definitely want to try! Will go check TSFL web site now ~ Happy MFing All!! :beerbeer:

Postby Serendipity » November 7th, 2006, 1:27 pm

Hey, you don't have to give up lunch with your friends. I go to lunch at least once a week with friends. I take a packet of Chicken & Wild Rice soup with me and order a bowl of hot water. Or sometimes, I have my L & G for lunch. Meeting for lunch isn't all about the food.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby casma500 » November 8th, 2006, 12:24 pm

Hey Jo ~ Thanks! I never thought of the taking my MF with me! I have gone out and eaten with them and had my l&g, but I have found myself hungry again that night and had 2 l&gs (that is purely a mental thing, i know). So was trying to avoid that -- but next time i will take my meal with me!

This week has not been as hard as last week was, but I am staying compliant. I weighted again today, with no difference, which is what I was afraid of and why I hate weighing more than once a week. I will resist the scale until Sunday now :) Next week I will start with the Wed/Sun schedule.

I did have a problem with my chicken last night in that it ended up only being 6 oz after cooking instead of 7, and I did not have more defrosted to cook. I need to ask Nancy about that when I ask her about the lemon juice. Is it okay to add a slice of low fat cheese to make up that difference? Or should I just stick to the 6 oz? I was still more than satisfied.

Chicken again tonight with a salad. :mrgreen:

Postby casma500 » November 9th, 2006, 11:42 am

well, i've done it -- i've become a scale junkie... :water: :uhuh: couldn't resist stepping on this morning with it right in front of me! [edit] okay, good thing we are switching, because that is NOT the emoticon i picked :)

but today it was a good thing! i'm down 2 lbs for the week, with my roommate trying to give me a hard time about it (he has been trying to sabotage me too, by the way! leaving candy bars and popcorn [my absolute fav] out on the kitchen table!). anyway, i'm so stoked about the 2 lbs. at the half-week mark, and am hoping for 4 or 5 pounds this week! how awesome would that be?

saturday will be a tough day tho as lots to do -- going to donate items for wounded veterans, then a baby shower at a restaurant. There will be a person there that I don't care for very much at all, so that will be a stressful thing, but am going because the mom to be specifically asked me. Glad Jo mentioned taking my mixes with me! No sweat on that now~ more concerned about the stress affecting my desire, and not sure how this group of people will be (encouraging for me, or heck, it's just one day)... trying to psyche myself up for it and be ready!

AND (YAY!!!!) my food should be here today -- will be calling TSFL in a few minutes to confirm, and then calling Nancy about a couple of things! It seems I have been waiting so long for it! lol -- just missing my couple of fav things which are all gone ~

AND a new pair of pants I got the week before I started this diet are LOOSE!!! yay!!!! I better wear 'em while I can ~ LOL!!! Seriously, I don't see them lasting more than 2-3 weeks max! (they're elastic, so I can still wear a short while). I'M TOTALLY STOKED ABOUT THAT!!!! WOOOT WOOOT!!

Postby casma500 » November 10th, 2006, 1:10 pm

another day down, another 1/2 gone with the wind :mrgreen:

right now i am starving as i am relieving the receptionist and i time my food around that, and she if more than 1/2 hour returning!!!!! getting concerned...

still hoping my MF order will be at home tonight!!! yesterday when i called Brian was completely useless! said, nope just shipped today! i said, then why did i get an email saturday saying it had shipped friday? he said, well that is all i can tell you. we have a new system and there is no tracking information for me to tell you even where it is! i'm like, gee, thanks for nothing!

whew! got that off my chest (heehee); feel better. if it not at home when i get there tonight, i'll be really disappointed. i have food left but it's all the food that i'm not all that crazy about (except the bars -- i really haven't found one that i don't like yet:))

anyhoo, great weigh in this morning, but i think the lack of food is making me cranky (ya think?!!?) heehee or maybe psycho....

hopefully she will be returning soon :)

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal