Carrots, Eggs, & Coffee!

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Carrots, Eggs, & Coffee!

Postby alpha femme » June 24th, 2009, 9:29 pm

cheesy self-motivation ahead...

A carrot, an egg, and a cup of coffee...You will never look at a cup of coffee the same way again.

A young woman went to her mother and told her about her life and how things were so hard for her. She did not know how she was going to make it and wanted to give up. She was tired of fighting and struggling.

It seemed as one problem was solved, a new one arose.

Her mother took her to the kitchen. She filled three pots with water and placed each on a high fire. Soon the pots came to boil. In the first she placed carrots, in the second she placed eggs, and in the last she placed ground coffee beans. She let them sit and boil; without saying a word.

In about twenty minutes she turned off the burners. She fished the carrots out and placed them in a bowl. She pulled the eggs out and placed them in a bowl. Then she ladled the coffee out and placed it in a bowl. Turning to her daughter, she asked, ' Tell me what you see.'

'Carrots, eggs, and coffee,' she replied.

Her mother brought her closer and asked her to feel the carrots. She did and noted that they were soft. The mother then asked the daughter to take an egg and break it. After pulling off the shell, she observed the hard boiled egg.

Finally, the mother asked the daughter to sip the coffee. The daughter smiled as she tasted its rich aroma. The daughter then asked, 'What does it mean, mother?'

Her mother explained that each of these objects had faced the same adversity: boiling water. Each reacted differently. The carrot went in strong, hard, and unrelenting. However, after being subjected to the boiling water, it softened and became weak. The egg had been fragile. Its thin outer shell had protected its liquid interior, but after sitting through the boiling water, its inside became hardened. The ground coffee beans were unique, however. After they were in the boiling water, they had changed the water.

'Which are you?' she asked her daughter. 'When adversity knocks on your door, how do you respond? Are you a carrot, an egg or a coffee bean?
alpha femme
Preferred member

Re: Carrots, Eggs, & Coffee!

Postby nickieluv » June 24th, 2009, 9:32 pm

Wow. I'm an egg. It would be nice to be a coffee bean, but I don't know that I have that kind of strength.
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby DogMa » June 25th, 2009, 9:20 am

I hate coffee with a passion, so I'd say the coffee changed the water for the worse. So, yes, I'm more an egg, but I'm pretty OK with that. A little hardened and a little cracked. :lol:
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby oksoonergirl26 » July 2nd, 2009, 12:15 pm

Today (and most of the last couple of weeks) I feel like the carrot, weakened by all the boiling water and turmoil.....maybe I will become the egg or the coffee after all of this over, but I can't really see that right now. :cry:
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to What's Shakin'