I'm Bummed out...HELP!

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Postby raederle » February 8th, 2005, 6:31 pm

Nancy, I sure hope you know that we are here for you. It's the *least* we can do after all the support you lend us every single day... I hope you can reduce your Prednisone soon, and in the mean time, we are here to listen-- come type to us if you feel bloated and hungry and mad (that is, if WonderHubby Terry is not around cuz he's out buying you more "just because" gifts! ;) )

This stupid Prednisone problem couldn'ta happened to a nicer leopard woman-- and it makes me mad!!! But we'll get ya through it. Promise.

:hug:
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » February 8th, 2005, 10:16 pm

Thank you for your encouragement to me! Aw...I have eye tearage right now...

I have battled Prednisone for a couple of years now. After I started Medifasting I was actually able to go off of it completely for four months. I was euphoric! I thought I had fought the final battle and was rid of the auto-immune disorder.

Less than one month after reaching my goal weight, I could feel it raging and coming back. I have chronic hives - it begins inside and then they crop up externally. It makes it hard to breathe, red welts form on my face, neck, and chest. It makes me feel very anxiously - extremely and intensely anxious. My eyes begin to swell shut.

I have to take high doses of Benadryl when it flares up. (On a daily basis I take high doses of Allegra several times a day to help keep it in check.)

The worst nightmare became my reality - Terry had gone to bed at 9 PM on a Saturday night because he got up at 4 AM to shower and go to church - he's a pastor.

I felt very bad by midnight, had already taken a lot of Benadryl and did not want to awaken him and have him drive me to the hospital and sit in the waiting room. I thought I could ride it out until dawn and go in to the ER then.

It got worse and I was getting really scared. I should have awakened him but just did not want to do so. I drove to the ER with an ice bag alternating over my eyes.

The doc gave me some sort of shot and a prescription for Prednisone...I had to wait for some time before I was allowed to drive home. I cried all the way home, thinking that just as I had finally reached my goal weight I would puff up like a toad again.

May I just tell you all that in spite of some minor health 'glitches' I a thrilled that Medifast has enabled me to be successful. It takes effort and discipline. I do not always like to be disciplined. I would much rather eat whatever I want, how much I want and when I want. I CAN eat what I want and when I want. I just cannot eat ALL that I want.

It is not a bad trade-off if you ask me.

Here's to shirt tuckage, Everyone!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Triskets » February 10th, 2005, 9:07 am

Gee Nancy - you are an inspiration to us all - not just for your massive weight loss and maintenance success but for the health problems on top of it and still being able to succeed.
Wow - I am totally impressed. You are my hero.
Here's to you Nancy :toast: Hugs and kisses to you! :cleader: :heart:
Trish
Pound by pound my weight is coming down!
Start over 2/9/2008
268/252
Triskets
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby raederle » February 10th, 2005, 9:31 am

Oh, Nance. Why do bad things always seem attracted to good people??? Maybe it's just that the bad things are attracted to the strongest ones, the ones who can manage to deal with it and still triumph and serve as an example and an inspiration to everyone else... Imagine, you driving yourself to the ER with only one eye open at a time, at 4 am!!!

At least now, only your eyes get swollen occasionally :shock:, and not all of the rest of ya, like before!!! ;) The more I learn about you, the more you grow in my estimation. You're a bigger hero to me every day.
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle

Postby scrabbler7 » February 10th, 2005, 11:14 am

Nancy - so so sorry to hear about your current troubles. But in true LW fashion - you accept -- adjust -- and continue. A true inspiration.

I just wanted to let you know I feel your pain -- I've been on steriods since I was 5 years old for an adrenal insufficiency. I can relate to the poundage it causes you to carry, the UNGODLY hunger, the puffiness. So many diets where I've told myself I just can't lose the weight due to this problem. But I know I also attribute to it -- just cause it makes me hungry doesn't mean it makes me eat the entire box of krimpets. As Mike says, the stomach doesn't care what you filled it with once it's full!!

Hearing you have a similar story with this type of medication only increases my resolve. Another excuse I cannot use -- another reason I will SUCCEED.

Thanks -- it helps a lot --
scrabbler7

Postby Nancy » February 10th, 2005, 10:28 pm

rae ~

You're a bigger hero to me every day.

Aww…you’re gettin’ me all misty-eyed, Friend…but would ya mind if we re-phrase that, Little Darlin'...like change the adjective :twisted: ‘bigger’ to :grin: thinner...

:thumbsup: Thanks, Kiddo!

Scrabbler: :yes:

re:
just cause it makes me hungry doesn't mean it makes me eat the entire box of krimpets

You've got it!

It is hard to make changes - to dump our old habits - but we are able to replace them with productive and positive new habits. We can learn new things!

We cannot permit steroids or other medications, conditions or the situations of life to become a license to graze uncontrollably. I surely used to do so and you can all see the fine mess I was in.

In spite of the Pred, I have learned to view food as fuel. It's an inanimate object.

I call on the intellectual (ok, Unca, Terry Mike & GeeGee just be quiet!) part of my brain to determine if it is TIME to eat and HOW MUCH I can eat instead of allowing the emotional part of me to take control and get out the front-end loader.

We all have challenges in our lives, they are inevitable and we can choose how we face them - we can let them control us, become bitter or we can become better - I choose the latter!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby jene115 » February 11th, 2005, 6:06 am

We all have challenges in our lives, they are inevitable and we can choose how we face them - we can let them control us, become bitter or we can become better - I choose the latter

Wow Nancy, you will never know how much I needed to read these words. I know this sounds hokey, but with our similar medical issues, I want to be like you! You are such an inspiration to me and proof that even with medical issues, this can be done.
Jen
03/01/08
"I'm stronger than my cravings!"
jene115
Preferred member

Postby itsgonnaworkthistime » February 11th, 2005, 7:56 am

Hi Jene,

How's it going for you these last couple days? I know you had a rough start, but from your posts it sounds like you have overcome. Just curious how you have been adjusting the last couple days....

Maura
Start Date: 1/2/2007
itsgonnaworkthistime
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Previous

Return to Weight Loss